Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 1 Dec 2022, 18:51 (Ref:4135757)   #551
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
It's dedicated for the camp site. The other fanzones remain AFAIK.
Well we all know that if it rains over that week, the campers there will need cheering up and free wellies at best and snorkels if it rains really hard
Old 1 Dec 2022, 19:02 (Ref:4135758)   #552
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't I write *****d I know most of us are
Sorry for that.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 19:06 (Ref:4135760)   #553
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I know many of your are disappointed and upset and I totally get it and sympathize. I've only been to Le Mans four times, many of you have been going for decades uninterrupted (let's just pretend like 2020/2021 didn't even happen), so I am far from being your peer in this matter.

I just wanted to say, that I always try to remain optimistic. A few years ago when Super Sebring first became a thing we received a similar letter stating that there were big changes coming to the circuit to accommodate the larger crowds that were expected. Like you guys, I have met people at Sebring who have had the same campsite for decades, and have gone religiously every year. There was lots of gnashing of teeth and hand-wringing as people were worried about where they would be camping and how these changes would have an effect on them. I know we're not saying they're the exact same thing, but it's not quite as different as comparing apples to oranges (maybe we'll say it's comparing oranges to tangerines). The end result at Sebring was that we had a new stage, party area, and food vendor area in the heart of the camping area, the old fan zone was still there and was also expanded, but we just had more of what some people enjoy and it was less far of a walk. And it wasn't as intrusive as we'd worried about, and at the end of the day we all agreed it was a welcome change/addition.

It's just my way of saying let's try to hold on to a sliver of optimism. Maybe change can be a little bit good, maybe camping in a different spot will mean new friendships made, maybe there will be some great new food vendor that wasn't there before, maybe at the end of the week the disruption will have been kept to a minimum.

Guess moving back to California brought out by utopian inner hippie???
Old 1 Dec 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4135764)   #554
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There seems to be a growing feeling the ACO are holding tickets back from members ahead of the public sale next week. The rights and wrongs of that can obviously be debated.

As a member my question is, can you purchase these tickets if you're signed in with your ACO account (which will show you're a member)?
Old 1 Dec 2022, 19:52 (Ref:4135765)   #555
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Pretty sure they will be selling something but expect it to be on the new sites. The traditional sites that are left will either have gone to members or to the agencies, although i suspect the ACO will have some stock held in reserve in case they recieve request from sources they feel deserve them.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:05 (Ref:4135767)   #556
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I'm settled with BSJ for next year. Mainly because there will be plenty of 10/10s campers.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:13 (Ref:4135771)   #557
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Well, I'm settled with BSJ for next year. Mainly because there will be plenty of 10/10s campers.
I will do the who is where tread early next year when things have settled down as i expect some people will move campsites if they have a chance for thier original preference
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:15 (Ref:4135772)   #558
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
There seems to be a growing feeling the ACO are holding tickets back from members ahead of the public sale next week. The rights and wrongs of that can obviously be debated.

As a member my question is, can you purchase these tickets if you're signed in with your ACO account (which will show you're a member)?
Good question. If not, just don't sign in. Use your wife's/partners/friend's details.....
Old 2 Dec 2022, 00:12 (Ref:4135788)   #559
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought fan zones were usually provided for people without tickets to main event.

No point at BSJ - will just clog up getting in and out. It does need a bigger/better organised queues for car and motor homes coming in.

The whole reason for the changes is to avoid corporate guest cars getting held up a bit leaving on Sunday and about 5pm on Saturday

Getting in and out if campsites for arriving, shopping of CBW etc will be bad on Thursday and Friday and Arnage will be gridlocked

Announcement should have gone out last weekend.

Next year (well for 2024) the pitwalk will be a separate ticket - like paddock at Classic
Old 2 Dec 2022, 07:00 (Ref:4135798)   #560
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Announcement should have gone out last weekend.
Erm no, the announcement should have gone out well in advance of any tickets going on sale, and ALL tickets should have gone on sale at the same time. If they weren't ready to put tickets on sale, they should have said so and delayed the process accordingly.

They have applied absolutely no logic to what they have done.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4135801)   #561
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
The fan zone is usually close to the village, so if you want to go you can and most people can ignore it. Why put it in a far flung campsite that to be honest only people who could not get a better campsite will visit.
A fan zone will also further reduce the number of available camping pitches of course
Old 2 Dec 2022, 10:02 (Ref:4135828)   #562
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can’t say I’ve consciously noticed the fan zone in the village. Medium sized screen and a few bars?

Fan zone in BSJ will mean limited choice of overpriced beers as per stadium. Any long term independents being kicked out and more security getting in/ more restrictions bringing stuff in.

