Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Aug 2008, 18:26 (Ref:2267988)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tour Britannia, 1-4, September, 2008

About time we started on this one, I think, as it isn't that far ahead.

Who is going as competitor or hoping to view it at some stage as a spectator.
I'm hoping to be at Snetterton and Hethel on Tuesday, 2nd and (maybe) Mallory and Silverstone the following day.

Full details here:- www.tourbritannia.com
Old 12 Aug 2008, 18:29 (Ref:2267990)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Blimey! Is it back again? Can't make any of the stages but good luck to all who enter.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 20:56 (Ref:2268070)   #3
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Entry is not up to date as at least three are non starters.
I hope it goes well but it will be ahard slog for Fred and Alec
Old 12 Aug 2008, 21:18 (Ref:2268081)   #4
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went last year to Brooklands as a spectator, complete waste of time, nobody knew what was happening and that included the marshals!
This is a driver event and should carry a warning to spectators not to bother attending.
Old 12 Aug 2008, 21:28 (Ref:2268093)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree that it is primarily a driver event and any spectator needs to take that into account. However, I was a spectator last year, got close to the cars and was able to watch them at both at Donington and Mallory. If you like the range of classic cars that appear at this event, it is well worth getting to one of the circuits to view them for a couple of hours.
Old 13 Aug 2008, 05:38 (Ref:2268238)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Brooklands was not a reasonable example of what was to be seen on Tour as the Mercedes people (security)did not act with and sense.Both organisers and Drivers were screwed about.The Track races last year were superb.Numbers the problem this year
Old 14 Aug 2008, 18:01 (Ref:2269158)   #7
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
thebullet has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
There are really quite a few entries this year, I love going to Combe Abbey at the end of each day when all the drivers return to the scrutineering bay for the night. I think it is fantastic. I am really looking forward to this one.
Old 15 Aug 2008, 23:57 (Ref:2269890)   #8
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
JR, I remember Donington with erm, 'interest' too... Not just for it being where I first met Mr John Ruston, and Mr John Turner!

I feel a few organisational wrinkles will be ironed out, and we will have an event to really enjoy.

I should be out on TB this year, all things being equal. Look forward to seeing you again. I think!
Old 18 Aug 2008, 15:05 (Ref:2270997)   #9
Pistonbroke
Racer

Wales
Shropshire
Pistonbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've marshalled the stage at Loton Park for the last few years, but as they're not gracing us with their presence this year I might take the wife & go and have a look at them at Chumley Castle, if the weather's decent. Don't do wet & cold when off duty
Old 27 Aug 2008, 19:56 (Ref:2276504)   #10
Upside Down Bug
Veteran

England
Kent
Upside Down Bug should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi

Well from a marshal's perspective I just love this event. In the first year I just marshalled at one circuit, and have gradually increased. This year I am marshalling at all the circuits, along with Duxford on Monday, Bruntingthorpe on Tuesday afternoon (if my camper can get from Snet to Brunt in time) and then the final control on Thursday afternoon.

This is a highlight of my marshalling year, and a very good reason to leave the stressful office behind and spend four days droolling.

Good luck to all the competitors.

UDB
Old 28 Aug 2008, 10:43 (Ref:2276788)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Am sending the Fiat Abarth 850TSCC with Mags Diffey and three times Regularity winner Jez Haylock.He has now has decided to use what is the slowest car in the event so no chance for a forth time.Its Car No 1 with 10/10ths stickers but it is unique
Old 28 Aug 2008, 12:23 (Ref:2276836)   #12
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
Will look out for that, I noticed this thread Says 1-4th September, On their website it says 2-4th September.
Old 28 Aug 2008, 12:26 (Ref:2276840)   #13
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Duxford Monday,Event Tues to Thurs.
Old 28 Aug 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2276849)   #14
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll see everyone there...my first time, so should be a nice change from Silverstone...though we still go there.

Eurgh.
Old 29 Aug 2008, 21:57 (Ref:2277752)   #15
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Have you got the door fixed since LMC, John?
Old 30 Aug 2008, 19:12 (Ref:2278257)   #16
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm doing it with Mrs Wills in the Bizzarrini. I suspect she has no idea what she is in for!
Old 31 Aug 2008, 08:25 (Ref:2278545)   #17
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Roger ,Make sure you give a wide berth to Car No 1 when you pass as I will return !No 1 goes 0-60 in along time so beware and its a women driver!The 10/10ths stickers are on.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 08:30 (Ref:2278547)   #18
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
I am looking forward to it this year, But the entrys are a little low. Perhaps they havn't been update?
Old 31 Aug 2008, 11:53 (Ref:2278675)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

There is no update since June on Web.Think its now about 60 cars.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 11:59 (Ref:2278680)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
According to the electronic Telegraph they reckon on 70 cars.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 13:22 (Ref:2278717)   #21
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
So, entrys are bigger than the year before, i thought they where going to be less. Anyone have this entry list. The one on the site only says about 30.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 14:45 (Ref:2278757)   #22
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
You said there has been no update, About 2 weeks ago, a few more cars where added and one was your Abarth. I just thought the numbers where low, why havn't they added these apparently 70 odd cars? I have read the telegraph website, i do hope there are 70 i just think it's strange how they are not being shown on the website when they where updating it 2 weeks ago.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2278763)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Its about 60 and Fred and Alec have worked very hard(which came as a shock to their systems) to get it to that level as the credit crunch is starting to hit and with inflation and no Headline sponsor its a hell of an undertaking.Any money spent is out of their own pockets.Its a very brave venture.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2278766)   #24
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Its about 60 and Fred and Alec have worked very hard(which came as a shock to their systems) to get it to that level as the credit crunch is starting to hit and with inflation and no Headline sponsor its a hell of an undertaking.Any money spent is out of their own pockets.Its a very brave venture.
Well i think they should update the entry list, Probably to late now but i want to know what other cars are in it.
Old 31 Aug 2008, 14:55 (Ref:2278768)   #25
thebullet
Veteran

England
Leamington Spa
Just did a count and there are about 65 on that entry list, so more than i thought really. No Chevron this year?