Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 7 Jan 2010, 12:47 (Ref:2609420)   #1
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
On the dark side of the moon
Thundersports should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOSS GP

This will be the title of the Euroboss "alternative" series..........www.BossGP.com
Old 7 Jan 2010, 13:02 (Ref:2609432)   #2
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another "Under Construction" site is not a good start
Old 7 Jan 2010, 13:17 (Ref:2609444)   #3
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 championships with a max of 6 cars at each event then!!

all you need is one well run series ,with the correct people in place and all pulling in the same direction .
Old 7 Jan 2010, 13:34 (Ref:2609457)   #4
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatbroke View Post
2 championships with a max of 6 cars at each event then!!

all you need is one well run series ,with the correct people in place and all pulling in the same direction .
Agree
Old 7 Jan 2010, 13:39 (Ref:2609461)   #5
MSportUK
Racer

United Kingdom
Worcestershire
MSportUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

+1 - The original series wasn't exactly overcrowded.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2609539)   #6
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSSman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BOSS GP Series 2010

Hi friends!
1. I wish you all a very happy, healthy and successful 2010 with a lot of race fun!

2. The banning of our friend 'Driftwood' is definitely not because of any action from me, rather I will also miss his (sometimes) very interesting statements, but I also think he will back soon!

3. Possibly it will be better if I change my own forum name, I will think about it, but on the other hand I am always a EuroBOSS Fan (particularly the good old days), I had a wonderful time there, I have learned many things, also from Roger and the best I could meet there so many nice people!

4. I have not start this new thread, because we still wait for the official FIA approval regarding our series (wish) name: 'BOSS GP', which is more a formality but important for all the official press work, our regulations, etc.

5. I'm 99% sure that we will have more than 6 cars (also more than 8)!

6. I have posted in the 10/10's EuroBOSS thread some weeks ago the most important facts why the four ex-EuroBOSS drivers (Klaas Zwart, Marijn van Kalmthout, Frits van Eerd, Henk de Boer) and I (they asked me) have decided to go this way and to create a completely new series for BOSS cars. Therefore I will not always discuss about the pro and contra. We all know that one strong series would be better, but again, we saw and see no other chance to do it in this way, mainly for a better BOSS future, for the drivers, teams, sponsors, fans, spectators, organisers, etc. You can believe me, we will definitely do our best to bring it on this high and successful level which we all wants since years. That's our aim!

7. We plan 7 races for this year, 5 of them are already 100% confirmed by the organisers (all very well-known race meetings), for our 6th date we have two race offers (at the same circuit) where we have to select now and race number 7 we are still in discussion with different organisers about a posible date. All (possible) BOSS GP drivers and their teams are updated with all the latest news (calendar, etc.) via our monthly 'Inside' newsletter. I will publish the calendar here at 10/10ths if we have all 7 races finalised (I think still 1 or two weeks).

8. More information follow...

Christian
race co-ordinator BOSS GP*

(*name subject FIA approval)
Old 7 Jan 2010, 16:13 (Ref:2609551)   #7
Peter Dunne
Tea Addict And Summoner Of Safety Cars
Veteran

Peter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPeter Dunne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah I see.

Looks promising with some heavy hitting backers behind it.

Best of luck in your new role Christian
Old 7 Jan 2010, 16:22 (Ref:2609559)   #8
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
yeh lets hope you get some good grids together...and get back to britain!!!...i still remember the jordan f1 meeting when euroboss was there...that was awesome!
Old 7 Jan 2010, 18:24 (Ref:2609615)   #9
benjabulle
Racer

benjabulle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
God save BOSS GP serie I wish you the best for the future and will support you

Remi from http://www.gurneyflap.com
Old 7 Jan 2010, 19:17 (Ref:2609655)   #10
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
yeh lets hope you get some good grids together...and get back to britain!!!...i still remember the jordan f1 meeting when euroboss was there...that was awesome!
That was a fantastic meeting it was fitting that it was co-ordinated by the late John Nicol and was to be his last race meeting sadly.

Good luck Christian I think maybe BossGP can be a International series with Euroboss reverting to its roots as Boss and just running in the UK with maybe 1 or 2 forays abroad. I think Euroboss would need to change the regs to allow the smaller cars like they did in the early days. However I had a quick count up and there are currently over 10 active drivers with F1 cars in the UK, so maybe a Uk based Euroboss series would be more viable in the current climate?
Old 7 Jan 2010, 19:55 (Ref:2609674)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
yeh i was only a wee lad back then but remember well the porshce f1 car wrapping itself around the catch fencing at hollywood...a sad sight!
Old 7 Jan 2010, 20:10 (Ref:2609683)   #12
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP Series 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Dunne View Post
Best of luck in your new role Christian
Thanks Peter, thanks Remi, thanks Ian!

