Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Mar 2017, 02:05 (Ref:3716956)   #26
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Re-branding the Renault engine to Tag-Heuer has probably enabled RedBull to bring on Aston Martin as a sponsor. Would that have been possible/acceptable if they still had Renault branding on the car?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 08:02 (Ref:3716986)   #27
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The thing is, these days, does Alfa having anything to do with F1 really make people want to buy an Alfa?

Did it suddenly make people want to buy an Infiniti? Eve dumping Vettel into one and doing loads of PR? Not sure myself.

Are consumers that dumb? You buy a car these days for numerous reasons, the new emissions rules are one due to the insane tax you will pay otherwise, MPG, space, stuff you get for free!
Old 7 Mar 2017, 12:41 (Ref:3717027)   #28
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
The thing is, these days, does Alfa having anything to do with F1 really make people want to buy an Alfa?

Did it suddenly make people want to buy an Infiniti? Eve dumping Vettel into one and doing loads of PR? Not sure myself.

Are consumers that dumb? You buy a car these days for numerous reasons, the new emissions rules are one due to the insane tax you will pay otherwise, MPG, space, stuff you get for free!
If that's true, why are any car manufacturers involved in Formula 1?
Old 7 Mar 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3717032)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really don't know?

You tell me?

My thinking would be simply for something for their R&D folk to get their teeth into.

Does it sell cars? I don't know until someone sends me proof!!