Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3878277)   #1051
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
John, its time for us to be involved in a new kind of business. First potential client, Mike himself! Look, he will leave the Kingdom on 31 March heading south. No place available from Britney, he will have to go through a wonderful country and spend two or three weeks in your area on his way back. He will be so happy eating fresh products, made in European Onion… You can add garlic for free, I'll pay for it. Prepare yourself to park a circus truck and to write a strange remake of "To whom the Bell tolls" because, talking about tolls we have some here…

C'on Mike, no hard feelings, you can wake up it was a nightmare… or may be just science friction!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3878280)   #1052
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Are you preparing the Iron Man? Nice race! Good luck!

Hé bien Viva, c'est nouveau ça as Mike says, what community? Non, non, non I'll personally take care of you having the steering wheel on the "right side" which is actually the left one! Non mais des fois, sans blague! OK, I'm ready to make an effort because you're Boobool's friend and you will be allowed to keep the pedal box on the right! And you will learn on the hard way the real meaning of central console!!!
A central driving position, like the McLaren F1, would make sense.

Apart from an obscure Ferrari, no one else seem to have gone for that although 3 seats for the Bagheera and Murano seemed close.

Also that strange Fiat Multipla thing had capacity for 3 across the front seats.

It would probably be easier to achieve with electric motor power per wheel - but then by the time that takes over fully autonomous travel will probably be required and it will not matter at all where a "driver" might sit.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3878281)   #1053
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Yea and Friday rant. Who's give's a F--k about all these TV awards and that Oscar thing.And Cricket, who watches Cricket. I tell who does and that's my fiberglass man. Can never get anything done while its on the TV.

Are you just acclimatising yourself to your trip down under - it's still Thursday up here in the frozen north!

At least cricket is played during the slightly warmer months in the UK - my son expects me to freeze my whotsits off watching my grandson get covered in mud every other weekend playing in a junior league. Why can't he take up a civilised sport like tiddly-winks or something similar?

Although on the cricket front, my two sons plus families and I went to spectate at a 20-20 game between Yorkshire and Lancashire at Headingley fairly recently, and the stadium was absolutely packed to the rafters. Now cricket is not my favourite, but the atmosphere was great and I must admit that the experience was fun. So much so that we are probably doing it again this year, all things being equal.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 16:58 (Ref:3878283)   #1054
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
It's Thursday
Maybe not in NZ where D is headed.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3878285)   #1055
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It's Thursday

Delta's always ahead of the game!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:05 (Ref:3878288)   #1056
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
John, its time for us to be involved in a new kind of business. First potential client, Mike himself! Look, he will leave the Kingdom on 31 March heading south. No place available from Britney, he will have to go through a wonderful country and spend two or three weeks in your area on his way back. He will be so happy eating fresh products, made in European Onion… You can add garlic for free, I'll pay for it. Prepare yourself to park a circus truck and to write a strange remake of "To whom the Bell tolls" because, talking about tolls we have some here…

C'on Mike, no hard feelings, you can wake up it was a nightmare… or may be just science friction!
There won't be any delays this side - Calais is ready. They certainly seem to be making a huge parking space before the ferry terminal, either that or they are turning the Jungle into a Concrete Jungle!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3878292)   #1057
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
A central driving position, like the McLaren F1, would make sense. Also that strange Fiat Multipla thing had capacity for 3 across the front seats.
At least something could make sense in this world! Haaa, Multipla nuovo what a piece of… design! Same arrangement for the Honda FR-V I guess. If you mean Murena that's OK, all in all a good coupé based on the Bagheera (nothing to see with Cheetah and Tarzan!) and the chassis received a anti rust treatment.

If you like the central steering, have a look to the fabulous, exquisite, neo retro post modern semi lunar in one word rococo, I name the Panhard&Levassor Dynamic. Bumper to bumper extreme design, even the Zenith Stromberg air filters were designed accordingly to the rest. Look at the small windows surrounding the windscreen, meant to reduce the blind angle. They were not all the same, the last batch of berlines six glaces had the steering slightly on the right. Fantastic on the road.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:25 (Ref:3878293)   #1058
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John I guess for your friends anything on this continent will look like a very concrete jungle… Already the case!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:30 (Ref:3878294)   #1059
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
John I guess for your friends anything on this continent will look like a very concrete jungle… Already the case!
There's some fairly new apartment blocks close to Arras that I came across recently. I was shocked to see 'a vendre' on one of them as I thought I'd stumbled across a new prison. It looked like a truly depressing place to wake up in the morning but apparently they are modern & trendy.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 17:33 (Ref:3878295)   #1060
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
It looked like a truly depressing place to wake up in the morning but apparently they are modern & trendy.
They should try with "For sale" or "One room with a view on another room"!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 18:11 (Ref:3878301)   #1061
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Did anyone else see this morning on BBC that little machine that will park your car in multi story car park. Blooming clever idea. .
Just caught a glimpse of that, but couldn’t see how it was attached and towed the car. Maybe there’ll be some info on the web I can find....
Old 24 Jan 2019, 18:18 (Ref:3878306)   #1062
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
There won't be any delays this side - Calais is ready. They certainly seem to be making a huge parking space before the ferry terminal, either that or they are turning the Jungle into a Concrete Jungle!
I think that parking area is the latest attempt at a secure holding area for trucks while queuing for the customs sheds. Not sure if it’s brexit specific or was happening anyway.

Whether Calais is ready or not, it’s usually the last place I consider using for any crossings! That won’t change. No offence to any locals, of course.....
Old 24 Jan 2019, 18:55 (Ref:3878316)   #1063
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I think that parking area is the latest attempt at a secure holding area for trucks while queuing for the customs sheds. Not sure if it’s brexit specific or was happening anyway.

