Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 15 Mar 2002, 16:31 (Ref:235765)   #1
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sky Sports to show LIVE CART .

So it looks like Sky are going to show live Cart then . It looks hopefull which is much better news than we were havin a few weeks ago . Autosport.com are reporting it although its not offically confirmed yet , but surly its only a matter of time now until we get Live Cart on British TV again.
Old 15 Mar 2002, 18:12 (Ref:235845)   #2
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what i've heard they are going to show LIVE races when it fits in their schedule. They're also doing highlights and having studio analysts (not during the race, please!!).

Jeremy Shaw is said to be commentating, I think Leigh Diffey may be too.
Old 15 Mar 2002, 18:19 (Ref:235854)   #3
touring fan
Rookie

touring fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yep. Jeremy Shaw and Leigh Diffey will be commentating as they do the comentary for the international TV feed. Studio analysts (probably Keith Huewen plus Cris tate/a british driver) will probably be as they are for IRL, talking a bit before the race, after and when the tv feed is on a break but sky aren't.
Old 15 Mar 2002, 19:25 (Ref:235901)   #4
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news, Autosport can usually be trusted for what they write.

That's all I want really, just a chance to see the whole race, I don't mind (too much) if its a couple of days late. Live would be great of course and when sky sports cover something, they usually cover it quite well.
Old 15 Mar 2002, 21:10 (Ref:235954)   #5
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very ****ed off at Eurosport. The motorsport coverage steadilly dies more every year. Not eveyone likes tennis!!!!
Old 16 Mar 2002, 11:19 (Ref:236315)   #6
SILVERS95
Veteran

SILVERS95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
be a shame though if they dont show all the races live . afterall , they have got 4 Sky Sports channels to play with , so surely it fitting their schedules shouldnt be to much of a problem.
Old 16 Mar 2002, 16:31 (Ref:236527)   #7
Rambo
Racer

Rambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You would've thought, wouldn't you?
Old 16 Mar 2002, 21:04 (Ref:236765)   #8
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GREAT!!!

I don't have and can't afford to have Sky Sports. So this means I'm totally messed up.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 14:01 (Ref:237455)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hakkiman , You could always try and get hold of a 2nd hand ON-DIGITAL set top box and just subscribe to a couple of the sports channels through ITV Digital .

just a thought.
Old 17 Mar 2002, 23:25 (Ref:237900)   #10
Ian-S
Racer

Ian-S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It could be that the ones they don't show live will be the German and Rockingham races, like Eurosport last year.

Either way it's good news
Old 18 Mar 2002, 16:41 (Ref:238488)   #11
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my own selfish point of view, this is a bad thing. If CART is really going down the lines of F1 and entering into separate TV agreements for individual countries rather than having the races broadcast on a pan-European network, then there is no way people in smaller less well-off countries will ever get to see the races live any more. I mean, what interest has CART got in selling its product to an Estonian TV station? Very little. And what interest would any Estonian TV stations have in buying the rights to show the races? Even less, as the audience here is small and most of the races would fill prime-time Sunday evening slots when they would normally be showing films.

Still, I suppose there is still hope on the Eurosport front. If Sky are showing the races, British Eurosport presumably won't be able to, but what about Eurosport International? R, have you got any way of seeing the races live in Norway?
Old 19 Mar 2002, 00:32 (Ref:238853)   #12
Ian-S
Racer

Guys, if you're talking about Eurosport International, then I presume you've got Satellite? Just find ABMoteurs on Astra 19E and watch it on there, it's free to air.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 01:19 (Ref:238889)   #13
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I couldn't help but chuckle - I found out the news by watching Sky's IRL broadcast last night!

The first Sky live broadcast will be Milwaukee, and they're going to do live shows whenever it doesn't clash with an IRL fixture.

(I'll bet there's a contractual issue lurking there.)

