Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Jan 2019, 22:56 (Ref:3877817)   #51
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
...what Porsche races as a lumberjack?..
number 9
http://www.instagram.com/p/Bs4JyN5AmKc/

Last edited by HighParker; 22 Jan 2019 at 23:05.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 23:21 (Ref:3877819)   #52
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Ok, what Porsche races as a lumberjack? And the Castrol GT doesn't look too bad on the car, it's still a GT but it works.

S365 gallery from today's load-in, https://sportscar365.com/features/ph...s-break-cover/
Proper colors, but a little strange for a racecar. Wonder if it is indeed something to do with Paul Bunyan.

Just read up a little on PFAFF Motorsports. A couple of decent young drivers from Canada, eh. Good luck to them! Should feel like summer this weekend for them.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3877823)   #53
JoeF
Rookie

JoeF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Peter Gregg always had his driver's seat covered with Black Watch Plaid.
Old 22 Jan 2019, 23:58 (Ref:3877824)   #54
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
He's a lumberjack, and he's ok! The larch, the fir.

I am wondering if the next throwback livery could be...Mazda. Just reminded that this is the 40th anniversary of the Mazda RX-7 win (GTU) on debut at D24. White with green stripes.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:11 (Ref:3877932)   #55
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Corvettes were Goodwrench colours in 1999. There's no way anyone expected millennium yellow to be used for 20 years.
I really liked that silver and black livery, very classy, IMO. One time, I went from driving a red car to driving a silver car. With the red car, I can't remember people doing stupid stuff like pulling out in front of me or changing lanes when I was there. With the silver car, I started to always drive with my lights on and it seemed to reduce that happening as much.

My deduction, people don't see silver cars as they blend in with the road or sky! They do see yellow and red cars better, though. Results of my unscientific study.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:14 (Ref:3877933)   #56
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbsmith View Post
Corvettes were Goodwrench colours in 1999. There's no way anyone expected millennium yellow to be used for 20 years.
Also meant to say, I was there at RA when Corvette brought this car to PLM. I had some photos of Andy Pilgrim in the car. Showed the photos to the folks at the Corvette Museum in Bowling Green and they didn't have any like them at the time so I donated mine to them. That was about a year before the big cave-in.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3877934)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
I really liked that silver and black livery, very classy, IMO. One time, I went from driving a red car to driving a silver car. With the red car, I can't remember people doing stupid stuff like pulling out in front of me or changing lanes when I was there. With the silver car, I started to always drive with my lights on and it seemed to reduce that happening as much.

My deduction, people don't see silver cars as they blend in with the road or sky! They do see yellow and red cars better, though. Results of my unscientific study.
Great look, black and gray/silver on anything but that look is pretty awesome.

And coming from someone who has owned just about ALL gray/silver vehicles; headlights ablaze ALWAYS, especially on highways.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:22 (Ref:3877936)   #58
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Great look, black and gray/silver on anything but that look is pretty awesome.

And coming from someone who has owned just about ALL gray/silver vehicles; headlights ablaze ALWAYS, especially on highways.
Now if you could just convince others. Nothing worse than silver or that tan/"champagne" color in the misty rain without lights, they just appear out of nowhere.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:24 (Ref:3877937)   #59
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And it's Brumos for the factory Porsches this weekend

Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:27 (Ref:3877939)   #60
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
And it's Brumos for the factory Porsches this weekend

YEAH!!! Called it but good call and nice tribute from Zee Germans.

