Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 1 Aug 2004, 17:18 (Ref:1053395)   #76
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I know the ones you mean BN.

(Pikey was robbed of a certain win, Pikey the Schumacher of NWFF, Pikey set the fastest lap despite missing the Knicker Brook Chicane...)

Tee Hee

Last edited by kartingdad; 1 Aug 2004 at 17:19.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 17:27 (Ref:1053399)   #77
blue nose
Veteran

blue nose should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
KD are you drunk again its only 6.20pm LOL I dont need to miss chicanes plus how can any one be robbed if Steve wins he earns them.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 18:24 (Ref:1053423)   #78
blue nose
Veteran

It was good to see Matt and Justin at Oulton yesterday but a shame they forgot to bring there cars with them...Thanks for the decals Matt.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 19:10 (Ref:1053451)   #79
dhart
Racer

dhart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by diz
Just a thought here, not a decision.

Run all Championship rounds to a Qualifying Race and Final format. Two full Formula Ford grids at every round. Score points towards your Class Championship on the finishing results of whichever race you were in on that day.
e.g.
The Final is the top 20 in qualifying and the full grid for the final is made up by the first however many finishers from the qualifier. If six from one class make the final, they get points for 1st to 6th in their class points. All others from that class who don't get through from the qualifier get points for 7th to 10th [or however far down the points go]
If any of the six in the final [say two of them] fail to finish, points are only awarded for P1, P2, P3 + P4. The 1st class finisher in the qualifier still only gets points for 7th etc. In this example, points for P5 + P6 are not awarded at that round. An option would be for the first qualifying race class finisher to get points for P5 etc. Bleating from the Final race non finishers that this isn't fair that they get no points and drivers from the qualifying race do would not be tolerated. Finishing means points, non finishing doesn't. End of story.

As I say, it is just an idea. You wouldn't always get all the quick drivers in the Final and all the slower ones in the Qualifier. It wouldn't matter what age class of car they race. Some would be in one race one meeting and the other the next, or vice versa. Class points would still be available to finishers.
Using the current class age splits, there wouldn't be a Pre87 race - or Pre90 race, or whatever in future. There would be two Formula Ford races necessitated by entry levels. If driver support wanes - as it does in all Formulae on occasion, but then recovers - there would be occasions where the qualifier / final scenario isn't needed as all entries could be accomodated on one grid.

Discuss
screw the one or two individuals against this ..... they are too slow to have an opinion........just do it, yesterdays racing was fantastic

Last edited by dhart; 1 Aug 2004 at 19:11.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 19:20 (Ref:1053461)   #80
blue nose
Veteran

I agrea as lots of people have said it was the best race day they have been to for some time.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 19:27 (Ref:1053464)   #81
Werewolf
Racer

Werewolf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thought yesterday was great.i may be slow but im having a great time.think Diz should get pat on the back as everyone who i spoke to said they had enjoyed themselves.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 20:12 (Ref:1053493)   #82
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
jminsh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dhart
screw the one or two individuals against this ..... they are too slow to have an opinion........just do it, yesterdays racing was fantastic
Here here Dave i had i whale of a time yesturday even if i did qualify like a to55er and end up in hospital i thought the racing was brill.
Old 1 Aug 2004, 20:14 (Ref:1053495)   #83
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
Quote:
Originally posted by kartingdad
Off racing for 3 months!

Listen Jase, don't worry, we'll have a whip round and get the car fixed in time for Anglesey!
I havn't seen the wreckage yet but Georgie reckons a plaster on its nose will do so it can't be to bad !!!!!
Old 1 Aug 2004, 22:50 (Ref:1053599)   #84
swift
Racer

swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by blue nose
Dave how long do we have to wait for the proper race report from yesterday.
With any luck, I'll start work on my next masterpiece tomorrow night, so Diz should have it by Tues/ Weds hopefully
Old 1 Aug 2004, 23:09 (Ref:1053605)   #85
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now i would like to conduct a little survey. I note that it is now past 12.00 and quite a number of the regular posters are on here. Myself , Mr Jinxx and my namesake Sidsideways (both good friends of mine) have been accused by our wives and girlfriends of being sad *******s for spending so much time on here. Is it just us or a common reaction from our nearest and dearests.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 00:09 (Ref:1053634)   #86
Walshy
Veteran

England
Lancashire
Walshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Totally agree Dave.

I didn't race yesterday, but from a spectators point of view, it was an awesome sight seeing a full pack of 30 cars coming through Old Hall. It makes you realise why you love Formula Fords so much and we had a couple of lads with us who had never been before and they were absolutely gopsmacked with what they saw. They'll be back.

My brother was with me and he has been starved of good motorsport for some time now as he is stuck up in Scotland. He thought it was brilliant.

Great idea Diz. Sometimes you'll get one race, sometimes two. Those at the sharp end fighting for a championship will be happy to race just the once as there goal is to qualify the best they can and lead from the front. Those on the bubble (midfield) would relish two races as it is track time to develop and improve your driving.