@ascarracinguk
We also hope that we can come this year to GB for a BOSS GP* race, but what can I say at the moment, to organise a race there was in the last EuroBOSS years always (curiously enough) the biggest problem of all races we had to plan!

...beside the enormous costs for a GB race you have 2010 one big problem more, because every organiser who plans a race at Donington is very careful with 'guest' series in a time where they not know whether the planned event with his own series will take place there. With this problem you nearly lost one more circuit from a very small list with possible BOSS FIA Grade 2 circuits. That means you have for a BOSS race only Brands Hatch Indy/GP or Silverstone (Snetterton is FIA Grade 3, Rockingham no chance because of noise restrictions, Anglesey not really a favourite circuit for these cars, etc.), then you must find a possible event at these circuits (only events with 'international' status, no noise problems, etc.) and all this together in a good conjunction with the other (mostly already confirmed) dates! You see, it sounds much easier than it is... but we will give our best!

@Thundersports
How can you activate all these "sleeping" British and Irish BOSS drivers? What they want or for what they wait? It would be very interesting for me to hear from these to, because I think most of them would love to come out again with their BOSS cars.

The crazy situation in EuroBOSS was, Roger and I we worked every year very hard to organise a UK race (also to "wake up" these drivers), but at the end who came, the regular drivers from continental Europe plus the 4-5 UK regulars plus 1-3 UK 'guests' (Keen, Greensall, McLurg) > most of the non-UK races had better grids.

I would also love to have two/three UK BOSS GP races every year with big grids and with as much as possible drivers from the good old BOSS days! One of my biggest wishes since years..., but this is also not so easy as it sounds.

Christian
race co-ordinator BOSS GP

(*name subject FIA approval)
Old 7 Jan 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2609687)   #13
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
yeh i was only a wee lad back then but remember well the porshce f1 car wrapping itself around the catch fencing at hollywood...a sad sight!
I was standing on the exit of Redgate and saw the car launched in the air after a clash of wheels with Paul Stoddarts Tyrrell on the first lap, it hit a unprotected wall knocking Johan out. I'm assuming of course you mean Johan Rajamakis Arrows A13 running a V8 Hart engine from memory. The Porsche engined cars were the Footwork Arrows A11 and only appeared in Euroboss with V8 DFR engines in the hands of Tony Hansford and Nick Crossley (i'm 90% certain someone else ran one in the late 90s). H-Engineering still have one of the cars which ran the Porsche V10.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 20:20 (Ref:2609688)   #14
ascarracinguk
Veteran

haha yeh that will be the one...i remember it had a similar livery to the porshe,but was too young to know the difference

the 2 best things i ever saw with boss.....klaus zwart in his ferrari....ive never heard anyhting like it...best sounding car ever....and tony worswick, think it was an fa13...or the jordan 191....spinning at the chicane and doing donuts to get back going again..was great...oh the whole pack of boss cars flying ddown craners.....spine chilling sight
Old 7 Jan 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2609690)   #15
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Christian are these Euroboss drivers really "sleeping"?? Lets have a count of active cars/teams/drivers who have participated in the series in the last 2-3 seasons and are in a position to compete;

1. Tony Hansford/H-Engineering
2. Kokney Koi maybe 2 cars
3. Gary Woodcock
4. Michael Woodcock
5. Jodie Hemming
6. Chris Woodhouse
7. Colin Stone
8. Mansell Motorsport
9. Paul Osborn
10. Eddie Mclurg
11. Andrew Tate

Last edited by Thundersports; 7 Jan 2010 at 20:34.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 20:29 (Ref:2609692)   #16
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
ascari a hair raising spectacle indeed! The Worswick car was a Jordan 194 with a Judd V10 he still has it and it would be wonderful to see it out again one day.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/9045989@N05/1173542484
Old 7 Jan 2010, 20:32 (Ref:2609694)   #17
ascarracinguk
Veteran

yeh thats it....one of the most beutiful f1 cars ever made...and the judd v10...one of the best engines made period!
Old 7 Jan 2010, 21:49 (Ref:2609736)   #18
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
The Porsche F1 engine was a V12 brain fade.
Old 7 Jan 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2609770)   #19
BOSSman
Veteran

