Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 23 Sep 2019, 17:26 (Ref:3929703)   #5401
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
“Early copy” ? Are they all hand made / written?!
No but books are made in several runs and it's fairly common for errors to be corrected from run to run.

I got it on release day and was hugely disappointed in it. Maybe I was expecting more about motor racing than practical jokes. Lack of info after 2001 was a real let down.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 17:36 (Ref:3929705)   #5402
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, not sure why Nic H has pulled out. I wonder if Rokit covered the sponsorship shortfall for Knockhill only? Or maybe Nic has had enough? He looked really taken aback when he was punted off in R1. Whatever the reason he has shown he can give able bodied people a run for their money and that will hopefully inspire others. It is not his car or TBL as others have suggested. The car is Motorbases and the TBL is the loaned one from HMS.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 17:54 (Ref:3929714)   #5403
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just read Motorbase’s statement and it says it due to sponsorship issues
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:05 (Ref:3929724)   #5404
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Shame. Crying shame. I wonder if Nic will dust himself down and try again? A knock on Tony Gilhams door would be a good place to start.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:32 (Ref:3929734)   #5405
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must be a difficult situation for Rokit, they've paid for the year and obviously if Nic doesn't run in all 10 rounds they're missing out. I get bailing him out with one of their other brands for one round, at what point do they say enough is enough?
Old 23 Sep 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3929752)   #5406
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
I got it on release day and was hugely disappointed in it. Maybe I was expecting more about motor racing than practical jokes. Lack of info after 2001 was a real let down.
Has a whiff of leaving enough out for a sequel post-BTCC retirement.

Weirdly, the roll in the Chevy at Donington is on the (inside) cover and in the picture pages, but not mentioned once in the copy.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 19:05 (Ref:3929754)   #5407
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Must be a difficult situation for Rokit, they've paid for the year and obviously if Nic doesn't run in all 10 rounds they're missing out.?
so why not sponsor a differnet team, BTC Racing still has plently of space on the sides (shockingly) and they provide much more exposure near the front

Old 23 Sep 2019, 19:07 (Ref:3929755)   #5408
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Must be a difficult situation for Rokit, they've paid for the year and obviously if Nic doesn't run in all 10 rounds they're missing out. I get bailing him out with one of their other brands for one round, at what point do they say enough is enough?
I guess it puts the Big Brother paying chat to bed.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3929760)   #5409
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
BTC Racing still has plently of space on the sides (shockingly) and they provide much more exposure near the front
What is shocking about a fully-funded team having a complete livery that is not utilising every spare inch of space with unnecessary logos?
Old 23 Sep 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3929763)   #5410
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I guess it puts the Big Brother paying chat to bed.
Until he turns up in Nascar next week *jokes
Old 23 Sep 2019, 20:03 (Ref:3929767)   #5411
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
What is shocking about a fully-funded team having a complete livery that is not utilising every spare inch of space with unnecessary logos?
and who exactly funds it as they have no title sponsor and there are empty spaces on the livery ?

or you want to tell me that there are sponsors willing to sum $$$ without even getting decals on the cars?

you really want to tell us that such a team wouldn't welcome any sponsor with open arms ?
Old 23 Sep 2019, 20:23 (Ref:3929769)   #5412
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
and who exactly funds it as they have no title sponsor and there are empty spaces on the livery ?

or you want to tell me that there are sponsors willing to sum $$$ without even getting decals on the cars?

you really want to tell us that such a team wouldn't welcome any sponsor with open arms ?
I think you haven't been looking at the car closely enough.

The name of their main backer is on the bonnet - and (most of) the rest of their sponsors can be seen here:

Not all sponsors of motorsport need their logo to cover the entire car to be happy with their exposure. Have you seen Ferrari's main backer on their F1 car lately?
Old 23 Sep 2019, 20:24 (Ref:3929771)   #5413
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
If we're looking at title sponsors on cars - without researching the answer, can people name the title sponsor of this car?

Old 23 Sep 2019, 21:01 (Ref:3929778)   #5414
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
The only name visible to me more than 10 yards away is HARD.