They knew all the stuff in announcement last WE. Sticking it out a month or before would just have stoked demand, enquiries to them and to all the agents even more than they were getting already. And if it could have been sorted earlier - why delay?

The change to 2 discount tickets per member has backfired. Price covered by 2GEs and if you get discounted pitch too they lose money. Think they have had IT issues with new members and have only recently seemed to have stopped benefits but carried on selling them.

A cut off period for new (not renewing) members 1 month after 22 race to get early access etc would have allowed better allocations of ticket releases. The old 4 discounts per member etc would have also cut transactions and strain on the ticket systems.

So assume they are holding back some stuff for public - they’ve announced those dates. Plus they must have stuff on sale fit locals etc just before/during race week.

Has tram extension or separate line down to BSJ (or further) ever been raised in there greener policies?
Old 2 Dec 2022, 11:55 (Ref:4135834)   #563
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Lots of stuff back for sale - just put 2 full week GE tikcets into basket

Parking Expo up to

???
Old 2 Dec 2022, 12:05 (Ref:4135838)   #564
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As it used to say at the start of Soap* - confused, you will be ...

* US 80's sitcom parody
Old 2 Dec 2022, 13:10 (Ref:4135842)   #565
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure if this was there yesterday but they've added a little map now when you click on an available campsite. I think we kinda knew where new stuff was anyway but might be useful for some.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 13:51 (Ref:4135863)   #566
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
thanks Map looks like BSJ expanded eastwards and apologies as Clos Fleuri is no where near inside of circuit - further east of BSJ
Old 2 Dec 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4135902)   #567
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've never seen such a mess as with the 24LM ticketing. Makes me very happy to be purchasing tickets for States side racing.

Why is it that things have to be so difficult over there. Seems to me that ticketing should be a pretty straightforward thing.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4135903)   #568
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ticketing is generally simple. When you play silly-B’s with what you’re going to sell and when you’re going to sell it, that’s when it gets complicated….
Old 2 Dec 2022, 21:09 (Ref:4135914)   #569
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Based on what I've read so far, it doesn't sound so straightforward to me.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 21:47 (Ref:4135916)   #570
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT240Z View Post
Based on what I've read so far, it doesn't sound so straightforward to me.
This year, no, it certainly isn’t. But that’s because the ACO have basically cast thousands of fans and their needs aside.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4135960)   #571
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominion View Post
Is Clos Fleuri not the football pitches near Beausejour?

What’s next, Camping Leroy Merlin Roof?
It is closer to Leroy Merlin than Beauséjour!!! so far from all
Old 3 Dec 2022, 12:37 (Ref:4135969)   #572
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Got this from 1st Tickets today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Tickets
Yesterday, the circuit officially announced some significant changes to the camping and parking areas at the circuit for the centenary event (click here for full information). These changes aim to improve the fan and village areas and reduce vehicle traffic within the circuit, but also have an impact on our ticket allocation.

As a result, the Bleu Nord, Bleu Sud and Expo areas will not be used for public camping and the Houx campsite is significantly reduced with the removal of non-numbered pitches. Parking areas are also impacted with the Bleu, Blanc and Vert parking (inside the circuit) being repurposed for the organisation (ACO), media and teams parking. being closed.

The circuit have added two extra campsites and are looking to add more new camping areas shortly. The Expo parking area is extended (using the camping area) and free parking will still be available slightly further away from the circuit.

Following these changes our revised ticket allocation is, unfortunately, less than expected and with significant gaps created by the campsite closures.

Before we can start taking bookings for new customers, we need a period of time to review our existing customer pre-orders. In many cases making changes to their allocated campsite. Once completed we will have a better understanding of what campsite spaces we have remaining for new customer bookings.

Therefore, we have to postpone the opening for new bookings until further notice.

Once we have a better understanding of our remaining camping allocation, we will then make our way through the event register offering any remaining tickets to new customers in date registered order. With over 2,000 pre-registrations this process is likely to take several weeks (most likely into mid-January 2023). We will do our utmost to contact you as quickly as we can, but please bear with us during this period.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused by the changes to camping and parking at the circuit.
I feel somewhat sorry for them, their business, like many is built on trust but when you get screwed by your supplier, it impacts everyone down the line.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 12:55 (Ref:4135970)   #573
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yeah, I feel for Brian and Lauren and co. It’s bad enough that loyal spectators knew nothing of the changes, it’s utterly outrageous that the agencies have been treated so badly.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4135971)   #574
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Full week tickets are back up again. Even I can see them this time…… And it’ll let me buy two at the members price even though I bought two a few weeks ago.
Old 3 Dec 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4135972)   #575
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Since I've put my own package together this year, I'll let them know, at least the reduces their efforts by one.