Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 9 Dec 2022, 10:31 (Ref:4136550)   #626
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
And, unforgivably, I neglected to include the passing of Jock Simpson a couple of years ago as also contributing substantially to the slowing down of Club Arnage. His Jox Jottings columns were always informed and anticipated.
I've only been to CA a handful of times over the last 15 years John. But I was a member way back when it was a scrolling text-based message board. Used to be pretty busy. I may even have been a member there before I joined Tenths, but not sure as I've been here for 21 years. It just seemed sad to me to go back there every couple of days and maybe find one new post, if that....
Old 9 Dec 2022, 10:32 (Ref:4136551)   #627
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
Steady on SA some of us only have GCSE Grade C in both English and/or French.

It's one heck of a word though, one you feel you just have to use the next time there's an opportunity.....
Old 9 Dec 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4136552)   #628
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like this one: l' embouteillage

Can be applied to wine or traffic.
Old 9 Dec 2022, 10:40 (Ref:4136553)   #629
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I like this one: l' embouteillage

Can be applied to wine or traffic.
Or the 'waiting room' for the ACO's billeterie.....
Old 9 Dec 2022, 11:27 (Ref:4136555)   #630
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Or the 'waiting room' for the ACO's billeterie.....
Old 9 Dec 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4136559)   #631
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
It's one heck of a word though, one you feel you just have to use the next time there's an opportunity.....
I've heard Murray Walker use it, so it must be good!
Old 14 Dec 2022, 14:26 (Ref:4137163)   #632
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
You have to love the ACO ....

"The 24 Hours of Le Mans ticketing service was a historical success and we thank you for that! Grandstands seating, car parks and campsites are now all fully booked!"

This is on an email just received from them
Old 14 Dec 2022, 14:29 (Ref:4137164)   #633
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/2...nnounced-56921

So the big centenary show is on the Saturday night during the race itself. Many (myself included) had assumed it was going to be on the Friday.

Quote:
And to celebrate the Centenary in fitting style, there will be a big parade at the circuit late in the afternoon, when the most famous cars to have competed in the 24 Hours of Le Mans will be back on track to thrill fans.
There will be a parade of cars on the Friday.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 14:42 (Ref:4137167)   #634
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
[IMG]

There will be a parade of cars on the Friday.
Er correction, a "big parade"
Old 14 Dec 2022, 15:42 (Ref:4137173)   #635
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I suspect the big concert will be on the friday, with a big act, rumour of coldplay. Disadvantage of being on TR is that we will hear it
Old 14 Dec 2022, 15:53 (Ref:4137175)   #636
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I suspect the big concert will be on the friday, with a big act, rumour of coldplay. Disadvantage of being on TR is that we will hear it
Seriously, Coldplay???

Daft Punk, please come out of early retirement just this once!
Old 15 Dec 2022, 20:40 (Ref:4137271)   #637
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If this has already been mentioned, forgive me..... In his interview with Hindy on MWM yesterday, Brian Sheehan of 1st Tickets said that his company has been given a special dispensation by the ACO to retain their private campsite in Bleu. Just in case anyone here has a booking with them for this. The full interview is here (from the 1 hour point).

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcas...t/id1332457899
Old 16 Dec 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4137296)   #638
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A slightly more cohesive overview of the camping situation and considerable restraint, in terms of any criticism of the ACO (don't bite the hand that feeds you ), but really, you couldn't make this stuff up (although it feels like this is exactly what the ACO appear to be doing).

It remains a crazy, crazy situation. What a mess the ACO have created.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4137302)   #639
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They are very helpful and are continuing to explore other options etc. One agent seems to have sold out and gone on holiday/disconnected phones.

Also in interview was that not all campsites open until Tuesday before the race - new ones and very far ones?

Hopefully, the contracts (medium term?) for most private sites go beyond 2024 so should remain (as would be expensive and time consuming for ACO to buy out them out and also change all the private site infrastructure sub-contracts too that they line up for the sites) and in terms of area they are not that big.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4137305)   #640
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post

Also in interview was that not all campsites open until Tuesday before the race - new ones and very far ones?
I find that annoying, they are putting all these events on starting with pesage in town on the Friday and then telling people they can't camp till Tuesday.
We have a pitch at Mulsanne and this year it was open from the Friday, but next year we have to wait till Tuesday. Fingers crossed they change their minds on that.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 09:55 (Ref:4137306)   #641
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I find that annoying, they are putting all these events on starting with pesage in town on the Friday and then telling people they can't camp till Tuesday.
We have a pitch at Mulsanne and this year it was open from the Friday, but next year we have to wait till Tuesday. Fingers crossed they change their minds on that.
agree, unloading and camping at BSJ and then packing all up and moving later is easy to say but a real pain especially as most people pack cars to bursting and then get food and drink etc etc
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:08 (Ref:4137310)   #642
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
You have to love the ACO ....

"The 24 Hours of Le Mans ticketing service was a historical success and we thank you for that! Grandstands seating, car parks and campsites are now all fully booked!"

This is on an email just received from them
Classic ACO!
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:11 (Ref:4137312)   #643
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
agree, unloading and camping at BSJ and then packing all up and moving later is easy to say but a real pain especially as most people pack cars to bursting and then get food and drink etc etc
I'm in BSJ and I'm staying now. Why bother moving?
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:16 (Ref:4137316)   #644
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Mulsanne particularly I don't get. I can only assume that they just don't want to have to staff it until Tuesday as there's really no other reason why it couldn't be open earlier?
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:28 (Ref:4137321)   #645
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The aco seem to be trying to save money on staff/facilities on the campsites away from the area's they thing will be busy. i have seen on other forums people are still trying to get sorted for thier premier camping sites but having no luck so far. I have now heard a few more managed to get TR camping, was beginning to fear we would be on a small area there with corporate hospitality taking the majority of the space.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4137322)   #646
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Found an early picture of Hippodrome campsite

https://www.thehenryford.org/collect...tifact/380643/

some more on the Leon Bollee link

knew about this as Wright's have connection to Kent - Sheppey where's there's a monument to Short Brothers and the home of Britsih aviation. Leon Bollee (whose cars and a piece of the factory are at the 24 Hours museum and invited the Wrights never recovered from a flying accident (did survive it unlike Charles Rolls).

Believe there's a monument at the Hipprodome for the flights- has anybody seen it?
Old 16 Dec 2022, 11:15 (Ref:4137325)   #647
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've been going to LM since 1986 but I've never been to the Hippodrome. No reason to really..... I was aware of the Wright flights though.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 13:18 (Ref:4137330)   #648
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Like you Andrew i knew it was somewhere but have never seen it
Old 16 Dec 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4137356)   #649
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not been to the Hippodrome for a few years, so things may have changed. There was a memorial to the first powered flight in Europe and the stone that was hoisted up and dropped to get the contraption airborne. They both show signs of wear and tear, this being almost 15 years ago.

Last edited by Samoan Attorney; 16 Dec 2022 at 16:36.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 16:35 (Ref:4137358)   #650
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also there was a memorial in the centre of the city, between the Cathedral of St. Julian and Place des Jacobins. It has a likeness of Orville Wright, though it was Wilbur who flew at Les Hunaudières.
Closed Thread