Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 13 Jan 2019, 11:14 (Ref:3875887)   #101
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Another good event. Same pros and cons as the last one, which is good because that means its working as intended.

Attack mode is kinda fun, but I'd still drop hashtag fanboost nonsense. Make it a level playing field, not a popularity contest. The new car is still a massive step up, which is awesome. The TV graphics still need toned down, and Varsha still adds absolutely nothing to the presentation except a weird awkward feeling. He's a third wheel that doesn't fit. Sorry, but his strengths lie elsewhere.

The series is finally maturing a bit, and I'm finally beginning to enjoy it. I actually like the street circuits. I've seen too much of Paul Ricard and Barcelona over the years, and like most of us, I see a LOT of racing over the year, so FE offers something different.
Old 13 Jan 2019, 14:37 (Ref:3875925)   #102
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One thing I do love about the graphics this season is the little clip of the driver filmed grimacing after they’ve crashed!
Old 13 Jan 2019, 16:50 (Ref:3875936)   #103
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Just caught up on iPlayer. Now learned to skip the first 30 minutes......

Was less aware of tyre squeal, so maybe a microphone placement thing. The camera angles were good, maybe better than at the last race? Still think fanboost not appropriate, but no problem with Attack Mode. I’m wondering if the inclusion of an American commentator is to give a more international feel, and I’d still like to see them race on one well known circuit per season, for reasons given before.

And I laughed at the ‘grimacing driver’ clip as well......
Old 14 Jan 2019, 10:40 (Ref:3876073)   #104
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Just caught up on iPlayer. Now learned to skip the first 30 minutes......
I've watched all of the pre-race stuff on iPlayer - not got around to watching the race stuff yet. But yes - it's skippable! "The drivers are seated"
Old 14 Jan 2019, 12:54 (Ref:3876097)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I've watched all of the pre-race stuff on iPlayer - not got around to watching the race stuff yet. But yes - it's skippable! "The drivers are seated"
Was it me or did they explain how attack mode works twice..... At least there are no adverts- that you can’t skip through!

The fact that the cars are electric and the only noise is gear whine is still (inevitably) dividing opinion, but even as a petrol head, these Gen 2 cars are so much better than the previous ones I’m almost ‘looking past the noise’, if that makes sense.....

There also seems to be a challenge to get the best out of them, witness drivers arriving from other Formula and not immediately setting the series alight!
Old 21 Jan 2019, 11:03 (Ref:3877491)   #106
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I finally was able to watch the race this weekend. Does anybody else use the Eurosport player? I wanted to watch the race saturday evening, but on the Eurosport player website I could only watch the replays of the practice and qualifying sessions. The race, so far never was to be seen on the player. Now I watched it on Youtube. The Eurosport player support team was not able to give an answer to my questions what was going on.

Anyway; what an incredible race by d'Ambrosio. He was offcourse lucky with the incidents of the BMW's and the crazy first corner divebomb of Vergne on Bird. But damn, his pace was fast and his non-attackmode-aided overtakes so clean and decisive. Very good!
And Frijns made his mark as well, all in all a great race for fans from the low-lands :-)
For the championship it has been very good that BMW and Techeetah messed up (again!) They seem to be the quickest ones. Nissan and Audi are so far a bit underwhelming.
Old 26 Jan 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3878800)   #107
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Today it's Santiago de Chile.
Old 26 Jan 2019, 15:43 (Ref:3878806)   #108
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
This is where FE needs to be a bit smarter. The race overlaps the start of the IMSA Daytona 24. I was going to watch FE, but now I won't. If it was an hour earlier then I'd totally have watched this.

Series need to be aware of what's going on around them.
Old 26 Jan 2019, 15:56 (Ref:3878807)   #109
kobefly
Veteran

Argentina
Germany
kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!kobefly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
This is where FE needs to be a bit smarter. The race overlaps the start of the IMSA Daytona 24. I was going to watch FE, but now I won't. If it was an hour earlier then I'd totally have watched this.

Series need to be aware of what's going on around them.
You can still watch the first 30 minutes of the ePrix. But I agree

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
Old 26 Jan 2019, 16:01 (Ref:3878809)   #110
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobefly View Post
You can still watch the first 30 minutes of the ePrix. But I agree

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
I'd rather watch the Daytona 24 build up, tbh. It's a big event and I want to take it all in, but I'd happily watch FE race if it didn't overlap. I'll maybe watch it another day.

