Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Dec 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1179985)   #1
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First official peek on the C6.R

On these press-images from the new Z06:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../c6z1copy1.jpg

http://www.structuredchaos.net/image...6%20sketch.jpg

Shouldn't take long before we can see some proper pics of it I think
Old 15 Dec 2004, 13:57 (Ref:1180037)   #2
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
From there, the car looks superb (in yellow) ! Is it me, or does it look like a Photoshop job ? It's my wallpaper now

Thanks for the links, Bramzel !

Last edited by Fab; 15 Dec 2004 at 14:00.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 14:15 (Ref:1180070)   #3
Racer

Antarctica
FL
2112 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very nice car. Seems like the pictures were taken in a secret dungeon though.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 14:24 (Ref:1180083)   #4
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Those are official GM photo's, and not photo shopped. They were leaked somehow, and GM is not particularly impressed, but hasn't done anything to stop the spread of them. These photo's have been floating around the internet for about a week now.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 15:14 (Ref:1180163)   #5
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2112
Very nice car. Seems like the pictures were taken in a secret dungeon though.
Yes that's where they keep the Cadillac LMP02.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 15:18 (Ref:1180177)   #6
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Im really looking forward to the scrap in GT1 this year ..... its getting to be a better class in the long run i think .....
Old 15 Dec 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1180232)   #7
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
its getting to be a better class in the long run i think .....
But we need the Saleen too on the grid this year... let's hope for more clearsightetness from ACO...

That'd make : Corvette, Ferrari, Aston Martin, Saleen... something else ?
Old 15 Dec 2004, 16:25 (Ref:1180256)   #8
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
But we need the Saleen too on the grid this year... let's hope for more clearsightetness from ACO...

Maybe the MurciƩlago (they need a lot of work to catch up to even stand a chance for sure)?

Last edited by TerryC; 15 Dec 2004 at 16:26.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 16:30 (Ref:1180261)   #9
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryC
Maybe the MurciƩlago (they need a lot of work to catch up to even stand a chance for sure)?
The car is almost condamned, IMHO, regarding its performances... except a miracle... and don't take me wrong on this, I love the car.

Not talking about the Pagani... too bad, the sound was great
Old 15 Dec 2004, 16:41 (Ref:1180267)   #10
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab

Maserati. Theres a article on www.dailysportscar.com today reporting that there WILL be a ACO spec MC12 in time for the 2005 season, whether the car will be ready for Sebring however isnt sure, but the car will defintly be ready for the Le Mans test day. Lets hope Maserati can get the car up and running in time for Sebring, therefore surley securing a entry at LM!
Old 15 Dec 2004, 16:46 (Ref:1180273)   #11
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Maserati. Theres a article on www.dailysportscar.com today reporting that there WILL be a ACO spec MC12 in time for the 2005 season, whether the car will be ready for Sebring however isnt sure, but the car will defintly be ready for the Le Mans test day. Lets hope Maserati can get the car up and running in time for Sebring, therefore surley securing a entry at LM!
OK. But will they get an entry ?
Old 15 Dec 2004, 16:51 (Ref:1180280)   #12
TerryC
Racer

United Nations
Shakespeare's County
TerryC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I do feel the same way about the car. Almost like a premature death in a sense. I wonder what other cars are also "suitable" in the GT1 class of the future? Let me think,

* Porsche Carrera GT (in a few years maybe?)
Old 15 Dec 2004, 17:08 (Ref:1180298)   #13
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
As the number of quality LMP2 and GT1 cars available for LM grows, one begins to wonder exactly how they are going to decide who gets to go, and who doesn't. Once again we are going to be disappointed with the list of cars left off the list.

I might have mentioned this before, but bring back Prequalifying.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 18:22 (Ref:1180374)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Once again we are going to be disappointed with the list of cars left off the list.

I fear that is virtually inevitable.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 19:43 (Ref:1180465)   #15
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
I fear that is virtually inevitable.

much like the inevitability that invited along will be some unknown team with no car, no budget, no drivers, but the worlds greatest marketing and p.r. officer...
Old 15 Dec 2004, 19:50 (Ref:1180471)   #16
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
OK. But will they get an entry ?
If they dont it will just show the world how small minded the ACO are. They would be cutting off their noses in spite of their faces. Imagine, 2 BMS Ferrari 550's, 1 Labre Ferrari 550, 2 factory Corvette C5R's, 1 ACEMCO Saleen, 1 Vitaphone Saleen, 2 factory Aston Martins, 2 Reiter Lambourgini's and 2 AF Corse Maserati's, that would make 11 entries for GT1, 1 higher than last year, if the ACO close the door to Maserati, who will they have instead? Not a team as high a quality as the AF Corse Maserati team thats for sure. Maserati are bending over backwards to please the ACO, the least they deserve is a entry, as Ive said before when they designed the MC12 orignally the car would have been legal. Why would Maserati build a car delibrtly knowing it would be outside the rules?

