Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 18 Aug 2016, 13:35 (Ref:3666346)   #26
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry lists have been released:

http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/F...try%20List.pdf (Supercar)
http://media.rallycrossrx.com/docs/F...try%20List.pdf (Super 1600)

38 Supercars (thought the list includes Liam, so I guess that number will drop to 37) and 34 Super 1600.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3666410)   #27
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One realizes how expensive it is getting when the limit is not even reached in France ...
Old 18 Aug 2016, 19:57 (Ref:3666425)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMG don't give a hoot, they make money either way, until people realise how little they are getting, the bubble can only last for so long I am afraid.
Old 18 Aug 2016, 22:13 (Ref:3666436)   #29
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Hickey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fairly certain it is a bigger entry than last year, in both classes. Don't let facts ruin a good rant though...
Old 18 Aug 2016, 22:32 (Ref:3666441)   #30
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Fairly certain it is a bigger entry than last year, in both classes. Don't let facts ruin a good rant though...
Yep. 37 Supercars (several of which were no shows) and 30 Super 1600 last year.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 08:17 (Ref:3666509)   #31
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think what people mean is that even in a country where rallycross is thriving, they cannot fill the entry list with local drivers that might want to compete as the costs are prohibitive and budgets cannot stretch that far.

I am also sure that in France though some of the cars are probably not legal WRX wise, now they have for some ungodly reasons IMG decided to make their series "slightly" different (basically so they can charge money for supplying legal kit) to every other world rallycross series.

Glass is always half full for some, half empty for others. Especially when it comes to WRX on here.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 09:24 (Ref:3666514)   #32
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
What I don't get is that there are still 11 or so local drivers entered and the Pailliers only didn't as they had trouble last time out. That would have hit 40, which is the limit (if I've read the above posts correctly). And there is only one off the limit in s1600. I think the cup is about 95% full in terms of entries.

Now, if we were talking about Lydden with 24 entries and very few local drivers due to the stupid WRX regulations on ecu, then yes, fully agree. That was a shambles and was quite disappointing for the Home of rallycross.
Old 19 Aug 2016, 10:31 (Ref:3666523)   #33
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Höljes reached the limit last year and some drivers were not allowed to compete. If a driver had taken WRX or ERX points they were allowed to compete. I'm not completely sure about this but then it came down to how fast they had entered, Stecka for example was the first driver to enter.

Just counted the entry list for 1600s in Höljes and 25 were on the list, three of them pulled out making it 22. Anitra Nilsen, who entered as permanent in ERC, was not allowed to compete because they reached the limit when it was at 25 I believe. Dosen't make sense to me at all if 35 is the limit regularly, unless it comes down to paddock like chunder suggested before. Or maybe there is something else?
Old 19 Aug 2016, 14:22 (Ref:3666580)   #34
paul1982
Racer

paul1982 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pailler competition made a statement last week that they don't wanna risk the car for the French Championship and that is the reason for there absent. And yes some Cars are not legal for WRX.... and yes the Costs are higher....
But in the past we had exactly the same problems as we have now. In France a Couple of years ago the european round counted also for the French Championship in s1600 and supercar and also at that time you had around 40 Cars in each class. You can always see the bad Thing about it... fact is that s1600 and TC have a massive upgrade when they reduce the Championship to 5 and 7 rounds. Also 40+ Supercars in the combined ERX/WRX events isn't that bad.
Look at rallycross.com and compare the entrylists from the last ten years.....
Other option is the rx challenge.... but as it seems now the most of the drivers prefer IMG or a national Championship (British,France or Nordic, CEZ).
If it stays like this it is good but yes also i fear the future if they only want the WRX class. But we will see... at the moment i enjoy how it is. And it isn't that bad.only different is the raised ticket prices. But it is still your own choice to pay for it. And also at that point the crowds are growing each year at every track. If i also prefer the "old" tracks i do/did Mettet (close to our home), Lydden, Höljes, Loheac and Buxtehude.

And now i'm looking forward to Loheac! Will be a stunning event!!
Old 9 Sep 2016, 20:50 (Ref:3671309)   #35
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Surprised this was Kristoffersson's first WRX win.
Old 9 Sep 2016, 20:55 (Ref:3671311)   #36
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
The first of the season, he won in Portugal last year.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3671427)   #37
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Ah I found it already hard to believe.

