Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Feb 2019, 18:46 (Ref:3882679)   #176
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think I might reconsider what i said earlier today now after hearing the marshal/graham podcast.
What did they say

Hopefully not the mother chassis thing again
Old 14 May 2019, 14:35 (Ref:3903713)   #177
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
https://www.racexpress.nl/formule-1/...eizoen/n/97768

in Dutch : next season, Racing team Netherlands will ditch the dallara LMP2 car for an Oreca car.
Car will be run by TDS racing.
Old 14 May 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3903743)   #178
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
They've done pretty well with the Dallara in recent times, but it seems that you can't stop the Oreca steamroller (still the best overall package in LMP2 and they also have strength in numbers and it also seems customer support), and IMO Dallara did concentrate more on the Cadillac DPI end of things vs the stock LMP2 variant.
Old 14 May 2019, 16:48 (Ref:3903750)   #179
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This really shows up the weakness of the homologated chassis model. If your car is slow, too bad. You gotta spend big to buy another one. And everyone gravitates towards the best one. Before you know it, it's a spec class by default, and that makes it easier to make it an actual spec class, as has already happened with LMP2/3 engines and GTE Am tyres.
It makes me sad.
Old 14 May 2019, 19:56 (Ref:3903788)   #180
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Chassis BoP?
Old 14 May 2019, 23:59 (Ref:3903819)   #181
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
They do get a joker upgrade, but it doesn't seem like that's happened. And if it did it made no difference to their performance vs the Oreca.
Old 15 May 2019, 06:14 (Ref:3903848)   #182
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
They do get a joker upgrade, but it doesn't seem like that's happened. And if it did it made no difference to their performance vs the Oreca.
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...-upgrades.html
Old 17 May 2019, 21:35 (Ref:3904418)   #183
Mike E
Veteran

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...programme.html

https://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/...-2020/4390161/
Old 18 May 2019, 06:42 (Ref:3904458)   #184
Mike E
Veteran

Dragonspeed to withdraw from LMP1. Not a huge surprise after the season they have had.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...-to-cease.html
Old 18 May 2019, 08:19 (Ref:3904476)   #185
Tique
Racer

France
Paris
Tique should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post

The response of Oreca was a bit of a joke. Two years latter, even with the upgrade, the Dallara and the Ligier have not match the performance of the Oreca !
Old 18 May 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3904486)   #186
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
Dragonspeed to withdraw from LMP1. Not a huge surprise after the season they have had.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2019/0...-to-cease.html
and the total lack of any long term vision for the top class...
Old 18 May 2019, 10:12 (Ref:3904488)   #187
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewn7 View Post
That too. There was a rather pointed reference to the stable formula in Indycar. Easily done with a spec formula, of course, but still relevant to teams trying to plan ahead.
Old 18 May 2019, 10:58 (Ref:3904492)   #188
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Quote:
Except the fact that they could run this car for at least two more seasons guaranteed, maybe even more. So that's not true.

They're just not up to snuff for LMP1. That's fine, it was a ballsy move to try and I'm glad they were there propping up the numbers.
Old 18 May 2019, 13:13 (Ref:3904505)   #189
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Except the fact that they could run this car for at least two more seasons guaranteed, maybe even more. So that's not true.

They're just not up to snuff for LMP1. That's fine, it was a ballsy move to try and I'm glad they were there propping up the numbers.
Are we guaranteed the current LMP1’s in the 2020-21 season?
Old 18 May 2019, 13:58 (Ref:3904509)   #190
andrewn7
Rookie

United Kingdom
andrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandrewn7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post

Bit harsh Apex - not sure if you've ever seen the car run or spoken to any of the team?

Yes they have struggled to get on top of the car and extract the maximum from it. But remember their original chassis was destroyed and driver seriously injured, on its debut last year. I think ever since then it's been a bit of an uphill battle for them, but the car has shown flashes of decent pace with van der Zande in particular. Shame they couldnt stick it out but I think their explanation is pretty clear - more bang per buck (for them) in Indycar versus WEC P1.

