Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 6 Jun 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3086342)   #51
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalkenALMS View Post
Wow, thanks, Spyderman! As corny as it may sound, it's really the least we can do. Although sponsors and partners play a huge role in making all this racing possible, we really wouldn't be able to do it without the fans. It's because of our fan base that sponsors even invest in the team and series. It wasn't until this season that we even had the resources to have someone focus solely on PR and fan interaction, and dang it, we're gonna make up for some lost time! Some fans wait all year to attend just one race, and we want to make it possible to feel apart of the action all season long. We've got a great car, an AMAZING tire manufacturer, hilarious and talented drivers and an unbeatable crew. It's more than racing, it's a great group of people, and we want to do everything possible to let our fans feel apart of it too. There's so much more to a race team than race results and a press release.
Your last two posts have really endeared me to your program. I think you have just overtaken the Lizards as my favorite ALMS team.

Chris
Old 6 Jun 2012, 16:15 (Ref:3086346)   #52
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Falken should wait until they know a new Porsche is coming out before they commit to two cars...I'm not certain whats going on at Porsche but we do know they are focusing on the P1. If push comes to shove. Falken Ferrari! hehe.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 17:09 (Ref:3086372)   #53
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Articus View Post
I think Falken should wait until they know a new Porsche is coming out before they commit to two cars...I'm not certain whats going on at Porsche but we do know they are focusing on the P1. If push comes to shove. Falken Ferrari! hehe.
Haha. Funny you mention our relationship with Porsche. Currently trimming down an eight page interview with Porsche, discussing our relationship with them, their intricate involvement in our team and the series, the training of the factory drivers, the new car, and future Porsche developments... Hoping to post the first part of the two part blog next week!
Old 6 Jun 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3086408)   #54
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm looking forward to that.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 19:21 (Ref:3086471)   #55
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Since we are all applauding Falken ALMS for their openness and communication with fans, I would like to add that if you aren't already, you should definitely follow @FalkenALMS on twitter. By far the most interactive twitter account of any team in endurance racing.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 20:26 (Ref:3086525)   #56
Bill38
Rookie

Bill38 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2013 Sebring

With Austin getting an ALMS race in the Spring of 2013, what might be the impact on Sebring getting the WEC race again?
Old 6 Jun 2012, 21:27 (Ref:3086565)   #57
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
+1 on the praise for the Falken team fan interaction. I'm not really much of a Porsche fan but I've been finding it pretty hard not to cheer them on each race for the last year-ish.
Old 6 Jun 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3086603)   #58
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill38 View Post
With Austin getting an ALMS race in the Spring of 2013, what might be the impact on Sebring getting the WEC race again?
None, why would it impact it?
Old 7 Jun 2012, 00:48 (Ref:3086625)   #59
porman
Veteran

porman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridporman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Haha. Funny you mention our relationship with Porsche. Currently trimming down an eight page interview with Porsche, discussing our relationship with them, their intricate involvement in our team and the series, the training of the factory drivers, the new car, and future Porsche developments... Hoping to post the first part of the two part blog next week!
Make that one more whom can't wait to see your blog.

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions a few weeks back.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 01:11 (Ref:3086627)   #60
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
By the way Falken guys, any inside info on when the SRT Viper is gonna debut? I'm sure they'd let you give us at least a hint if you have one!
Old 7 Jun 2012, 03:46 (Ref:3086651)   #61
Porsche917K
Racer

United States
Napa, CA
Porsche917K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For the about 10 ALMS races I have been to the Lizards, and Falken have been the friendliest. I am an avid Porsche fan, but their whole crews have always been friendly and open. I have my Falken calendar from Laguna Seca hanging up at work!
Old 7 Jun 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3086842)   #62
FalkenALMS
Racer

FalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFalkenALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
By the way Falken guys, any inside info on when the SRT Viper is gonna debut? I'm sure they'd let you give us at least a hint if you have one!
I have no idea! Being almost a month since I've been at the track, it's been all Falken, all the time. No other ALMS insider info for you here.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 12:45 (Ref:3086849)   #63
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I have no idea! Being almost a month since I've been at the track, it's been all Falken, all the time. No other ALMS insider info for you here.
Falken, awesome PR work, great that you recognize that this forum has a great fan(some would say fanatic) base for GT endurance racing, also great work on the track as well, and congrats on the two victories last year...