BOSS GP Series 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
Christian are these Euroboss drivers really "sleeping"?? Lets have a count of active cars/teams/drivers who have participated in the series in the last 2-3 seasons and are in a position to compete;

1. Tony Hansford/H-Engineering
2. Kokney Koi maybe 2 cars
3. Gary Woodcock
4. Michael Woodcock
5. Jodie Hemming
6. Chris Woodhouse
7. Colin Stone
8. Mansell Motorsport
9. Paul Osborn
10. Eddie Mclurg
11. Andrew Tate
No no no, these are in my opinion not the "sleeping" drivers/teams, these are for me the UK 'regulars', ok, sometimes more, sometimes less, but I'm sure that we will see from your list at least 6 or 7 in a BOSS race this year! We have to convince and re-activate all the others, because these 11 names are all still in touch with the BOSS racing scene.

Christian

Last edited by BOSSman; 7 Jan 2010 at 23:02.
Old 8 Jan 2010, 00:17 (Ref:2609802)   #20
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
These UK regulars me look at the economic climate and may decide a Euroboss series based in the UK would be more viable for them? That is why I think there may be room for two series. One UK based and one European based the Uk series also allowing the 80s F2 cars that have nowhere to race and late F3 cars from the ailing Club F3 championship?
Old 8 Jan 2010, 14:56 (Ref:2610031)   #21
H.Eng
Racer

United Kingdom
Royal Tunbridge Wells
H.Eng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundersports View Post
These UK regulars me look at the economic climate and may decide a Euroboss series based in the UK would be more viable for them? That is why I think there may be room for two series. One UK based and one European based the Uk series also allowing the 80s F2 cars that have nowhere to race and late F3 cars from the ailing Club F3 championship?

80s f2 cars and club f3 cars are to slow, the closing speeds are dangerous thats the problem Ian!!

most of the so called uk drivers say every year why dont we have more meetings in the uk, when we do, like brands last year, they still stay at home and polish there cars!!!!!!!!!
the costs need to be reduced, starting with the circuit fees, then we may get somwhere...........
Old 8 Jan 2010, 20:54 (Ref:2610175)   #22
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.Eng View Post
80s f2 cars and club f3 cars are to slow, the closing speeds are dangerous thats the problem Ian!!

most of the so called uk drivers say every year why dont we have more meetings in the uk, when we do, like brands last year, they still stay at home and polish there cars!!!!!!!!!
the costs need to be reduced, starting with the circuit fees, then we may get somwhere...........
Mr Hansford the slowest Club F3 practice time the last time they were on Brands Indy in comparable conditions was 50s a full 10s quicker than the slowest Euroboss car; the quickest guys were in the 44s which would have lined them up around 9th/10th on the grid. At that meeting Chris Woodhouse demonstrated that a well driven smaller car is not an issue. The simple way to police the speed differencial in both series (which I think should be a rule now) would be to have 110% time rule in qualifying.

Yes too many Uk drivers stay at home when there is a UK race but that hasn't been helped in recent years to a very fluid calender. As rule of thumb if you browse the entrys for various races over the years you tend to only get one or two extra local entry per event, ie Kokney Koi UK, Rajamaki Sweden, Van Hee Belgium.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 14:33 (Ref:2610509)   #23
flatbroke
Racer

flatbroke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The thing with letting the F2 and F3 cars in is at least you might get 15 cars on the grid.

Most reports I have been reading from the last few years are , F1 cars do 3 laps in practise and the the Gearbox breaks and homeward bound that car goes ,

when you have 8-10 car grid , and 3 cars break done after or in practise , very boring race for the people that have paid entry to the circuit and fuel , food etc then to see to 5 cars running around , at least with a few smaller cars the spectators get to watch a race.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 15:41 (Ref:2610525)   #24
SLK55
Racer

England
SLK55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greetings everyone. I hope we can have some racing somewhere, but lets keep the slower cars out......Keep it special.
Old 9 Jan 2010, 18:06 (Ref:2610600)   #25
Thundersports
Veteran

Balearic Islands
I don't think the smaller cars will be necessarily slower in fact they may humble a few of the F1 cars especialley in the wet. The main speed differencial will be on the straights in fact I think a well driven late F3 car will be faster in the twisty bits. Not forgetten in Boss they could take of the air restricters freeing up a fair bit more BHP.