Quote:
Now if you could just convince others. Nothing worse than silver or that tan/"champagne" color in the misty rain without lights, they just appear out of nowhere.
yeah, I flash lights angrily at those folks. Its the law to have lights on in those conditions...
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:49 (Ref:3877943)   #61
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I'm not as impressed with this Porsche livery honestly. I would have preferred sticking with the factory livery. I think the special liveries have been overdone now. Hopefully at Sebring and the rest of the year including Le Mans we go back to the white, black, and red.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:57 (Ref:3877944)   #62
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
The Porsches keep the livery for the 36 Hours of Florida, so you will see it again at Sebring. The red and blue stripes/sweeps are made up of a grid of "59s" it really is a clever design celebrating history
Old 23 Jan 2019, 14:59 (Ref:3877945)   #63
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Actually it is only the main stripes
Old 23 Jan 2019, 15:10 (Ref:3877947)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I'm not as impressed with this Porsche livery honestly. I would have preferred sticking with the factory livery. I think the special liveries have been overdone now. Hopefully at Sebring and the rest of the year including Le Mans we go back to the white, black, and red.
Speaking personally, I disagree. Bring 'em on, I say. I find the white, black and red deadly dull..... I'd love to see another set of retro liveries at Le Mans.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 15:44 (Ref:3877960)   #65
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I love the Brumos livery. But I hate the factory one personally, so this suits me fine!
Old 23 Jan 2019, 15:52 (Ref:3877964)   #66
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
GT Porsche, Brumos and the Florida races IS American sportscar racing. It's a fitting tribute as the others synonymous with the 36 hours of Florida, have already been done and were really proto liveries.

Edit:
I also don't think Brumos colors ever made it to the Little Old Country road race in France (although I could be wrong), so I'm sure there will be something different there...

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 23 Jan 2019 at 16:01.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 16:10 (Ref:3877969)   #67
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I love the Brumos livery. But I hate the factory one personally, so this suits me fine!

https://autoweek.com/article/car-new...on-carrera-gts
And before (not IMSA)...
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

Last edited by jimclark; 23 Jan 2019 at 16:15.

jimclark
Old 23 Jan 2019, 16:47 (Ref:3877978)   #68
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Edit:
I also don't think Brumos colors ever made it to the Little Old Country road race in France (although I could be wrong), so I'm sure there will be something different there...
Correctomundo. Not for the 24 in June, anyhow. However, the colours made it over there in 2012 for the Classic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjWzAj05HoI
https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...act=mrc&uact=8

(btw, why would the colours be Brumos in France? le Mans is ACO, not IMSA. )

jimclark
Old 23 Jan 2019, 16:55 (Ref:3877982)   #69
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post

(btw, why would the colours be Brumos in France? le Mans is ACO, not IMSA. )
No kidding! It was mentioned in response to the mentioning of more classic liveries at LeMans.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 20:46 (Ref:3878040)   #70
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And one of the GTD Porsches suddenly bursts into a rendition of Monty Python's Lumberjack Song.

https://twitter.com/marshallpruett/s...23574068629504
Old 23 Jan 2019, 21:45 (Ref:3878052)   #71
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Where's this classic livery?
Ok, Mercury is gone but come on Ford try something new? Or maybe it's just the allure of that bat-excrement crazy car at Daytona

Although I'm guessing some of us would just enjoy watching Mark Martin pedal that around Daytona again. From Racer's mark martin Daytona win article, "Assigned to the No. 11 Mercury with the crazy pairing of Wally Dallenbach Jr. and Dorsey Schroeder, Martin was not going to refuse the invitation by Jack Roush, his NASCAR team owner, as part of the factory Ford/Lincoln-Mercury program. Martin’s nerves, it turns out, were being worn by learning how to drive a high-powered IMSA GTO machine after years of mastering specialized stock car equipment."
Old 23 Jan 2019, 22:48 (Ref:3878063)   #72
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
This could be terrible, from S365 notebook:

***Ford Chip Ganassi Racing’s drivers and mechanics have been growing out mustaches in line with the historic liveries donning the Nos. 66 and 67 Ford GTs this weekend.
Old 23 Jan 2019, 23:08 (Ref:3878064)   #73
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
This could be terrible, from S365 notebook:

***Ford Chip Ganassi Racing’s drivers and mechanics have been growing out mustaches in line with the historic liveries donning the Nos. 66 and 67 Ford GTs this weekend.
The world needs more moustaches. I support this growth but not Ganassi or his Prototypes.
Old 24 Jan 2019, 00:37 (Ref:3878077)   #74
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
They would just be driving around thinking, "I've got a mustache, I've got a mustache."
Old 24 Jan 2019, 06:38 (Ref:3878104)   #75
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The world needs more moustaches. I support this growth but not Ganassi or his Prototypes.
When did they go back to DPi? You can actually buy a Ford GT, if you have about $400k, so I don't get the "prototype" comments. I don't support the team either but I'd rather have the Fords than not.