I have a suggestion: Maybe it would be a good idea for you to open up a separate thread called "Talk to Falken"(or something in that line) I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind, although it would probably be a good idea to get their opinion first.

And one queston: Should we expect the 991 in RSR trim at all, or will porsche go some other route. You don't have to go into details, just if will see the 991 in gte racing...
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 13:56 (Ref:3086886)   #64
FalkenALMS
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by arakis View Post
Falken, awesome PR work, great that you recognize that this forum has a great fan(some would say fanatic) base for GT endurance racing, also great work on the track as well, and congrats on the two victories last year...
Sincerely, thank you everyone for the compliments. A big thanks goes to the Falken Tire Corporation for allowing us (the team is managed by Walker Racing) to invest so much time and resources into the fans. They're really enthusiastic about this race team and providing the public with dynamic content and great tires. A lot of teams or corporations may not see the value in fan interaction, but the guys at Falken really grasp the importance and encourage it. They take huge pride in their people and their product, and are more than happy to be here for the fans.

Quote:
I have a suggestion: Maybe it would be a good idea for you to open up a separate thread called "Talk to Falken"(or something in that line) I'm sure the mods wouldn't mind, although it would probably be a good idea to get their opinion first.
Hmm... I've already received a warning for starting a previous thread, but for a different conversation topic. I'll run it by a mod and see what we can do. Thanks!

Quote:
And one queston: Should we expect the 991 in RSR trim at all, or will porsche go some other route. You don't have to go into details, just if will see the 991 in gte racing...
Official answer, fresh from Andy at Porsche Motorsport PR:
An announcement about the 2013 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR will be made sometime in the early fall, but it is safe to assume that it will not be based on the current 997 chassis or drivetrain.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3086895)   #65
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I did see a very nice Falken C6.R livery on the Forza storefront earlier....
Old 7 Jun 2012, 14:19 (Ref:3086896)   #66
arakis
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade,Serbia
arakis has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
An announcement about the 2013 Porsche 911 GT3 RSR will be made sometime in the early fall, but it is safe to assume that it will not be based on the current 997 chassis or drivetrain.
Awesome answer thanks, Spyderidol is gonna be thrilled (so am I btw)

Last edited by arakis; 7 Jun 2012 at 14:43.
To launch a new FIA GT2 category based on strict technical rules, with limited wavers and ‘balance of performance' limited to success ballast. A category where GT manufacturers will prove through competition they can produce the best road going GT car.
Old 7 Jun 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3086932)   #67
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Awesome answer thanks, Spyderidol is gonna be thrilled (so am I btw)

I am indeed very thrilled!
Old 7 Jun 2012, 20:54 (Ref:3087132)   #68
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:07 (Ref:3104277)   #69
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From SPEED.com: BMW 'poised' to switch to Z4 for GTE. Should read: BMW still investigating costs and politicking the ACO and IMSA to replace the 100% developed E92 M3 with the Z4 which would be a better basis for a GTE car in their opinion and has more development upside.

... But that title was too long...

Also the rumor on twitter (*sneeze*Mike Hedlund*sneeze*) is that GTC (which as some will recall is dead after this year) is to be replaced with GTE-Am. I'll be glad to have "cooler" cars than the GT3 Cup making up the tail end of the grid but I think we'll be lucky to keep one of JDX, TRG, and Green Hornet Racing on the grid.