I for one will miss them from the P1 pitlane - a really friendly bunch of guys.
Old 18 May 2019, 15:04 (Ref:3904517)   #191
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
Are we guaranteed the current LMP1’s in the 2020-21 season?
Yes. That's one of the reasons SMP Racing is continueing.
Old 18 May 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3904518)   #192
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
Quote:
Bit harsh Apex - not sure if you've ever seen the car run or spoken to any of the team?
No, but I don't need to. They might be a friendly bunch of guys, but with a Bronze driver they were never going to get anywhere. Plus they never really seemed to understand the level of LMP1 competition. I wish them all the best in Indycar which they seem to fit in very well And I will reiterate, I applaud them for taking the big step to try LMP1 in the first place. That takes guts!

Edit: I think the team principal says it best:
Quote:
“We’ll definitely be continuing in the ELMS, which we think offers the best sportscar racing on the planet and remains the ideal series for the top gentleman drivers.

“With the kind of competition you get from 19 regular LMP2 entries, we take pride in the fact that the last two ELMS victories with a Bronze driver, in 2016 and 2019, have been ours.”

Last edited by ApexTurtle; 18 May 2019 at 15:17.
Old 18 May 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3904530)   #193
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Sad for the LMP1s, the car had potential when it was driven by fast drivers, I will miss that car, but I think it was an error from Hedman to drive at WEC. He should drive at IMSA where the team can recover laps and position with their rules. But, now P2 are slower than before. However, bad news.
Old 18 May 2019, 18:13 (Ref:3904538)   #194
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Sad for the LMP1s, the car had potential when it was driven by fast drivers, I will miss that car, but I think it was an error from Hedman to drive at WEC. He should drive at IMSA where the team can recover laps and position with their rules. But, now P2 are slower than before. However, bad news.
I guess I'm indifferent to them leaving. Ask me last year and I would have been sad, but now to me it's not even a big deal. They were never going to win with their philosophy (especially on the driver front). The effort looked like it was always iffy depending on the other programs they run as well. Rather they go and race where they feel competitive instead of taking up a spot where they're tying to punch above their weight. Maybe someone will pick up their lmp1 car?
Old 18 May 2019, 22:26 (Ref:3904576)   #195
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Well I'm sad to see a P1 team leave, but indeed what did they expect with Hedman in the car?

Indycar may be suited to them, but then they don't put Hedman but Hanley in that car.
Maybe LMP1 would be fine if they had Hanley- Van der Zande - a third driver like these 2.
Then again, without Hedman they probably wouldn't have been there anyway.
Old 19 May 2019, 21:17 (Ref:3904748)   #196
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Shame to see another one leave, but they haven’t exactly made progress. I wish them all the best in Indycars
Old 20 May 2019, 00:34 (Ref:3904778)   #197
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I think all of you are right. It could has been another story if the team focus on put the car for three fast drivers, but it looks like the case was an adventure for Hedman. Now is Indycar, and I whish the best for them there.

Maybe we will see another team taking the cars, but I doubt it.
Old 21 May 2019, 17:14 (Ref:3905094)   #198
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Toyota's hit with EOT Change for Le Mans

Don't get too excited, it was a 10kg increase in weight.
Old 21 May 2019, 17:59 (Ref:3905110)   #199
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Toyota's hit with EOT Change for Le Mans

Don't get too excited, it was a 10kg increase in weight.
A mere paper cut. Not sure they've been 'hit' with anything, as per the headline.
Old 21 May 2019, 18:03 (Ref:3905111)   #200
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
The weight part is not important, the part about the privateers is where the attention should be. So far most things remain 'tbd', which leads me to believe they will wait until after test day to decide the privateer values. Also, the privateers already get a pretty hefty upgrade to their maximum fuel flow compared to last year. The mandatory stint lengths are now completely removed from the rules (after being incorrectly implemented during the race last year).