Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 18 Jul 2018, 20:53 (Ref:3837393)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FIA Formula two Hungary 2018

There are a few questions that need answering next weekend, Has F2 found the the cause of the stalling issues and we be back to standing starts?, Who will take the fired driver place?
Who will get pole?
and who will get the race wins?
Old 19 Jul 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3837551)   #2
cds70uk
Rookie

United Kingdom
cds70uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the chances of someone like Giovinazzi ending up in the Trident seat rather than one of their GP3 drivers moving up?
Old 20 Jul 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3837668)   #3
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cds70uk View Post
What are the chances of someone like Giovinazzi ending up in the Trident seat rather than one of their GP3 drivers moving up?

Why would he take that risk? And who would finance that?
Old 20 Jul 2018, 11:52 (Ref:3837676)   #4
cds70uk
Rookie

United Kingdom
cds70uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Why would he take that risk? And who would finance that?
No risk for him, race laps rather than simulator/free practice laps. I would assume Ferrari would foot the bill, as I said, what are the chances.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3837677)   #5
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Lots of risk for him. Can’t see why he’d do it.
Old 20 Jul 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3837746)   #6
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
He has nothing to gain to return to second league nor Ferrari will foot the bill. Save your skin from the corrosive acids from the mouths of toxic people.
Old 24 Jul 2018, 10:16 (Ref:3838460)   #7
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Alessio Lorandi is in for Ferrucci. http://www.fiaformula2.com/News-Room...-with-Trident/

He never impressed in FIA F3 or GP3. He will struggle here too.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3839316)   #8
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
More SC starts, honestly wtf is this series?

George Russell gets the first problem, doesn't make it to the grid.

OMG conditions are soooooo bad.......

Last edited by tux; 28 Jul 2018 at 14:49.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 14:43 (Ref:3839318)   #9
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cue groans, SC start but this time its due to rain
Old 28 Jul 2018, 14:53 (Ref:3839324)   #10
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ok so, now we have a standing start once the SC comes in. Im sorry for moaning, im a miserable person.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 01:26 (Ref:3839678)   #11
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good race though, I love to see a big comeback like Norris did when it was wet and then De Vries did when it was dry. Must have been set up though Norris all wets, De Vries all dry. Camara was probably set up for dry as well.

Norris really needed that because with only 1 win so far he must be on the verge of losing that seat. Feel for Russell though who deserves the championship and just when you think his bad luck is over with nope technical problem puts him out and probably no points this weekend.

Bit of a post race meltdown from Fuoco on the radio wasn't it? Not as bad as Maini's though.Speaking of which he finally gets that psycho team mate out of Trident yet only finishes a second ahead of Lorandi.
Old 7 Aug 2018, 06:25 (Ref:3841997)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Norris close to losing his seat?! I don't think so Razzor!
Old 7 Aug 2018, 06:42 (Ref:3841998)   #13
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Oh I mean the McLaren seat. The slim chance he had of getting it replacing either Alonso or Vandoorne are lessening don't you think? Especially if Sainz joins so they're going to replace both Alonso (if he goes to Indycar or RB, it's really Alonso's choice) AND Vandoorne with a Lando Norris who's probably only had about an 7/10 season so far. They're still banking on his F3 season where he beat Prema, but so did Eriksson and Prema's 2017 lineup wasn't really star-studded.

Might have to just do the practise sessions for a season...
Old 7 Aug 2018, 07:30 (Ref:3842005)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Or find another seat somewhere
Old 8 Aug 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3842301)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
It's pretty clear Norris is very good and is still learning imo. His raw pace and feel for the car is phenomenal. As demonstrated by the wet track stuff last Saturday in Hungary.

This may or may not be thnaks in part to 1000s of km tyre testing he has done, but hey he still has to deliver the goods, which by and large he has done.

I suspect unless he gets subbed to another F1 team it will be another year of F2 for him (or unless he beats Russell and Albon to the title)

I still don't get all the negative fuss about Stoffel, we know the guy is ace, but he is in a hiding to nothing situation as McLaren currently. That is for another thread through!!!!
Old 10 Aug 2018, 02:53 (Ref:3842685)   #16
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
It's pretty clear Norris is very good and is still learning imo. His raw pace and feel for the car is phenomenal. As demonstrated by the wet track stuff last Saturday in Hungary.

This may or may not be thnaks in part to 1000s of km tyre testing he has done, but hey he still has to deliver the goods, which by and large he has done.

I suspect unless he gets subbed to another F1 team it will be another year of F2 for him (or unless he beats Russell and Albon to the title)

I still don't get all the negative fuss about Stoffel, we know the guy is ace, but he is in a hiding to nothing situation as McLaren currently. That is for another thread through!!!!

I know Stoffel is a mega talent just because he hasn't beaten Alonso yet and now he's being forgotten about by everyone. Isn't he the closest on laptime to Alonso of all his recent team mates? The last few races they obviously had something wrong with the car, you can't blame Stoff. Alonso may just never get to that point where team mates are starting to beat him, he may retire before then. Unlike Schumacher.

If it's Alonso and Sainz at McLaren next year, I do wonder what will happen with Norris and Vandoorne, they both should be in F1. Perhaps they could end up at Williams or Sauber alongside Sirotkin and Leclerc.

Although I suppose another year of F2 or maybe something like Super Formula will help him gain experience. If Russell wins the title he's 100% ready for F1 he shouldn't be put off another year, but I suppose that's what happened Vandoorne.
Old 11 Aug 2018, 13:08 (Ref:3842965)   #17
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

Better stay where he is than move up and be a number 2 driver to Alonso.
Old 11 Aug 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3843066)   #18
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see Norris staying another season too, it might be better for him, as the talent is still there