Methinks the 2013 GTE grid will look thusly:

9 Pro, if we're lucky 10:
01 ESM Patron Ferrari
3 Compuware Corvette
4 Compuware Corvette
17 Falken Tire Porsche
45 Flying Lizard Porsche
55 BMW Team RLL Z4?
56 BMW Team RLL Z4?
62 Risi Ferrari(do we have much hope? Looks like they'll be running the Godstone Ranch Grand-Am effort. Of course, Godstone Ranch has yet to pay off for a full season. We've seen them hire Leighton Reese, Dyson and now, apparently, Risi...)
91 SRT Viper
92 SRT Viper

5 AM, 6 if we're lucky:
02 ESM Ferrari
22 Lotus AJR?(Cooper MacNeil's Weathertech car?)
23 Lotus AJR
44 Flying Lizard
48 Paul Miller Racing
And then choose one of JDX, TRG, Greenhornet and an outside shot at NGT or Competition Motorsports, both of whom seem to have fallen off the map.

It streamlines the grid, right?

Of course, there is still the possibility of the Audi R8 GT being accepted for ALMS competition. Though Audi of America and some of the customer teams seem to have different ideas on what car will be homologated. The Grand-Am-based version (championed by Audi), or the lms/ULTRA which is in at least two race shops in America. One of which we know is GTC entrant GMG Racing, and another is with WEC driver and former ALMS shoe Elton Julien (DragonSpeed?).

Chris
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:44 (Ref:3104291)   #70
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
From SPEED.com: BMW 'poised' to switch to Z4 for GTE. Should read: BMW still investigating costs and politicking the ACO and IMSA to replace the 100% developed E92 M3 with the Z4 which would be a better basis for a GTE car in their opinion and has more development upside.

... But that title was too long...

Also the rumor on twitter (*sneeze*Mike Hedlund*sneeze*) is that GTC (which as some will recall is dead after this year) is to be replaced with GTE-Am. I'll be glad to have "cooler" cars than the GT3 Cup making up the tail end of the grid but I think we'll be lucky to keep one of JDX, TRG, and Green Hornet Racing on the grid.

01 ESM Patron Ferrari
3 Compuware Corvette
4 Compuware Corvette
17 Falken Tire Porsche
45 Flying Lizard Porsche
55 BMW Team RLL Z4?
56 BMW Team RLL Z4?
62 Risi Ferrari(do we have much hope? Looks like they'll be running the Godstone Ranch Grand-Am effort. Of course, Godstone Ranch has yet to pay off for a full season. We've seen them hire Leighton Reese, Dyson and now, apparently, Risi...)
91 SRT Viper
92 SRT Viper

5 AM, 6 if we're lucky:
02 ESM Ferrari
23 Lotus AJR
44 Flying Lizard
48 Paul Miller Racing
And then choose one of JDX, TRG, Greenhornet and an outside shot at NGT or Competition Motorsports, both of whom seem to have fallen off the map.

It streamlines the grid, right?

Of course, there is still the possibility of the Audi R8 GT being accepted for ALMS competition. Though Audi of America and some of the customer teams seem to have different ideas on what car will be homologated. The Grand-Am-based version (championed by Audi), or the lms/ULTRA which is in at least two race shops in America. One of which we know is GTC entrant GMG Racing, and another is with WEC driver and former ALMS shoe Elton Julien (DragonSpeed?).

Chris

Risi and Godstone Ranch will not be at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway during the "Grand Am Brickyard Grand Prix" as previously scheduled and no additional Grand Am races with or without Godstone Ranch are planned for the remainder of the year. Risi is hoping to do late-season races including the Petit Le Mans in the ALMS however it is dependent on funding.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 17:57 (Ref:3104294)   #71
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post

01 ESM Patron Ferrari
3 Compuware Corvette
4 Compuware Corvette
17 Falken Tire Porsche
45 Flying Lizard Porsche
55 BMW Team RLL Z4?
56 BMW Team RLL Z4?
91 SRT Viper
92 SRT Viper

5 AM, 6 if we're lucky:
02 ESM Ferrari
23 Lotus AJR
44 Flying Lizard
48 Paul Miller Racing
I'm going to wildly speculate that if we're not lucky, it'll look something like:

Pro
3 P&M Corvette
4 P&M Corvette
17 Falken Porsche
45 Flying Lizard Porsche ?
91 SRT Viper
92 SRT Viper

