Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 18 Jun 2001, 17:30 (Ref:106503)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Le Mans 2002

Okay, after chatting with everyone who was at Le Mans with our group, we've all decided that a return trip in 2002 is in order. This time we'll hopefully have better weather, definately will have grandstand seats, and maybe we might even be a bit more organised and take everything we need...!

Anyway, what i'm looking for is a show of hands here in order that we (by we, hopefully read Liz (she does it so well...!)) can put together a package which sees everyone camping together, and hopefully a discounted rate for booking in bulk.

Prices are excellent value, this has got to be the best value motor race you can attend, and we'd only need a deposit initially to secure you place. The balance is due March/April next year.

The date of the race itself is Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th June, but we're likely to make a week out of it and head down earlier in the week.

So, come on folks, get yourself down to the best motor race in the world... no excuses for missing it
Old 18 Jun 2001, 18:57 (Ref:106549)   #2
Lee Purnell
Veteran

England
Bristol, England.
Lee Purnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know, let me think about it a bit

:confused:

GOD DAMN IT, YOU JUST TRY AND KEEP ME AWAY!!!!!!
It was the best thing EVER, and we were so lucky with the weather!!!

Definatly go, anyone who is thinking about it, just go.
I will definatly be there
Old 18 Jun 2001, 22:54 (Ref:106642)   #3
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I AM GOING!!!

BUT!!! I don't know if I can make it if the trip leaves early - I have my final work experience/school practice immediately before...
Old 18 Jun 2001, 23:03 (Ref:106647)   #4
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Early days yet, but if the Bentleys are there, then Tim shall be also.

Better not count me in any show of hands though - don't know who I might be dragging along, and so I shall probably make my own arrangements.

I'll try to meet up with more people in 2002...!
Old 19 Jun 2001, 00:51 (Ref:106695)   #5
SPOONERBORO
Veteran

United Kingdom
UK
SPOONERBORO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i let you know tuesday for definate im going to get the week off if thats possible!! now i know the dates!!
Old 19 Jun 2001, 00:56 (Ref:106698)   #6
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Naturally I will be glad to help organize if called upon - it's fun for me and I'm sure we can get a discount if we get 10+ campers. The space we had in two campsites was more than adequate for our five tents and picnic table, and we could have put in a Gazebo (and we could have used one!) as well. If we get enough people to have three pitches together, we can have a village. Note to everyone: BRING FLAG POLES. Besides certain people who shall remain "The Boys" forgetting that man does not live by beer alone and having to go back to the carriefours to remedy the oversight we were a remarkably organized group.

Incidentally, I heartily recommend the Pitwalk tickets - although they are pricey (more than the cost of our camping package!) they really made the weekend for us, as they give access not only to the pits and paddocks, but also to the grandstand directly above the pits which is a wonderful place to watch the race at night! Some of my best photos will be from there.

Thanks to everyone who made the weekend a success, and special thanks to Sarah, who was heroic as a driver and came up with some of the funniest lines of the weekend as we were sitting in front of the train station in Dover at 3:30 a.m. waiting for it to open ... and who had a camping outfit that was prepared for anything and everything.

P.S. to Sarah if you find my Swiss Army Knife in your car ... let me know, eh?
Old 19 Jun 2001, 11:55 (Ref:106834)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
ME ME ME.

At least if I'm in the country or somewhere near it.
Old 19 Jun 2001, 19:07 (Ref:106980)   #8
David McManus
Racer

David McManus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If my job application is successful, I'll start saving instantly
Old 19 Jun 2001, 19:50 (Ref:107006)   #9
Sarah
Rookie

Sarah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am going and I hope we will be as lucky with the weather next year as we were this year!!!

P.S. Liz I have got your Swiss army knife.
Old 19 Jun 2001, 20:01 (Ref:107020)   #10
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be there.. not sure how the trip will be made though.

Not going to the cricket tour to Torquay next year like lat weekend(I'm sure the Hawain Tropic girls wear more than the average 18 year old female clubber down in Torquay mind you).

Well that's besides the point. MG will be there or there abouts and Bentley may well win.

Midget on it's longest trip perhaps..
Old 20 Jun 2001, 11:00 (Ref:107286)   #11
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll put my hand up as a maybe. Money as usual will be the barrier.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 11:40 (Ref:107310)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get yourself to England and we'll find a way to get you there, Elphino!

When we're ready to start making serious plans, people, contact me and let me know if you want to go with our group and I'll see if I can get us a better price as a group. 50 British Pounds earnest money will hold your slot.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 20:07 (Ref:107548)   #13
Daz
Racer

Daz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fingers crossed I'll be there with you all, wouldn't miss it for anything. When will you need a deposit by and what will be the transportation plans to get there and back?

Sounds like great fun and a good reason for a right party.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 02:31 (Ref:107666)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Sarah
P.S. Liz I have got your Swiss army knife.
*Sigh*. I've always taken comfort from the fact that the Swiss army marches with a corkscrew.
Old 21 Jun 2001, 18:22 (Ref:107989)   #15
Liz
Veteran

Alas, my Swiss Army Corkscrew came to a sticky end as my cousin Linda attempted to use it to eviscerate a bottle of Aussie wine which fought back and eventually won.

My portable corkscrew is in fact a corksqueeze.

P.S. "What I Did At Le Mans" to follow shortly. When the newsletter is done.
Old 22 Jun 2001, 11:58 (Ref:108226)   #16
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Liz, it's the getting to England bit that the problem is. That's what costs a huge chunk of money.

Now...anyone know any airline pilots?
Old 23 Jun 2001, 00:21 (Ref:108453)   #17
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
You want me to put in a good word with Mr. Stoddart???
Old 23 Jun 2001, 02:08 (Ref:108488)   #18
Liz
Veteran

Deposits due in January, full payment in April. Transport will probably be personal cars, but we are talking about motor homes and minivans too. All depends on how many we have signed up!
Old 23 Jun 2001, 10:38 (Ref:108562)   #19
elephino
Veteran

Ooh, yes please Minardi Fan. You would obviously have a lot of influence there
Old 23 Jun 2001, 20:20 (Ref:108731)   #20
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hasn't Bella got a pilots licence?
What we need are some MPVs to carry loads of ppl....they are of course the fastest vehicles in the world, as we discovered on the way back last weekend.
Old 23 Jun 2001, 23:53 (Ref:108874)   #21
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Invader
Hasn't Bella got a pilots licence?
It's just the way she drives, 'Vader.
Old 24 Jun 2001, 00:06 (Ref:108882)   #22
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent

Oh man she's gonna kill me for laughing at that...
Old 24 Jun 2001, 15:26 (Ref:109091)   #23
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly out of character, I know but i was being serious
Old 2 Jul 2001, 16:54 (Ref:112145)   #24
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
MPV's ? Yep, I agree... a camper van to base ourselves out of, a couple of mini buses and a load of fun!
Old 16 Jul 2001, 09:38 (Ref:117642)   #25
BIGOLLY
Rookie

BIGOLLY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will try and join you all this year, As a newish Motor Racing Fan I did not go this year but next year i hope to have some good knowladge under my belt.
I thourght about hiring a Big GRAND VOYERGER which comes with a 3.5 litre V8 and 3 TV's.

It could be fun

Last edited by BIGOLLY; 16 Jul 2001 at 09:39.