Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Apr 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3813401)   #26
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a beautiful day weather wise at Symmons Plains, maybe a tad on the cool side initially.

Yesterday’s practice session had a southerly wind, today’s forecast shows a light northwesterly from 10am.

Let’s go racing!
Old 7 Apr 2018, 01:34 (Ref:3813445)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

5th?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Apr 2018, 02:04 (Ref:3813447)   #28
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 02:26 (Ref:3813448)   #29
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Last?
The good engine came out?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 02:41 (Ref:3813449)   #30
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The good engine came out?
With the amount of alleged politicking that goes on within the Kelly camp, it would not surprise me.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 04:33 (Ref:3813460)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Qualifying results:
Red Bull lockout.
Prodrive off the pace.....

Old 7 Apr 2018, 04:43 (Ref:3813462)   #32
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
! second covering the field - what you'd expect at the Plains I guess - only have to sneeze at the wrong moment and you'd drop a couple of rows on the grid.

Tickford not having a good day at all are they? Might do better in the race but there'll be some head scratching going on there no doubt.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 04:44 (Ref:3813463)   #33
Jam3s
Racer

Jam3s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the WAU resurgence is genuine whichever is great to see. Shame about tickford.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3813488)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Well done Mr Whincup.. and Mr Lowndes..

Tickford nowhere, one wrecked car, one blown one, 2 slow ones..
Old 7 Apr 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3813504)   #35
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And Tim Edwards gave a bit of a 'ticked off at Tickord' interview after the race..
Old 7 Apr 2018, 08:35 (Ref:3813506)   #36
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Whincup is already 8x champion...
Old 7 Apr 2018, 08:40 (Ref:3813510)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And Tim Edwards gave a bit of a 'ticked off at Tickord' interview after the race..
Plastic panels to blame?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3813514)   #38
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
What did he have to say generally?

Thought occurs to me that they may be struggling a bit with the different tyre details for 2018. We've seen Tickford (or at least its previous iterations) struggle to come to grips with changed tyre specs before & I wonder if it is something like that going on again?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 09:47 (Ref:3813537)   #39
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
What did he have to say generally?
My interpretation was basically him saying no individual telling offs due, it is no use blaming any one faction, the team as a whole have got it wrong but bottom line is the car is not fast enough.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3813556)   #40
GHOGH
Racer

GHOGH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked to me that the Van Gis early pit-stop move was pre-planned, to use Van Gis as a mobile chicane to try and get Whincup ahead, incase the Wau cars or Reynolds had a faster race pace after what happened in Melbourne.

Could be argued that Tickford has less experience (additional new composite panels for some tickford cars even since the Australian GP round) running their 'Falcons' in their current configuration than the teams with the ZB with 2 rounds on them?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 12:15 (Ref:3813572)   #41
Umai Naa
Veteran

Same could be said for the Nissans as well, who were also nowhere come raceday.
Old 7 Apr 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3813576)   #42
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My interpretation was basically him saying no individual telling offs due, it is no use blaming any one faction, the team as a whole have got it wrong but bottom line is the car is not fast enough.
Missing Brighty maybe?
Old 7 Apr 2018, 13:05 (Ref:3813589)   #43
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Missing Brighty maybe?
Doubt it - with all due respect to Mr Bright, he didn't set the world on fire there - regardless of whether it was him or the car that was lacking.

It just seems to be a team that loses their way easily and struggles to work it all out.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 02:11 (Ref:3813820)   #44
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Doubt it - with all due respect to Mr Bright, he didn't set the world on fire there - regardless of whether it was him or the car that was lacking.

It just seems to be a team that loses their way easily and struggles to work it all out.
Brights technical knowledge might help though, he seems to have the KBR car going OK in Super 2 this weekend. Not sure he would be faster than Super Richie though!
Old 8 Apr 2018, 04:57 (Ref:3813864)   #45
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow, Jack le Brocq has really hit the ground running. Who knew it would only take 2 1/2 rounds to be mixing it with the big boys of the series, especially while having to develop a new car. Amazing.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 04:58 (Ref:3813865)   #46
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Brights technical knowledge might help though, he seems to have the KBR car going OK in Super 2 this weekend. Not sure he would be faster than Super Richie though!
Hard to overcome the bad juju of the 4th car in their stable, the Tickford Turd...
It has been there thru Super Black, through Team 18, and Britek, and now the love child’s car...

Something has to change.. surely..
Old 8 Apr 2018, 05:52 (Ref:3813874)   #47
Umai Naa
Veteran

Crash damage aside, the thing isn't even that quick in general.

It seems to be a common trend that no 3-4 car team can consistantly field a full complement of competitive cars.

Not even Triple Eight can manage it on a regular basis.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 05:53 (Ref:3813875)   #48
champcarman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Wow, Jack le Brocq has really hit the ground running. Who knew it would only take 2 1/2 rounds to be mixing it with the big boys of the series, especially while having to develop a new car. Amazing.
I did hear svg mention that Jack was running the same set as 888.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 05:53 (Ref:3813876)   #49
champcarman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Crash damage aside, the thing isn't even that quick in general.

It seems to be a common trend that no 3-4 car team can consistantly field a full complement of competitive cars.

Not even Triple Eight can manage it on a regular basis.
Did today.
Old 8 Apr 2018, 06:01 (Ref:3813877)   #50
Umai Naa
Veteran

Quote:
Did today.
Well that much is obvious