Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Mar 2008, 08:46 (Ref:2160910)   #101
MPA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
MPA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kramer
I have to say that I'm surprised that there are no lunches / drink runs for the officials who are out on points.

Kramer
Let me set the record straight. There were drink / lunch runs, but too few and too late. This was caused by giving the distribution job to the recovery team who were kept busy with broken cars. Perhaps they'll fix this next time.

Kramer, I'm with you on the "Between Race" activity.... The Mini Club run a "Hot Track" all day and unless there's a huge problem they'll keep the meeting moving.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2161075)   #102
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPA
Let me set the record straight. There were drink / lunch runs, but too few and too late. This was caused by giving the distribution job to the recovery team who were kept busy with broken cars. Perhaps they'll fix this next time.
FFS put me in a quick brick (with wind up windows ) a radio and headset and I will zoom around and drop off drinks to all who need em....too easy.

If time means you don't complete the run and cars are entering the circuit....pull off to a safe position, wait untill instructed, continue lap
Old 25 Mar 2008, 12:04 (Ref:2161092)   #103
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
David Towe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now that sound like a smart idea, will it see the light of day????
Old 25 Mar 2008, 12:06 (Ref:2161096)   #104
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tell him hes dreaming!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
Now that sound like a smart idea, will it see the light of day????
I can dream can't I Dave
Old 25 Mar 2008, 12:43 (Ref:2161132)   #105
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
I'm surprised they don't seem to look after you guys at the island, we competitors are pretty well treated there. The only thing that I don't like is the drivers briefing where I think some pretty colourful language is used unnecessarilly which may give our overseas competitors a bad impression. Other than that I from my perspective, it's a great meeting full of really helpful officials.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 12:54 (Ref:2161149)   #106
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The first segment of tonight's In Pit Lane from the Phillip Island Classic is now up on the In Pit Lane Vodcast available via iTunes. Part one features the Porsche 917/30 and the Lola T710 Corvette GTP.
Next Week Graham McRae.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 12:57 (Ref:2161154)   #107
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4
FFS put me in a quick brick (with wind up windows ) a radio and headset and I will zoom around and drop off drinks to all who need em....too easy.

If time means you don't complete the run and cars are entering the circuit....pull off to a safe position, wait untill instructed, continue lap
I think you might find that I have already volunteered for that job. But I can't go to ALL the PI meetings, just the good ones

Mick
Old 30 Mar 2008, 06:35 (Ref:2164974)   #108
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
I downloaded IPL and it didn't play properly, is my computer the proplem or did others have the same experience?
Old 30 Mar 2008, 12:55 (Ref:2165136)   #109
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I posted somewhere else here that I had a problem as well, the video cut out about halfway through the interview with Klaus. Repeated attempts at downloading again didn't fix it either.

Mick
Old 1 Apr 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2166990)   #110
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The May edition of MotorSport carries a two page spread on this meeting. Not a lot of text (by Simon Taylor) but a number of good pics. If that's not enough for you to buy it, there's a big tribute to Jim Clark amongst the other good stuff.
Old 4 Apr 2008, 05:20 (Ref:2169209)   #111
inpitlane
Veteran

Interview with Graham McRae

The In Pit Lane Interview with F5000 legend Graham McRae is now on the In Pit Lane Vodcast available via iTunes or Miro.
Highlights of the F5000 race will be up soon(ish)
Old 1 May 2008, 23:47 (Ref:2192241)   #112
inpitlane
Veteran

