Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who will beat their team mate in 2018?
Mercedes: Lewis Hamilton 29 96.67%
Mercedes: Valtteri Bottas 1 3.33%
Ferrari: Sebastian Vettel 29 96.67%
Ferrari: Kimi Raikkonen 1 3.33%
Red Bull: Daniel Ricciardo 8 26.67%
Red Bull: Max Verstappen 22 73.33%
Force India: Sergio Perez 7 23.33%
Force India: Esteban Ocon 23 76.67%
Williams: Lance Stroll 14 46.67%
Williams: Sergey Sirotkin 16 53.33%
Renault: Nico Hulkenberg 18 60.00%
Renault: Carlos Sainz Jnr 12 40.00%
Toro Rosso: Pierre Gasly 17 56.67%
Toro Rosso: Brendon Hartley 13 43.33%
Haas: Romain Grosjean 22 73.33%
Haas: Kevin Magnussen 8 26.67%
McLaren: Fernando Alonso 28 93.33%
McLaren: Stoffel Vandoorne 2 6.67%
Sauber: Marcus Ericsson 7 23.33%
Sauber: Charles Leclerc 23 76.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Apr 2018, 19:03 (Ref:3814718)   #51
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
actually a very cool site! thanks for the share on it.
Old 11 Apr 2018, 00:03 (Ref:3814756)   #52
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Excellent work! great site. Will definitely be referring to that again
Old 11 Apr 2018, 09:19 (Ref:3814827)   #53
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Fantastic thanks!

And nobody has ever made that comparison before, lol.
Old 11 Apr 2018, 09:41 (Ref:3814829)   #54
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
But you also said you agreed with the Top Ten list - which placed Ericsson in 9th.

So you don't think he deserves to be on the grid - but is in the top ten of drivers?
Ok, I think I got it figured out now. With the extremely overrated guys like Vettel and the utter garbage like valtieri "butt-ass" on the grid, there are more than 10 drivers that don't belong on the grid, all of which are ranked below Ericsson, who also doesn't belong on the grid, but is a top 10 driver on the grid. Right?

Old 11 Apr 2018, 14:03 (Ref:3814875)   #55
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
And here are the latest Power Rankings...can’t argue with 3 of the top 4

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...ff-vettel.html
Old 11 Apr 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3814876)   #56
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Magnussen really has impressed so far this season
Old 11 Apr 2018, 14:58 (Ref:3814886)   #57
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
Ok, I think I got it figured out now. With the extremely overrated guys like Vettel and the utter garbage like valtieri "butt-ass" on the grid, there are more than 10 drivers that don't belong on the grid, all of which are ranked below Ericsson, who also doesn't belong on the grid, but is a top 10 driver on the grid. Right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
And here are the latest Power Rankings...can’t argue with 3 of the top 4

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...ff-vettel.html
Ahh, I think I follow:

So Ericsson doesn't belong on the grid, and Vettel also does not warrant a place. Which means that Magnussen is the only driver who deserves a place, and the rest of the drivers should find their future elsewhere?

Old 11 Apr 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3814893)   #58
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Ahh, I think I follow:

So Ericsson doesn't belong on the grid, and Vettel also does not warrant a place. Which means that Magnussen is the only driver who deserves a place, and the rest of the drivers should find their future elsewhere?

I think you figured it out! Well done!

Old 11 Apr 2018, 21:45 (Ref:3814935)   #59
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Many say Ericsson is the male version of Carmen Jorda.
Said no one. Ever.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 00:19 (Ref:3814946)   #60
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Ahh, I think I follow:

All hail Kevin, son of Jan! Obviously the best son of a mediocre former 90s driver on the grid...

Is Lulu the third most impressive driver on the grid this year so far? Maybe. Kimi could have a claim to be in that top 4, as could Hulk. Overall, pretty fair rankings thus far.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 05:46 (Ref:3814960)   #61
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It has been what.. almost 50 GP's since he scored a point? The 2015 Italian GP was his last venture into the points if I'm not mistaken. Not good enough. In my opinion.

Ericsson would've scored in Baku last year if it hadn't been for the (as it turns out, completely unnecessary) team order to move over. The haters always seem to conveniently forget that though.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 07:47 (Ref:3814964)   #62
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Ericsson would've scored in Baku last year if it hadn't been for the (as it turns out, completely unnecessary) team order to move over. The haters always seem to conveniently forget that though.
Wehrlein was much faster than Ericsson at the time of the switch, and with Vandoorne closing down on them there was a chance he would pass both Saubers. Ericsson is there to do a job for the team and the best chance of a point was with the faster car, ie Wehrlein.

Wehrlein was able to pull a couple of seconds clear of Ericsson, who crossed the line 0.2 ahead of Vandoorne who was half a second / lap faster. Marcus did what he is paid for, helped the team score a point.

That either of the Sauber's was in a points position was more due to others attrition than pace.

Unfortunately for Marcus, he is more remembered for incidents like when he (some said deliberately) drove into teamate Nasr at Monaco in 2016, resulting in a team DNF.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3814967)   #63
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Well you're only as good as your last performance?