Am
02 ESM Ferrari
44 Flying Lizard Porsche
48 Paul Miller Porsche

I'm going to enjoy the rest of this season, just in case.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 19:28 (Ref:3104319)   #72
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
I'm going to wildly speculate that if we're not lucky, it'll look something like:

Pro
3 P&M Corvette
4 P&M Corvette
17 Falken Porsche
45 Flying Lizard Porsche ?
91 SRT Viper
92 SRT Viper

Am
02 ESM Ferrari
44 Flying Lizard Porsche
48 Paul Miller Porsche

I'm going to enjoy the rest of this season, just in case.
I will enjoy the rest of the season, regardless. Where does the Pro ESM car go in your worst case scenario?

I don't think the worst case scenario will happen. I think, assuming the GTE Am thing does happen, there are at least two more entries to add to the AM list not to mention I am reasonably confident in AJR returning because Battery Tender and William Rast have more impact on that program than does Lotus, and Cooper MacNeil may choose to spend his money in the ALMS again but we don't know.

I'd really like to see BMW and Audi happen, that would bring in much needed entries, if only three!

Chris
Old 9 Jul 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3104374)   #73
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I am going to be overly ambitions and post what I would like to see in my wildest dreams while being somewhat realistic

P1
1 Highcroft Racing/Audi Sport North America Audi R18 e-tron quattro
6 Muscle Milk Racing Honda ARX-03a
10 Toyota North America Toyota TS030 Hybrid
16 Dyson Racing Lola B12/60 Mazda
20 Dyson Racing Lola B12/60 Mazda

P2
2 Libra Racing Radical SR-10 Ford Ecoboost
7 Merchant Services Racing Oreca FLM09 Chevy NG (Natural Gas)
8 Merchant Services Racing Oreca FLM09 Chevy NG
9 RSR Oreca FLM09 Chevy NG
18 Performance Tech Oreca FLM09 Chevy NG
25 Dempsey Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda
27 Dempsey Racing Lola B12/80 Mazda
37 Conquest Racing Morgan Nissan
50 Panoz Motorsports Delta Wing Nissan
52 PR1/Mathiasen Racing Oreca FLM09 Chevy NG
53 PR1/Mathiasen Racing Oreca FLM09 Chevy NG (Rumored to go to a 2nd Car later this year)
055 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX 03b Honda
95 Level 5 Motorsports HPD ARX 03b Honda
05 Core Autosport New LMP2
06 Core Autosport New LMP2

GT1 (I hate the pro/am names)
3 Corvette Racing Corvette C6R ZR1
4 Corvette Racing Corvette C6R ZR1
17 Falken Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
45 Flying Lizards Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
55 BMW RLL BMW Z4 GT2
56 BMW RLL BMW Z4 GT2
91 Viper Racing SRT Viper GTR-S
92 Viper Racing SRT Viper GTR-S
01 Extreme Motorsports Ferrari 458 Italia

GT2
22 Alex Job Racing Lotus Evora GTE
23 Alex Job Racing Lotus Evora GTE
32 GMG Audi R8 (competitive version of GT3)
44 Flying Lizards Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
48 Paul Miller Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
54 Black Swan Racing Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
66 TRG Porsche 911 GT3 RSR
02 Extreme Motorsports Ferrari 458 Italia

P1: 5
P2: 15
GT1: 9
GT2: 8
Total: 37

Never going to happen though

Last edited by Dyson Mazda; 9 Jul 2012 at 22:29.
Old 9 Jul 2012, 22:12 (Ref:3104375)   #74
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
am just hoping that Ed Brown doesn't cut back on the ESM programme, although I don't know if Cosmo or van Overbeek bring anything to it. Would be great to see Cosmo and van Overbeek together for a few races, but I think Brown and Cosmo would be a good combo for Pro-Am.

If Battery Tender and William Rast want to keep going, that'd be great, but I'm guessing the performance of the heavily-waivered Lotus won't keep them on-board and I doubt that car would be on the grid without some Lotus money too. Are William Rast Townsend Bell's sponsors?
Old 9 Jul 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3104378)   #75
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alex could easily go back to Porsche