Phillip Island F5000

The F5000 feature race from PI is now on the In Pit Lane Vodcast. You can check it out on ITunes, Miro or pretty much anywhere good Podcasts are found.
Old 2 May 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2192382)   #113
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Brett, I've had trouble veiwing the last 3 podcasts, who has the problem, me or you? I know I've got problems, but I mean specifically in the case of viewing the podcasts. Have others had a problem and managed to fix it and if so, how did you fix it?
Old 2 May 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2192426)   #114
inpitlane
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Towe
Brett, I've had trouble veiwing the last 3 podcasts, who has the problem, me or you? I know I've got problems, but I mean specifically in the case of viewing the podcasts. Have others had a problem and managed to fix it and if so, how did you fix it?
I haven't been able to replicate the problem at my end. I'm not sure what's going on. What software/hardware are you using? If it's iTunes perhaps check to see it's up to date and that the latest version of Quicktime is installed.
I'm now encoding into a HD H.264 codec and it can be pretty processor intensive on older machines and some Windows machines.
You could also try installing Miro which is a dedicated IPTV program with lots of interesting channels. It's slower than iTunes but the video quality is better.
If anybody else is having trouble I'd like to know so I can check with "ourmedia.org"
Also try http://www.archive.org/download/Pitl...vodcsat037.flv for a Flash version.
Old 5 May 2008, 00:28 (Ref:2194084)   #115
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane
I haven't been able to replicate the problem at my end. I'm not sure what's going on. What software/hardware are you using? If it's iTunes perhaps check to see it's up to date and that the latest version of Quicktime is installed.
I'm now encoding into a HD H.264 codec and it can be pretty processor intensive on older machines and some Windows machines.
You could also try installing Miro which is a dedicated IPTV program with lots of interesting channels. It's slower than iTunes but the video quality is better.
If anybody else is having trouble I'd like to know so I can check with "ourmedia.org"
Also try http://www.archive.org/download/Pitl...vodcsat037.flv for a Flash version.
I had trouble with all the episodes that I have downloaded so far (all the available iTunes ones) but with the majority I have found that simply trying to download again usually fixes it. That saidm I can;t get number #35 to work at all.

Mick
Old 16 May 2008, 12:42 (Ref:2203967)   #116
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
The May edition of MotorSport carries a two page spread on this meeting. Not a lot of text (by Simon Taylor) but a number of good pics. If that's not enough for you to buy it, there's a big tribute to Jim Clark amongst the other good stuff.

Aw shucks. I took the pictures. The family has been very good with praise, but it's their job. Nice to get some that's unsolicited.

I'll be back every year given half a chance. Great race meeting. Great place, great cars.

Bruce Moxon
Old 16 May 2008, 16:03 (Ref:2204170)   #117
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good one, Bruce!
Old 17 May 2008, 00:18 (Ref:2204463)   #118
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not only, but also...

Some they didn't use...

BM
Old 18 May 2008, 20:16 (Ref:2205803)   #119
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
Bruce, great pics and I love the last one, in particular. However, any chance of reducing them in size in accordance with our FAQs (also see my thread at top of page) as it distorts the page?
Old 17 Sep 2008, 22:41 (Ref:2292881)   #120
tremolo
Rookie

tremolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
Ben Read stalled the RX2 at the start and was stranded on grid postion 3. Most of the field passed him, but then he was struck heavily from behind by Queenslander Peter Martin in his immaculate BMW 2002.
Hi all,

First post. I saw this incident on Medical Emergency on the Seven Network last night and was just wondering if anyone knows how Peter and his gorgeous 2002 are getting on?

Cheers, great forum btw.
Old 18 Sep 2008, 03:42 (Ref:2292989)   #121
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremolo
Hi all,

First post. I saw this incident on Medical Emergency on the Seven Network last night and was just wondering if anyone knows how Peter and his gorgeous 2002 are getting on?

Cheers, great forum btw.
I spoke with Peter a couple of weeks ago. He has more or less recovered, but his car was virtually destroyed.
Old 18 Sep 2008, 08:38 (Ref:2293069)   #122
tremolo
Rookie

tremolo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON
I spoke with Peter a couple of weeks ago. He has more or less recovered, but his car was virtually destroyed.
Thanks mate, good to hear he's recovered from the crash.

Shame to hear about the car though, it appeared to be a nicely turned out thing.
Old 18 Sep 2008, 08:56 (Ref:2293076)   #123
David Towe
Veteran

England
Glenmore Park NSW
Quote:
Originally Posted by tremolo
Shame to hear about the car though, it appeared to be a nicely turned out thing.
Hi Tremolo, that's an understatement...it was ssoooo nice . Still, the main thing is Peter is OK