Two completely full grids. Great.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 07:46 (Ref:1053737)   #87
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by halecmini
also wanted to say well done to the 'chap'in the green car, 'excuse me ignorance here'... in the ff race might of been the post 87, who went from 2 to last with a 10sec penalty and back to second again, or something like that....was a very impressive drive!!!! well done mate!!
He even managed to have a "Moment" at Old Hall too, when he and Barry Thompson(?) touched - leaving Thompson stranded in the middle of the track with wheels akimbo!
This was definately a "Red Flag" and I was on the phone to race control telling them as much, when all of a sudden, about 10 marshals came from hiding and virtually lifted the car up at the front end and dragged it to a place of (Relative) safety!
Old 2 Aug 2004, 07:58 (Ref:1053746)   #88
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to add, from a personal point of view that Saturdays meeting was superb.
When I was allocated Old Hall as Observer and it was wet in the morning and there were 30+ grids of FF's, I thought I would be a little busy.

You guys were so well behaved and the sight of so many cars coming towards us as the red lights went out was fantastic!
DIZ - great show - well done!
JMINSH - Glad you're OK - didn't see you wallop the concrete but saw Phil's car stuff into armco.
Also, the Clerk was S**t Hot too - the reds had been called and the medics had been scrambled before you came to a stop!
Lousy ending to a great days motorsport fella's.
This just HAS to be an annual event!

Last edited by Mark Mitchell; 2 Aug 2004 at 07:59.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 08:34 (Ref:1053767)   #89
StephenRae
Veteran

Wales
North West
StephenRae should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am really pleased and relieved that you are OK Jason and that Phil was not hurt.
The Marshalls at the post after Lodge did an excellent job, the reds weren't yet out when I got there but they managed to convey the seriousness of the incident to us. There was debris all over the track so it could have been worse.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 09:49 (Ref:1053842)   #90
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad your OK Jase! Let me know if you want me to drive the Merlyn @ Combe!

Apart from the obvious - it was a great day; weather, racing and hospitality were all superb. It was also good to put a few names to faces!

Thanks to Diz and everyone else for a warm welcome, I will be back..............
Old 2 Aug 2004, 09:51 (Ref:1053845)   #91
blue nose
Veteran

Well dont forget your car next time then.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 09:56 (Ref:1053850)   #92
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
they are too slow to have an opinion
Quote:
Originally posted by dhart (in FF1600 weight limit thread)
oh sorry im not registered with Brscc so dont have an opinion....pardon me and sorry!
Hmmm. Consistency? LOL.

PS. Why don't you enter your Crossle at Mallory this weekend?
Old 2 Aug 2004, 13:40 (Ref:1054097)   #93
DALY
Racer

DALY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
CLASS B at Mallory needs more entries (pre 87). It is not a BRSCC race.
Old 2 Aug 2004, 14:21 (Ref:1054145)   #94
dhart
Racer

dhart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by JohnMiller
Hmmm. Consistency? LOL.

PS. Why don't you enter your Crossle at Mallory this weekend?
Too slow! (Plus i am going to a 3 day festival of gay weddings with RR77, when i get back from seeing a client in Rangoon) LOL
Old 5 Aug 2004, 13:15 (Ref:1057030)   #95
jminsh
Veteran

England
Not far from Oulton Park
As i was couldn't make it to the prize giving who got the drive of the day in the post 86 race, i'm guessing it had to be Chiz in the pre 87 race?
Old 5 Aug 2004, 15:35 (Ref:1057129)   #96
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glad your well enough to be online Jason.

Sorry to hear about your accident.
Old 5 Aug 2004, 15:46 (Ref:1057143)   #97
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Too slow! (Plus i am going to a 3 day festival of gay weddings with RR77, when i get back from seeing a client in Rangoon) LOL
Very LOL.
Old 5 Aug 2004, 16:09 (Ref:1057172)   #98
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by jminsh
As i was couldn't make it to the prize giving who got the drive of the day in the post 86 race, i'm guessing it had to be Chiz in the pre 87 race?
That makes very little sense. Perhaps you've had a bang on the head
I think I have worked out what you mean.
Chisnall in Pre87 and Pikey for keeping Roberts honest in Post86

Just read it again before submitting, and it does make sense now. Doh, my head hurts - but probably not as much as yours
Old 9 Aug 2004, 06:32 (Ref:1060683)   #99
Comtec Renault
Racer

Comtec Renault should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Clerk was Ray Summner I think, he is very good and Fair and a nice chap, he looks after the Renaults in Toca and he used to do the FFord Zetecs as well so he knows all about big shunts after last year with (D.Clarke) I must say the FF1600 race I saw was bluddy good, the boy in the Yellow car and Blue Nose were at it like in the old days, sombody needs to tell them you just go round and round now and never try and pass as thats just asking for a shunt look at Jason M .
Old 10 Aug 2004, 14:40 (Ref:1062225)   #100
blue nose
Veteran

Swift I have just finished reading your race reports well done mate.

Comtec why not come and play out with us next year as I know you liked the hike up here.