On those dates, there will be a recorded show, a la Channel 5 last year, on the Monday or Tuesday following.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 12:29 (Ref:239226)   #14
Laagri
Racer

Laagri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Ian-S
Guys, if you're talking about Eurosport International, then I presume you've got Satellite? Just find ABMoteurs on Astra 19E and watch it on there, it's free to air.
Nope Ian, 'fraid I haven't. Cable is much more common here, and that's what I've got too. It's OK, but the selection of channels is rather limited compared to satellite.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 14:07 (Ref:239307)   #15
Logan
Rookie

Logan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I presume Eurosport will continue to show its week delayed 1hr highlights programme - although I had to wait till 11pm for the Monterrey race last Sunday cause of live footie!!

Logan.
Old 19 Mar 2002, 20:47 (Ref:239616)   #16
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Anyone notice the Eurosport link man talking about the opening CART race from California?

Only Eurosport....
Old 21 Mar 2002, 03:06 (Ref:240530)   #17
Ian-S
Racer

If you read between the lines of Motoring News this week, Sky are only showing THREE races live, hardly something to shout about, oh well, back to combined CART.com and ABMoteurs coverage....

Quote:
Sky Sports will show live CART later in the Year. The first race to be screened live is the Miller Lite 250 from Milwaukee on June 2. The Station has confirmed that other rounds held in June at Laguna Seca and the Chicago oval will also be shown as the happen.
Page 8, News in Brief.
Old 21 Mar 2002, 13:23 (Ref:240849)   #18
touring fan
Rookie

Any live races is something to shourt about compared to the farce that is Eurosport. Plus, some of the races that aren't live are going to be shown as full delayed coverage so at least we will get to see more than just hour long shows that don't come on when they're meant to!
Old 21 Mar 2002, 21:27 (Ref:241103)   #19
M Coupe
Racer

M Coupe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ian-S

I thought I read somewhere that the BBC were showing the European rounds?

Colin McRae 1968-2007
Old 22 Mar 2002, 00:50 (Ref:241253)   #20
rollhoop
Rookie

rollhoop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel bad for you guys in the UK. That sounds like the same coverage we used to get of Formula 1 here in the States. If I could do it I would give you guys SpeedChannel and in return I would love to have SkySports. The coverage of the EPL and Cricket here is BRUTAL at best.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 02:18 (Ref:241279)   #21
Ian-S
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by M Coupe
Ian-S

I thought I read somewhere that the BBC were showing the European rounds?
Yes, Think so too, but not Live (Rockingham anyway) - good marketing ploy, if you can't watch it live, you'll pay to go and watch it live (not my thoughts I might add).

As I've said before, only ABMoteurs have the rights to show every race live, even Premiere World isn't showing the IRL live this weekend, only Sky and AB.

Agreed touringfan, but in this world, when I can tune in and watch major disasters live on my TV, the least I want to do is watch CART & IRL live too (especially as I know there is a live feed), if I can't watch it live, then I'll listen, because there's nothing like being there in spirit, and by doing that the re-live is ruined because I'll know what happens, so I won't be watching Sky...

Last edited by Ian-S; 22 Mar 2002 at 02:19.
Old 22 Mar 2002, 18:26 (Ref:241787)   #22
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to be honest , watching the live feed from abmotuers with the sound turned up on Cart.com was pretty good...there was about a 10 second delay on the sound but it really was fine.
Old 23 Mar 2002, 11:44 (Ref:242287)   #23
touring fan
Rookie

I couldn't get the audio feed last time and hit a snag wth finding AB Motours so it ended up with my mum and I stood around the computer screen watching the timing sheets and the little comments at the bottom. Then I got disconnected with 4 laps to go and had to rush to get it back online before the end. I think I'll take sky!
Old 24 Mar 2002, 19:20 (Ref:242992)   #24
Ian-S
Racer

I had a problem with the audio too, it was something to do with my firewall/internet setting for ActiveX controls.
Old 24 Mar 2002, 19:48 (Ref:243036)   #25
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least I'm going to the Rockingham meeting, so I will get to see some LIVE action this year.