Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Nov 2018, 12:54 (Ref:3864987)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
F2 Abu Dhabi season finale

Any news ahead of this weekend?
Old 22 Nov 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3865043)   #2
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
old news probably: Gunther out & Ticktum in at Arden.
That's all I can think of.
Old 22 Nov 2018, 17:31 (Ref:3865056)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
interested to see how ticktum does this weekend, though i'm not sure if he's done any testing (private or otherwise) in anything similar to prepare during the season?
Old 23 Nov 2018, 14:26 (Ref:3865232)   #4
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Also struggling was F2 debutant Dan Ticktum, who replaces Maximilian Gunther at Arden this weekend off the back of a second Macau Grand Prix win last week. He propped up the order, 2.5s off Russell’s fastest time.

Off to a bad start!
Old 23 Nov 2018, 15:30 (Ref:3865247)   #5
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juntos View Post
Off to a bad start!
Well, we all know Dan is quick so this ridiculous time gap illustrates how absurd this series has become.

I heard that Niko Kari basically observed that the tyres are the deciding issue in F2 (so in a way good prep for F1) but I think it is far far more important for real talent to be able to shine through unimpeded on the way to F1.

Tyre management and other percentage/strategy nonsense can be learnt in simulators and free practice sessions when they get to F1.

Oh no, i've ranted again!
Old 24 Nov 2018, 16:52 (Ref:3865474)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

That startline shunt was huge!

Albon stalling handed the title to Russell before any competitive driving even started.

Ticktum gave a good account of himself I thought?

The tyre deg stuff is ruining the racing though imo.
Old 24 Nov 2018, 18:06 (Ref:3865489)   #7
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Knowing that Arden is not a top team in Formula 2, Dan's result is quite acceptable.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3865671)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
George deserves the title after a great season.
Old 25 Nov 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3865796)   #9
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
George deserves the title after a great season.

Very true. Lando Norris was never a title contender ...
Old 25 Nov 2018, 18:45 (Ref:3865809)   #10
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news on who is taking part in the tests yet?