Qualifying was good fun. This track is fun. Enjoyed that.
Old 26 Jan 2019, 17:22 (Ref:3878825)   #111
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I agree.
This is the first Formula E race of this season that I could have watched live (wasn't at home for the other ones) but I too have decided to skip it for Daytona.

I may watch it later.
Old 27 Jan 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3880067)   #112
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Cracking racing in Chile though!

Reminds me of F3000 of old but without the sound!
Old 28 Jan 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3880174)   #113
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, it was good stuff. Track surface not the best though. Good to see Pascal W on the podium as well as Sam Bird taking the win! As before, I watched on the iPlayer and fast forwarded right through the build up. Works perfectly for me....
Old 28 Jan 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3880187)   #114
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes, it was good stuff. Track surface not the best though. Good to see Pascal W on the podium as well as Sam Bird taking the win! As before, I watched on the iPlayer and fast forwarded right through the build up. Works perfectly for me....
I've not watched it yet but I'll be taking the same route - iPlayer and zap through the rubbish at the start.
Old 30 Jan 2019, 11:27 (Ref:3880644)   #115
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is the first Formula E season where it has joined my list of races I make a point of watching, either live or catch up. All three races so far have been great, the cars look good, and I think Attack Mode adds an interesting bit of strategy (Fanboost on the other hand needs to go away asap...). Having it on iPlayer helps too.

FE is doing a lot right at the moment.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 08:04 (Ref:3884745)   #116
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Did anyone see yesterday Formula e race at Mexico City?
Old 17 Feb 2019, 08:37 (Ref:3884751)   #117
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, and I thought it was really good.

First lap craziness, settles down a bit, then there's Piquet's big smash and a red flag, then all-out nuts to the end. Seeing teams/drivers just ever-so-slightly misjudge their energy usage and lose out as a result was actually very entertaining, but... oh, 0% with about 10m to go, that's tough on Wehrlein.

Cracker of a race.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3884756)   #118
Go_For_Pole
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Go_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGo_For_Pole should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, a great, great race
Old 17 Feb 2019, 11:00 (Ref:3884777)   #119
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Well that was good fun wasn't it? Really enjoyed that.
Old 17 Feb 2019, 16:43 (Ref:3884824)   #120
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Nice to see the cars on a wider and (in most places) more normal looking circuit. Didn’t look out of place at all!

Relieved that Piquet was unscathed in the accident. I thought the bodywork design was supposed to stop a car from riding up over the back wheel of another one?

Good watch again, and thank you BBC!
Old 18 Feb 2019, 02:25 (Ref:3884937)   #121
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was good fun but I still find it too gimmicky with fan boost and any other boost they find.
Then Vandoorne getting penalised for using fan boost "too early" just adds to the gimmickry.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3884966)   #122
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
It was good fun but I still find it too gimmicky with fan boost and any other boost they find.
Then Vandoorne getting penalised for using fan boost "too early" just adds to the gimmickry.
I don't mind the attack mode boost ultra thing. Yeah its gimmicky, but it's a fair game and anyone can use it. Fan Boost though isn't fair and needs to go.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3884989)   #123
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I don't mind the attack mode boost ultra thing. Yeah its gimmicky, but it's a fair game and anyone can use it. Fan Boost though isn't fair and needs to go.
Attack mode is easy to understand / follow, and as you say, it’s the same for all. That inside right hand corner zone in the stadium looked tricky to get right!

Some of the penalties are a bit odd and not obvious to a casual viewer like me- like the one for excess use of regen braking, or whatever it was! Penalties for something that we can see happen are fine, but when they’re for an obscure technical infringement during the race, seem a bit of a spoiler.
Old 18 Feb 2019, 12:52 (Ref:3884996)   #124
LPP68
Rookie

LPP68 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would like to see a discussion between Vergne and Piquet after this race. I think they will not agree :-) IMO Piquet was more to blame. Vergne defended a bit vaguely, but in the end he did not move in the braking zone, and has the benefit of the doubt anyway, since he got hit from behind.
Penalties for 'too much regen' are reallystupid. Is the whole regen thing not more or less the point of this series?
Old 18 Feb 2019, 15:54 (Ref:3885045)   #125
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Quote:
Relieved that Piquet was unscathed in the accident. I thought the bodywork design was supposed to stop a car from riding up over the back wheel of another one?
It's certainly the intention, but like the IndyCar bodywork, it doesn't work. If the impact is hard enough to make a car fly, then it tends to be hard enough to break this bodywork anyway. In IndyCar, it just ended up being extra debris.

The cars are odd looking, but they look better in motion on TV than they do in photos. I don't mind them as much as I thought I would.