By renting their cars Albatec has found their place in RX. Now they have to find a good livery designer.
Old 10 Sep 2016, 16:52 (Ref:3671473)   #38
Hickey
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Big news from the weekend was that EKS have FOUR functional A1 WRX cars in their line up. They had all four out on show (though didn't get there early enough to see them on track) on Monday at loheac. One of them had Andrew Jordan's name on it as he is testing for them. Would be great to see him in one permanently next year as a third car...
Old 11 Sep 2016, 08:36 (Ref:3671675)   #39
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
A shame Jordan wont seem to drop his BTCC ambitions. He is hardly an old man and could do with doing something new. perhaps it is down to wages, where Red Bul want him or something.

Certainly the best gig in rallycross at the moment. But also worrying how much money these top teams are spending now.

Remember how we all used to scoff at what guys like Scott were spending just a few years ago, he is now almost a low end guy!
Old 15 Sep 2016, 18:22 (Ref:3672616)   #40
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jordan has a contract with Pirtek to race in the BTCC until the end of 2018. You won't see him full-time in WRX until at least then.
Old 19 Sep 2016, 16:55 (Ref:3674134)   #41
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickey View Post
Big news from the weekend was that EKS have FOUR functional A1 WRX cars in their line up. They had all four out on show (though didn't get there early enough to see them on track) on Monday at loheac. One of them had Andrew Jordan's name on it as he is testing for them. Would be great to see him in one permanently next year as a third car...

Jordan did drove an Audi RX S1 in Goodwood...
Old 22 Sep 2016, 10:26 (Ref:3674211)   #42
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Much later than intended, but finally caught up with my pictures last night and uploaded some shots from Loheac. Few of my faves...

...album of shots here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57674108851266

If anyone is interested in seeing more!
Old 22 Sep 2016, 17:21 (Ref:3674297)   #43
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Now I know whay you love it so much, you clearly dont pay toget in!

Makes sense now
Old 22 Sep 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3674306)   #44
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Now I know whay you love it so much, you clearly dont pay toget in!

Makes sense now
Yes, my entry is covered but nothing else is. The cost of PLI for a year is roughly equal to what I would spend on World Rallycross tickets, so it's not a "free" weekend. Travel, accommodation, food etc. all comes out of my pocket.

I want to go to as many rallycross events as possible because I genuinely love the sport: it's a lack of money that prevents me from going to more!

Last edited by tbtstt; 22 Sep 2016 at 17:56.
Old 26 Sep 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3675253)   #45
Hampton Caught
Racer

England
Hampton Caught should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve,

A very BIG 'thank-you' for posting the photos. Superb!

You have caught much of the colour and action of the event. A wonderful record of the meeting. I, for one, am delighted you are willing and able to share your shots with those of us who aren't able to get to the meetings (or as close to the action) ourselves.

Like you, I love my rallycross and like you, enjoy making a contribution to the sport in a way that's somewhat short of being able to run a car and compete. But is valued and welcome nonetheless. Please don't stop.....

Cheers, Steve
Old 26 Sep 2016, 13:32 (Ref:3675259)   #46
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
You have caught much of the colour and action of the event. A wonderful record of the meeting. I, for one, am delighted you are willing and able to share your shots with those of us who aren't able to get to the meetings (or as close to the action) ourselves.

Like you, I love my rallycross and like you, enjoy making a contribution to the sport in a way that's somewhat short of being able to run a car and compete. But is valued and welcome nonetheless.
Well that is exactly my intention Hampton, I'm glad that's how you (and I hope others) see it. It might be hard for some to believe, but I don't take unpaid time off work, travel across France, take pictures and then spend my limited spare time sifting through them because of a free entry ticket...

...Loheac isn't always the best circuit for racing, but the rain on Sunday morning made a huge difference this year. You normally see a clean line through the loose sections after a few hours of racing, but the damp kept the dirt in place for a lot longer this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampton Caught View Post
Please don't stop.....
Well as long as they keep letting me get out there with the professionals, I'll keep doing it! (and if they don't I will carry on from the other side of the fence)