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 15 Dec 2004 at 19:52.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 20:31 (Ref:1180504)   #17
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Maserati are bending over backwards to please the ACO, the least they deserve is a entry, as Ive said before when they designed the MC12 orignally the car would have been legal. Why would Maserati build a car delibrtly knowing it would be outside the rules?
I don't know, having just yesterday read the first part of the C5-R story on dailysportscar, I'd say that Corvette went after their homologation the right way, and that Maserati got caught out by not doing their homework, and ever since they started their press release war, they've dug themselves a hole that the ACO chooses not to help them out of.

How many times did Corvette have to (re)build the car before the ACO accepted it?

I think that the mindset has to be that, when dealing with the ACO, unless the car is explicitly inside the rules, then it's outside. Don't build and announce until you've got the acceptance in hand.

And, looking at your list of who's going to be in the GT1 list, who's hurt more by Maserati not being there? The race or Maserati?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 15 Dec 2004, 20:44 (Ref:1180515)   #18
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
me ........

Ciao Marco
Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:41 (Ref:1180571)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
And, looking at your list of who's going to be in the GT1 list, who's hurt more by Maserati not being there? The race or Maserati?
The race is, because it will be missing 1 of the 2 manufacturers able to mount a realistic challenge to Corvette, sure the teams I mentioned are all the best in the world, and will do a great job, but does anyone here actually BELEIVE Saleen's and BMS Ferrari 550s will mount a sustained challenge to Corvette over 24hrs? The only car that MIGHT have a chance other than Maserati is the Aston, and thats all dependent on how much speed Prodrive can find from the car. Maserati at least would be up there racing alongside Corvette, if not ahead.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:45 (Ref:1180577)   #20
Rich R
Veteran

United Kingdom
dudley uk
Rich R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i could see bms providing corvette with a bigger scare than they may anticipate. i'm not saying they could beat them, but i think they could be close, they ran alright at spa this year.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 21:51 (Ref:1180584)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Until thre #1 car had problems u mean. Yeah sure the car will be fast, but it wont have 3 top line International drivers I dont expect. Bobbi will more than likely moving to Maserati too, and remember it was the 2nd BMS car that won the race, and with respect to them it was a mainly gentleman/amatuer driving line up in that car. Le Mans GT1/GTS class for time being is a slightly higher level than Spa 24hrs IMO, its changing though, albeit slowly, Spa 24hrs is a new GT race but its gaining stature. BMS will be close, but IMO a couple of laps behind the Vettes at the end of 24hrs at best.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 23:05 (Ref:1180625)   #22
gi_gav
Veteran

Scotland
gi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgi_gav should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes, whatever happened to Clandesteam Spinnaker...?

(oops, that related to kdr's post at the end of page 1...)

Last edited by gi_gav; 15 Dec 2004 at 23:13.
Old 15 Dec 2004, 23:26 (Ref:1180633)   #23
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Until thre #1 car had problems u mean. Yeah sure the car will be fast, but it wont have 3 top line International drivers I dont expect. Bobbi will more than likely moving to Maserati too, and remember it was the 2nd BMS car that won the race, and with respect to them it was a mainly gentleman/amatuer driving line up in that car. Le Mans GT1/GTS class for time being is a slightly higher level than Spa 24hrs IMO, its changing though, albeit slowly, Spa 24hrs is a new GT race but its gaining stature. BMS will be close, but IMO a couple of laps behind the Vettes at the end of 24hrs at best.
I think BMS will have a pretty strong lineup when they enter LeMans, they'll want to go for full victory so I wouldn't be surprised if the car will be driven with the fast boys like Biagi, Gollin and Bobbi. If those are available that is.
Old 16 Dec 2004, 00:00 (Ref:1180655)   #24
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this car rocks, i hope it goes as well as it looks
Old 16 Dec 2004, 00:01 (Ref:1180656)   #25
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Bobbi is likely to be at AF Corse Maserati for 2005 if the rumors are to be beleived as has been published on the interent recently. Biagi is a good driver yes, but hes not top class IMO, Bobbi was always the faster of the pair in 2003. Gollin is quick Ill grant u, but as fast as Gavin/Magnussen/Beretta? I dont think so. BMS will have 1, maybe 2 drivers who are fast enough to get near ish the Corvettes IMO, but 3 drivers? I guess we will just have to wait and see but ill put my money on the big budget Maserati and Corvette teams having a far superior driving line up.