I would guess the name on the backdoor, but it ain't very prominent. Maybe TG is subsidising the ride hence the big HARD branding.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 21:02 (Ref:3929779)   #5415
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
so why not sponsor a differnet team, BTC Racing still has plently of space on the sides (shockingly) and they provide much more exposure near the front
My point was that they've already spent out and not got the deal they agreed (presumably) so do they keep ploughing money in to keep their name on the grid, let him just drop out? Never considered they'd go to a different team. Although Rokit were adamant they'd support him for the rest of the year and beyond, that soon changed.
Old 23 Sep 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3929783)   #5416
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The only name visible to me more than 10 yards away is HARD.

I would guess the name on the backdoor, but it ain't very prominent. Maybe TG is subsidising the ride hence the big HARD branding.
Which I think demonstrates my point.

The car is entered under the 'RCIB Insurance with Fox Transport' banner, yet neither logo is prominent on the car.

The main backers of a car, the title sponsor and the prominence of logos may appear to have no correlation - yet for some reason BTC are singled out as 'shockingly' having a door that does not bear a logo!
Old 24 Sep 2019, 07:09 (Ref:3929827)   #5417
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
It does so nicely. One or two posters have their knickers in a twist over the BTC cars and their supposed lack of funding. The team is well funded, trust me.

In fairness I knew the HARD car had an official name long enough to challenge the widest of TV screens... but had no idea what/ who.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 08:22 (Ref:3929836)   #5418
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
In fairness I knew the HARD car had an official name long enough to challenge the widest of TV screens... but had no idea what/ who.
Interesting point that applies to a lot of the teams, what they're officially entered as against what they're more commonly known as.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 08:27 (Ref:3929838)   #5419
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Interesting point that applies to a lot of the teams, what they're officially entered as against what they're more commonly known as.
Not wishing to stir up a hornets nest here but doesn't this then mean that the title sponsorship thing isn't working? I though the whole idea was to get the title sponsors name onto everyone's lips?
Old 24 Sep 2019, 08:46 (Ref:3929840)   #5420
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Not wishing to stir up a hornets nest here but doesn't this then mean that the title sponsorship thing isn't working? I though the whole idea was to get the title sponsors name onto everyone's lips?
That is the case but does it work? What's Motorbase's full entry title this year (without Googling)?
Old 24 Sep 2019, 08:51 (Ref:3929842)   #5421
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think you haven't been looking at the car closely enough.

The name of their main backer is on the bonnet - and (most of) the rest of their sponsors can be seen here:

Not all sponsors of motorsport need their logo to cover the entire car to be happy with their exposure. Have you seen Ferrari's main backer on their F1 car lately?
Its (BTC) new owner bought (and funds) the team in the hope of attracting a big sponsor. They can last 2019, but need to find more backers for 2020.

The cars are largely blank as there's no one paying for that space, at the moment. Those smaller partners aren't paying the big £500,000, and conversely no logo on a car comes for free.

If you see Bert's LinkedIn, he's gagging for it!
Old 24 Sep 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3929845)   #5422
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
There have been a few sponsors whose support seems to have declined this season, despite the prominence of the series.

On the other hand, certain teams have seen an increase in support.

This is one of the biggest attributes a driver needs for the future - the ability to secure funding. For this reason, I feel that the younger drivers on the grid need to look at the likes of Neal and Plato for inspiration. Not for their driving ability, but the ability to put a deal together.
Old 24 Sep 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3929846)   #5423
Pickles
Veteran

I'm assuming that Dudman does completely own the team now? As Bert always refers to it as 50/50 with himself...
Old 24 Sep 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3929847)   #5424
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That is the case but does it work? What's Motorbase's full entry title this year (without Googling)?
Motorbase Team Shredded Wheat with Gallagher (which is a big enough mouthful) I think?
Old 24 Sep 2019, 11:24 (Ref:3929867)   #5425
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Motorbase Team Shredded Wheat with Gallagher (which is a big enough mouthful) I think?
Cobra Sport AmD AutoAid/RCIB Insurance