Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 1 Feb 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4142444)   #1076
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, we wanted news, we have news!
Completely surprised about it especially as I thought Laser Tools won't return and expected Hill to race still under Rokit branding. Anyway, interested to see BMW in this iconic livery.

However, I can see some confusion coming as some might wonder whether Hill is part of the "factory" WSR, or does his car is run by MB Motorsport or actually Laser Tools Racing!
Old 1 Feb 2023, 19:42 (Ref:4142445)   #1077
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Abbott View Post
Laser Tools Racing, which put out a press release in December saying "Laser Tools Racing has today (December 5th) announced its withdrawal from the BTCC and will not be contesting the championship in 2023"...
Yes.
The team withdrew from the BTCC. The brand now sponsors another entry.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 19:43 (Ref:4142446)   #1078
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Interesting, will be nice to see a brighter livery at least, and no more "Rokitship" talk!

Maybe it's just me, or the folds / shadows but the front of that car really has the shape of the BMW's new grille design...
Looks like an M4. But they are still racing the 330e according to all stories. Perhaps its just for the publicity photo.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 19:44 (Ref:4142447)   #1079
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
However, I can see some confusion coming as some might wonder whether Hill is part of the "factory" WSR, or does his car is run by MB Motorsport or actually Laser Tools Racing!
In simple terms:
Laser Tools is a sponsor.
MB is the promoter.
WSR is the team.

(AFAIK, we are waiting for confirmation of "factory", or the primary sponsor)
Old 1 Feb 2023, 19:52 (Ref:4142448)   #1080
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
And it was Moffat’s team that ran the Infinitis, not Laser Tools
Old 1 Feb 2023, 20:03 (Ref:4142449)   #1081
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Well presumably someone is making money out of it with the size of the gates and the TV deals?
Gates go to circuits. TV isn’t free.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 21:01 (Ref:4142453)   #1082
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the G80 the badge sits in a recess between the top of the grilles, you can see the badge raised so is clearly the G20 still.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 07:38 (Ref:4142479)   #1083
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Looks like an M4. But they are still racing the 330e according to all stories. Perhaps its just for the publicity photo.
I think it is definitely a publicity shot car - it appears to be missing all of the NGTC aero components.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 07:48 (Ref:4142480)   #1084
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N Performance?????????
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkington?Confirmed car entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press release - MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023Inel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall AstraHandConfirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 08:17 (Ref:4142481)   #1085
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That Autosport article finishes with the following,

'Last year Moffat’s team ran in association with Team Hard, and it will continue in 2023 under a new name with a two-car attack.'

So no hints of a change in car, but does confirm they will be back
Old 2 Feb 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4142482)   #1086
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
That Autosport article finishes with the following,

'Last year Moffat’s team ran in association with Team Hard, and it will continue in 2023 under a new name with a two-car attack.'

So no hints of a change in car, but does confirm they will be back
In December 2022, Autosport reported:

"The Laser Tools Infinitis were based in Hard’s premises for much of the past two seasons, and the Scottish-owned squad is now expecting to firm up a replacement for Patterson alongside Aiden Moffat.
[...]
The team is likely to drop the Infiniti and switch to a front-wheel-drive car – Moffat Sr said this could be the Cupra but the team is still evaluating options."
Old 2 Feb 2023, 08:26 (Ref:4142483)   #1087
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N Performance?????????
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkington?Confirmed car entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3Laser Tools Racing with MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelleyConfirmed in press release - MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023Inel.
PMR-1PMRVauxhall AstraHandConfirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRVauxhall AstraWatsonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Jelley will be running under WSR and whatever name/title sponsor they have. There will only be one Laser Tools with MB Motorsport entry
Old 2 Feb 2023, 08:41 (Ref:4142484)   #1088
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
Jelley will be running under WSR and whatever name/title sponsor they have. There will only be one Laser Tools with MB Motorsport entry
I agree that is highly likely to be the ultimate postion.

However, MB Motorsport has publicly declared an intent to expand to two cars.
Morgan has publicly confirmed that Ciceley backing will appear on at least one car.
WSR has publicly confirmed that "The team structure and the names under which the BMWs are entered in 2023 are yet to be finalised. Further information will be revealed in due course."

It's all speculation at the moment, and the only thing we can base it on is information in the public domain, otherwise we are open to more criticism of 'I know something you don't'
Old 2 Feb 2023, 08:58 (Ref:4142486)   #1089
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
However, MB Motorsport has publicly declared an intent to expand to two cars.
Then surely it / they would've been included in yesterday's announcement.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4142488)   #1090
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Then surely it / they would've been included in yesterday's announcement.
The announcement was purely about Laser Tools becoming title sponsor to the car being driven by Hill in 2023.

Any aspiration to expand to two cars sits separate to that, and there may be any number of reasons why they wouldn't mention it:
  • They are still negotiating with other sponsors for the second car.
  • They are still working with WSR to confirm details of the second car.
  • They already have a deal and sponsor in place, but don't want to undermine the Laser Tools announcement.
  • The aspiration has slipped to next season.
  • The aspiration has gone away entirely.
  • They want to keep the public guessing and hold back details until a later date.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 10:15 (Ref:4142495)   #1091
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Why do I get the feeling we may see a new record for longest ever team name - "Laser Tools with MB Motorsport in association with [sponsor B] powered by [sponsor C]"
Old 2 Feb 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4142496)   #1092
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Why do I get the feeling we may see a new record for longest ever team name - "Laser Tools with MB Motorsport in association with [sponsor B] powered by [sponsor C]"
You think 'Napolina Alfa Romeo Dealer Team with Hampshires of Dorking' will be beaten?
Old 2 Feb 2023, 17:54 (Ref:4142537)   #1093
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Gates go to circuits. TV isn’t free.
So people are making money out of it then as I said.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4142538)   #1094
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
But not into a prize money pot.
Old 2 Feb 2023, 22:36 (Ref:4142564)   #1095
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
But not the organisers.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 07:57 (Ref:4142584)   #1096
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoNZO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Driver reveal and a “huge team announcement” incoming from BTC Racing….
Old 4 Feb 2023, 08:57 (Ref:4142593)   #1097
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CoNZO...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Driver reveal and a “huge team announcement” incoming from BTC Racing….
Someone who can't afford to get their helmet painted ?
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:14 (Ref:4142600)   #1098
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Now there's at least one clue. Let's see what they reveal.
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4142603)   #1099
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSR suggesting (after the Red Bull livery) their livery will be much different this year - so perhaps no BMW backing?

https://twitter.com/official_wsr/sta...394521600?s=21
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:30 (Ref:4142614)   #1100
tocatrucky
Racer

United Kingdom
Lane 1 of the A1M
tocatrucky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
WSR suggesting (after the Red Bull livery) their livery will be much different this year - so perhaps no BMW backing?

https://twitter.com/official_wsr/sta...394521600?s=21
Also ends the M4/2 series rumour for good, when asked if it was a new car the reply from WSR was:

''Nope. Will still be the BMW 330e M Sport, as we’ve stated in all our announcements during the winter.'