Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:28 (Ref:1342754)   #1
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Word from Paris

Still early, but doesn't sound good. Link

Ted
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:36 (Ref:1342760)   #2
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, that link doesn't paint a rosey picture.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1342763)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd suggest that article is highly speculative, so that if drastic action is taken they can claim "as we told you first"....

We won't know anything until the official announcements, I'm sure.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:38 (Ref:1342765)   #4
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Speculation so far. But as you say, sounds negative. I love the fact PS was refused entry - just who does he thing he is?!

BAR is already serving a suspended ban for their naughty fuel tank, so if this is seen as an infringement of those conditions then a further ban for them should be expected. If they want to take their ball home and sulk about it then so be it - but it would be a cruel blow to the rest of F1.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:41 (Ref:1342768)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't believe there's a need for any punishments.

Michelin's tyres in Indy weren't up to the job - the cars retired and scored no points.

Bridgestone's tyres did the business - they finished 1st to 6th.

End of story - both got the outcome they deserved, that's sport.

Then move on to the next race.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:44 (Ref:1342769)   #6
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I suspect that if BAR have the suspended ban brought into effect and the F1 teams stick together if the punishments dished out by the FIA (Fumbling Idiots Association) are draconian, then we could be seeing the end of this years championship.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:50 (Ref:1342778)   #7
pole2pole
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Belfast
pole2pole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That sounds pretty bad to me. In fact its shocking
Old 29 Jun 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1342784)   #8
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=33282
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:01 (Ref:1342787)   #9
lusdekkar
Rookie

Australia
Australia
lusdekkar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish the FIA would put indy behind them. No good will come from banning BAR. The losers will be the fans.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:02 (Ref:1342789)   #10
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Quote:
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=33282
Stoddart: signs not good for Michelin Teams
What would he know? - he was refused entry to the hearing! He's just banging his drum again. I've got a message for Stoddart.

Shut the **** up you gobby ****!
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:06 (Ref:1342793)   #11
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lusdekkar
I wish the FIA would put indy behind them.
Why?

What good would it do, to first invite the teams to come to Paris, and then to decide to cancel the hearing?

Now that they have brought the teams to Paris, speaking with all of them was precisely the thing they had to do.

-----

I wonder:
- Was this hearing a way for the FIA to get more information?
- Or was it a way ot telling the teams something?
- Or was it meant for 2-way communication?

Did the hearing consist of only those 10-minute talks?
Or was that just the start of the hearing?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1342794)   #12
mark_l
Veteran

England
Stoddy has been talking to the teams involved. If he does not have an insiders view then I don't know who does.

You may not like what Paul has to say but at least he has the balls to say it.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1342796)   #13
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon
What would he know? - he was refused entry to the hearing!
As far as I know, what he said was based on what the teams told him when they came out of the hearing.

And as the teams had not yet told us what they told him, Stoddard in fact *was* in a position to tell us something.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:10 (Ref:1342797)   #14
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l
Stoddy has been talking to the teams involved. If he does not have an insiders view then I don't know who does.

You may not like what Paul has to say but at least he has the balls to say it.
Has he? I think he's simply shooting his mouth off for his own ends. I find it extremely hard to believe that the likes of Williams or Dennis would confide in him.

You're right, I usually don't like what he has to say - but that's because usually he's talking out of his arse.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1342801)   #15
mark_l
Veteran

England
If the teams were called in to the WMSC at 10 minute intervals it does sound like the guilt and punishment had been decided before the teams walked through the doors.

Could the teams appeal the WMSC decision and take the case to the FIA court of appeal?
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1342805)   #16
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Back to Stoddart - his Oz court case effectively was about whether FIA decisions have any legal basis - right now in Paris Max should be up talking and since this issue is not about Indy nor about Stoddart but about the future of F1 we ought to just take a step back and see what he says
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1342806)   #17
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l
If the teams were called in to the WMSC at 10 minute intervals it does sound like the guilt and punishment had been decided before the teams walked through the doors.
That's true, but it clashes with what Mosley already said...

Quote:
But he has since insisted there would be no witch-hunt at Wednesday's hearing.

He said: "We will listen carefully to what the teams have to say.

"There are two sides to every story and the seven teams must have a full opportunity to tell theirs. The atmosphere will be calm and polite."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/4631523.stm
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1342808)   #18
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Has he? I think he's simply shooting his mouth off for his own ends. I find it extremely hard to believe that the likes of Williams or Dennis would confide in him.
It sounds to me as if (at least) *some* of the teams *did* speak to him after coming out of the hearing.

And it sounds as if he got some information that he does not want to spread yet (presumably because he isn't allowed to (yet).

But in fact he was only telling us something about the "general feeling".
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1342810)   #19
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
On itv-F1 site Max has hinted at banning Michelin from the French GP. Another 6 car "race"??
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1342811)   #20
Pingguest
Veteran

Netherlands
Heemstede, The Netherlands
Pingguest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to the websites, there will be a press conference at 15:00 Paris time. It's now 15:20 Paris Time...
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1342812)   #21
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
It just strikes me that if *some* of the teams have decided to use Stoddart as their mouthpiece, then either they're not very bright or they *want* to make things worse for F1.

If I was one of the Michelin team owners, I certainly wouldn't want him operating as my spokesman, nominated or not.
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1342814)   #22
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
According to the websites, there will be a press conference at 15:00 Paris time. It's now 15:20 Paris Time...
Max wont have finished bashing his gnashers yet, its only a matter of time
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1342816)   #23
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pingguest
That sounds as if the press conference is underway.

Maybe some people from the press did have some question.

Or maybe they needed some time to explain what had happened, and why a decision has been made (or why no decision has been made yet).

I would not expect a press conference about an intricate situation like this to end within 5 minutes ...
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1342817)   #24
mark_l
Veteran

England
Teams found guilty of bringing sport in to disrepute according to BBC news ticker
Old 29 Jun 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1342818)   #25
Don K
Veteran

Quote:
It just strikes me that if *some* of the teams have decided to use Stoddart as their mouthpiece, then either they're not very bright or they *want* to make things worse for F1.

If I was one of the Michelin team owners, I certainly wouldn't want him operating as my spokesman, nominated or not.
Maybe they just told him something like "I do not want to talk to you now."
That would still be enough to tell Stoddard something about the general feeling.