Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 Nov 2007, 16:42 (Ref:2068182)   #1
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans 2007 memorabilia?

Someone on another forum has asked where he might get ahold of the 55 invitees poster that Le Maine Libre did for the race, and it got me thinking about the stuff I managed to cart home with me...

I have one of those posters, as well as the one that had pics of all the winners, and a couple of posters of the Peugeot that they were handing out. I also grabbed some 1/60 (or thereabouts, maybe 1/64) Champion R8s, which have both been heavily abused by my son and daughter (that's what they were meant for, anyway). I'm awaiting the book / program / results / DVD package, now...

What stuff did you cart away? ... and does anyone have a source for those posters I mentioned above?
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 16 Nov 2007, 14:02 (Ref:2068885)   #2
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A bronze medallion in a very nice presentation box commemorating the 75th running of the 24... every commissaire got one at sign-on.

keke
Old 17 Nov 2007, 10:58 (Ref:2069462)   #3
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i wanted to go just so i could get a lizards tee...
Old 17 Nov 2007, 11:29 (Ref:2069484)   #4
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
i wanted to go just so i could get a lizards tee...
Funny you should say that. I also wanted one and instead of buying it when I had the opportunity, decided to go back later, by which time they had sold out of my size. Gutted!
Old 17 Nov 2007, 11:52 (Ref:2069491)   #5
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Funny you should say that. I also wanted one and instead of buying it when I had the opportunity, decided to go back later, by which time they had sold out of my size. Gutted!
school boy error
Old 17 Nov 2007, 12:54 (Ref:2069532)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
school boy error
Sort of, couldn't decide whether to buy black or white.........in short, I dithered!
Old 17 Nov 2007, 15:26 (Ref:2069583)   #7
Paddy_NL
Racer

Netherlands
Rotterdam, NL
Paddy_NL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Me was stupid too. Always buy a shirt for my son, but all kids size were sold out by Sunday morning

For myself, we always make our own shirt. As for 'official' memorabilia, I always keep my entrance ticket. Good enough for me
Old 18 Nov 2007, 13:54 (Ref:2070173)   #8
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I missed out too, so I bought one at the Detroit ALMS race instead, plus got a (different) free one as well, so it all worked out for the best!
Old 18 Nov 2007, 17:05 (Ref:2070264)   #9
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Which Lizard tees are you guys talking about? The coolweave ones (v-neck) or the actual tee shirts with the Le Mans number on them?

keke
Old 18 Nov 2007, 17:06 (Ref:2070265)   #10
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerkeke
Which Lizard tees are you guys talking about? The coolweave ones (v-neck) or the actual tee shirts with the Le Mans number on them?

keke
the ones with the le mans livery and the swirls etc.
Old 18 Nov 2007, 18:41 (Ref:2070325)   #11
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I got an ACO LM T-shirt (they had some really neat designs), a 908 t shirt and a Lizards cap although I lost the Lizards cap in the spectator area at Porsche Curves on Saturday night!
Old 18 Nov 2007, 20:26 (Ref:2070385)   #12
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pug 908, by ixo - Sold it three days later for £80
Old 19 Nov 2007, 01:04 (Ref:2070504)   #13
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Ah, a man after my own heart... My car still has the Spa 24 Hours Camping ticket in the windscreen...
Dunno where the hat's gone though, even if it was only 5 Euro.
Old 19 Nov 2007, 16:28 (Ref:2070956)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh, yeah, forgot about the free Lizards sticker... Still haven't picked a place to put it yet.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Nov 2007, 23:07 (Ref:2071275)   #15
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Oh, yeah, forgot about the free Lizards sticker... Still haven't picked a place to put it yet.
Laptop has all my various stickers, from Aston DBR9 to FIA GT to Topman (yes, topman) and Bench and stuff. Just brightens it up!
Old 8 Dec 2007, 15:13 (Ref:2084363)   #16
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but I received the 2007 Official LeMans 24 recap DVD. It's got the usual repetitive stuff but isn't too bad. The special features has the first lap of the race from the lead Audi and from the 2nd Puegeot. From both videos you get a clear view of Bordais' mistake. It's kind of a nice feature. The rest of the special feature is just an interview with the winning Audi team. All-in-all its ok.

DK