Whether Calais is ready or not, it’s usually the last place I consider using for any crossings! That won’t change. No offence to any locals, of course.....
The BBC report was of a cgi, and the robot is basically a fork lift truck. You can park cars close together because no doors need to be opened. Voila!

Make sense now Mike?
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:06 (Ref:3878319)   #1064
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mike, because you already sacrificed your boat hook I'm pleased to make you a special offer on our last batch of third hand Zodiacs! Sorry I'd love to add another bargain like "buy two Zodiacs, one doll free" but unfortunately all the dolls are gone… flat out! Soooo bad! With each inflatable boat comes no less than 300 hundreds of accordion music, played either by André Verchuren or Yvette Horner…
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:11 (Ref:3878320)   #1065
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Bauble many things are presented as new, invention in other words in Japan - sorry, mate!- they had already this since……… and we have a good system experimented at Perpignan - official center of the world - . You put your car on a kind of plate and it disappears under the earth. Just one warning, dont lose the ticket because everything is electron-nically encoded…

Yes, yes, I see you, to have your car disappeared you just need to let the key in the ignition!!!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:14 (Ref:3878322)   #1066
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
The BBC report was of a cgi, and the robot is basically a fork lift truck. You can park cars close together because no doors need to be opened. Voila!

Make sense now Mike?
Yes it does, a lot more sense! Thanks Bob.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:24 (Ref:3878328)   #1067
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You should try some of the car parks here in Wiltshire. You can hardly open the doors anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 24 Jan 2019, 19:43 (Ref:3878339)   #1068
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
You should try some of the car parks here in Wiltshire. You can hardly open the doors anyway.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I think that's a problem nationwide (and I'm not blaming Michael Barret). the trouble is that cars have been getting progressively wider & longer but the parking spaces generally haven't been adjusted to suit, it's probably so that the shops etc. can boast that they have x000 parking spaces, the fact that they're un-useable doesn't count!
Nearly 40 years ago I rented an asbestos garage on an allotment in the street where I lived from an old boy who'd given up driving, to store my Mini Se7en race car and (hopefully) spares in. I was astounded to find out what a tight fit the car was in the garage, but he said it was fine when he first assembled it to park his Austin 7 in!
Old 24 Jan 2019, 20:00 (Ref:3878349)   #1069
Robyn Slater
Veteran

England
Sudbury Suffolk
Robyn Slater should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Changing subject slightly. Regarding the F**tballer and his Pilot going missing over the channel. If he's valued at £15million? and a new signing for a premiership club,how the hell are they going to sort the insurance claim out?
Old 24 Jan 2019, 22:11 (Ref:3878399)   #1070
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yea and Friday rant And Cricket, who watches Cricket. I tell who does and that's my fiberglass man. Can never get anything done while its on the TV.
Me (and your fibreglass man)
Old 24 Jan 2019, 22:18 (Ref:3878401)   #1071
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
I think that's a problem nationwide (and I'm not blaming Michael Barret). the trouble is that cars have been getting progressively wider & longer but the parking spaces generally haven't been adjusted to suit, it's probably so that the shops etc. can boast that they have x000 parking spaces, the fact that they're un-useable doesn't count!
Nearly 40 years ago I rented an asbestos garage on an allotment in the street where I lived from an old boy who'd given up driving, to store my Mini Se7en race car and (hopefully) spares in. I was astounded to find out what a tight fit the car was in the garage, but he said it was fine when he first assembled it to park his Austin 7 in!
In our local rag a while back there was an overhead picture of a carpark taken in 1971 and beside it was one taken from the same rooftop in 2017
There was 22 cars in one of the rows in the former and 16 in the same row in the latter.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Jan 2019, 05:28 (Ref:3878446)   #1072
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
E.B………… while "they" are sleeping… are you ready to be invaded? May be its a good thing the air/co to be installed in the container… just in case "they" can't fly back! Its possible to purchase a wallet in kangaroo skin I guess. In this case does the money run faster or does it turn to an Italian job like take the money and run? I ask because I had Diadora shoes, probably made of kangaroo skin but didn't notice any change in speed!!!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 06:07 (Ref:3878448)   #1073
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robyn Slater View Post
Changing subject slightly. Regarding the F**tballer and his Pilot going missing over the channel. If he's valued at £15million? and a new signing for a premiership club,how the hell are they going to sort the insurance claim out?
It’s very sad, as indeed is the loss of any plane and it’s occupants. I’d hope that any big sport club would have something in place to deal with the accidental death of a player, as it can happen from time to time.
Old 25 Jan 2019, 07:30 (Ref:3878452)   #1074
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
E.B………… while "they" are sleeping… are you ready to be invaded? May be its a good thing the air/co to be installed in the container… just in case "they" can't fly back! Its possible to purchase a wallet in kangaroo skin I guess. In this case does the money run faster or does it turn to an Italian job like take the money and run? I ask because I had Diadora shoes, probably made of kangaroo skin but didn't notice any change in speed!!!
The average race driver here wants nothing to do with kangaroos!
These two short clips show why they are best on a BBQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lupfuSaj790

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0u8eI--cgs

My cats like a treat of kangaroo mince, available at the supermarket, where we can also buy kangaroo steaks for our own dinner.
Old 25 Jan 2019, 08:03 (Ref:3878459)   #1075
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
where we can also buy kangaroo steaks for our own dinner.
Next time, I'll "jump" on the opportunity…