Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 6 May 2001, 02:43 (Ref:89538)   #26
Sonatrap
Racer

Sonatrap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I´d love to get my hands on a 65 chevrolet El Camino...They are an acquired taste I suppose because they don´t seem to fetch that much on the market ... but it´s finding one that is difficult.Last week I saw one for the first time in ages but I couldn´t catch it for long enough to make an offer...that´s why I want one...they´re daft too!
Old 6 May 2001, 05:11 (Ref:89559)   #27
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally posted by Ray Bell
Presently I have a fleet of Peugeot 504 station wagons (or Familiales) and no thoughts of replacing anything... too handy, not enough money, and I've got a stack of spares. While I have the spares nothing will break, of course....

But I want to progressively outfit them all with five speed gearboxes (anyone got a BA7-5 box going cheap... any conditon?) and Kugelfischer injected engines, though one may be converted to a mini-camper and to run on LPG.

I also have a Jolus, more or less a Lotus 7 made out of Peugeot 203 bits... which has never been finished, though it was started (and driven) in 1963.

If the money was there, I would only get one other car... the 504 Coupe.
Ray, I know where you can get a good 505 GT in good condition. I used to own both 504 and 505, and the handling of the 505 is really just fantastic. The GT has a 5 speed shift. Let me know, because the guy wants to sell his car soon.
Old 6 May 2001, 05:20 (Ref:89560)   #28
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
My next car will be the Volvo S60 T5. For those who have alredy turned their noses up, go to the Volvo site, and check the specs. Of course, if they import the S60 with the R engine, tehn I'd go for that instead. And I would remove the badges from the rear, and replace it with the S40 badge. Then when some poor schmuck in a falcon or Holden pulls alongside and sneers at me when the lights change, hahahahaha
Old 6 May 2001, 23:05 (Ref:89789)   #29
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My next car should be along very shortly! I will be looking for a VS V8 Commodore, dont mind what colour, as long as its not dark blue!

I cant wait!
Old 7 May 2001, 09:25 (Ref:89853)   #30
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Hey Diabando, have you checked out that Holden Van for Surfers? You know, the shaggers van!! It is just fantastic. If I was young, I would rob banks just to get one of those. It even has a TV and Video.
Old 9 May 2001, 14:21 (Ref:90692)   #31
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am planning on getting a Mini shortly, and putting some Minardi and Sauber related designs on it - perhaps a M1NARD1 or K1M1 number plate... tee hee...
Old 22 May 2001, 15:25 (Ref:95199)   #32
Paul V
Racer

Paul V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by TimD
I have to say, I am sorely tempted to try Italian machinery again. The words Alfa Romeo are nagging at me, and I'm wondering if my next car choice shouldn't be an Alfa Romeo 164, before they all become a little too old to be trustworthy daily drivers.

Alternatively, a coupe Alfa GTV6 might be rather fun.

A 164 is a great car, the value for money is stonkingly good too. Get a post 1993 version as they are an improvement over the older versions.
I have had mine (24v Auto) for over 3 years and have done 70,000 miles (now on 137k). The 2 litre is pretty good too if the fuel costs are a factor.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hans.ca
I to would love an Alfa. Do they still come with a factory installed oil leak in the engine??????

I haven't had to top up the oil between services (every 12,000)recently, there are no drips on my drive either.

Back on topic, my next car would be a Mazda RX-7 Series 3, however practicalities mean our new FIAT Multipla is now nearing delivery (better for those race days at Combe as well).
Old 23 May 2001, 11:41 (Ref:95507)   #33
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No drips on the drive? You're out of oil
Old 24 May 2001, 20:45 (Ref:96191)   #34
Chris Gamlin
Rookie

Chris Gamlin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ross
my next motor will do 0-60 in less than 3 seconds and have a top speed of 180mph!!! And cost less than £10'000otr rock on!!!
So you'll be getting a Hayabusa / Yamaha R1 then Ross? Notice you didn't say next "car", so assuming a bike

Chris

Last edited by Chris Gamlin; 24 May 2001 at 20:47.
Old 13 Jun 2001, 08:31 (Ref:104670)   #35
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My Ford Falcon station wagon is almost 12 months old, so it will be 3-4 years before I replace it, but at this stage I'm very much inclined to go for more of the same, there is no other car on the market which is suitable for me.

My Dad has an AU XR6 VCT and he absolutely loves it. It is Galaxy blue, a beautiful dark blue metallic colour.
Old 18 Jun 2001, 06:36 (Ref:106345)   #36
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm looking at something around the (Aus) 30K mark. At the moment I'm looking to be heading down to my nearest Peugeot or Renault dealer for a squiz at the 206GTi or Clio Sport. I'm thinking about a reasonably new model as well. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Oh, I'm looking for bang for my buck. Practicality isn't that important.
Old 20 Jun 2001, 10:20 (Ref:107265)   #37
elephino
Veteran

elephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridelephino should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well if you don't care about practicality then go for the 206 or Clio. If you do want practicality then you'll want to buy a...um...er...

I've been thinking about this as well, as I want to replace my car in about 10-12 months time with a similar price range. Without a Pulsar SSS at the moment, though it is possible early next year (I'm going to email Nissan tonight), the Laser SR2 being a waste of space in my opinion, the Astina SP20 slightly better despite being virtually identical to the Ford. It helps that it has a cross brace in the engine bay. The Astra SRi, denied by Holden for some reason, is a possibility but not until October at the earliest. The Alfa 147 is high on my list, but I don't know costing yet, but it will be out by the end of the year here. Which leaves the 206, which has too small a footwell for me, and the Clio which is personally too small for the money as I do need at least a little bit of practicality.

That covers anything decent.

You could always get a 4 cylinder Camry