In which case Marcus might be pretty good.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 08:34 (Ref:3814972)   #64
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Wehrlein was much faster than Ericsson at the time of the switch, and with Vandoorne closing down on them there was a chance he would pass both Saubers. Ericsson is there to do a job for the team and the best chance of a point was with the faster car, ie Wehrlein.

Wehrlein was able to pull a couple of seconds clear of Ericsson, who crossed the line 0.2 ahead of Vandoorne who was half a second / lap faster. Marcus did what he is paid for, helped the team score a point.

That either of the Sauber's was in a points position was more due to others attrition than pace.

Unfortunately for Marcus, he is more remembered for incidents like when he (some said deliberately) drove into teamate Nasr at Monaco in 2016, resulting in a team DNF.
C'mon now E.B. Don't go shattering the dreams of the Ericsson fan girls. They are on a high at the moment. So much so you'd think Jesus has returned... as with comments such as "I’ve always believed in Marcus"
49 races in between scoring a single point and apparently the Messiah has returned the way the fan girls are carrying on!

Ericsson has at least lasted longer than Jorda did in F1 as a "driver". So comparing him to Jorda is unfair I must agree. He looks no where near as good in shorts as Jorda does though!
Old 12 Apr 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3814975)   #65
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Here's the proof.

Old 12 Apr 2018, 09:40 (Ref:3814988)   #66
Skam85
Veteran

There’s fans, and then there are people who don’t blindly have unfounded hate for drivers and are trying to ackowledge a good result by having a proper adult discussion. (A discussion that also doesn’t involve using ‘girl’ as a negative)
Old 12 Apr 2018, 10:41 (Ref:3814995)   #67
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
C'mon now E.B. Don't go shattering the dreams of the Ericsson fan girls. They are on a high at the moment. So much so you'd think Jesus has returned... as with comments such as "I’ve always believed in Marcus"
49 races in between scoring a single point and apparently the Messiah has returned the way the fan girls are carrying on!

Ericsson has at least lasted longer than Jorda did in F1 as a "driver". So comparing him to Jorda is unfair I must agree. He looks no where near as good in shorts as Jorda does though!
Is Ericsson not allowed to have fans who are female?
I would imagine any driver would like fan girls, fan boys, fan men and fan women. Could we just refer to them as fans?

I also think Ericsson looks quite good in shorts - in fact to many he looks better than Jorda!
Old 12 Apr 2018, 13:15 (Ref:3815020)   #68
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Well, yeah - Nasr had been given the order to move over as Ericsson was faster, but didn't. Ericsson finally ran out of patience and made an ill-advised attempt to pass.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 17:21 (Ref:3815055)   #69
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Ericsson had a good race in Bahrain, and brought home some points. Good for him. Is he Formula 1 material when you look at people like Antonio Giovinazzi, Lando Norris, George Russell, Pascal Wehrlein, Robert Wickens and Jack Aitken? Very debatable. For me, he’s very close to being a bed-blocker.
Old 12 Apr 2018, 23:20 (Ref:3815117)   #70
Skam85
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Ericsson had a good race in Bahrain, and brought home some points. Good for him. Is he Formula 1 material when you look at people like Antonio Giovinazzi, Lando Norris, George Russell, Pascal Wehrlein, Robert Wickens and Jack Aitken? Very debatable. For me, he’s very close to being a bed-blocker.
In a perfect world all these guys get their shot at F1.

Lando and George will be in F1 soon enough. Wehrlein we all know was unlucky that Williams needed cash over talent. Not that being in a Williams this year seems much better than being in last year's Sauber!
Old 13 Apr 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3815159)   #71
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Not Ericsson's fault that there aren't enough seats in F1 to go around for talented youngsters
Old 13 Apr 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3815169)   #72
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
F1's top ten driver rankings post Australia.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/f...australia.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Don’t know how Ericsson got into the top ten
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Not Ericsson's fault that there aren't enough seats in F1 to go around for talented youngsters

So confusing. At first not sure how Ericsson even got into the top ten, to then Ericsson being a talented driver deserving of a seat in F1??

Old 13 Apr 2018, 10:59 (Ref:3815182)   #73
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
So confusing. At first not sure how Ericsson even got into the top ten, to then Ericsson being a talented driver deserving of a seat in F1??
Quite simple really:

Not sure how only 6 laps earns a position in the ranking - so querying the scoring criteria for the feature.

Overall, feels that Ericsson is one the many talented drivers who could be in F1 if there were more seats available.

IIRC, you were the one who originally made a comment about a single table, based on the results of a single race, is indicative of a driver's overall career performance - whereas everyone else saw the table for what it is - a Liberty feature to promote interest in the sport. I'm sure all of the team managers aren't deciding their 2019 driver line-ups based on the Power Rankings!!

Old 13 Apr 2018, 18:01 (Ref:3815253)   #74
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

It's not confusing at all, you're just trying to cause arguments. Ericsson didn't deserve a top 10 in Australia because he barely completed enough of the race to be granted such an award. However, that doesn't mean he's suddenly not good enough to be in F1.

<- the smilie that goes on the end of a post that you know is going to cause problems.
Old 13 Apr 2018, 23:26 (Ref:3815299)   #75
RWill2073
Veteran

Quote:

Don't try my commenting style. You can't pull it off.

Oh, almost forgot, for akrapovic: