Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 1 Jun 2018, 23:40 (Ref:3826141)   #126
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Le Mans test day preview? I’m not sure I recall that even from your avatar days.

Enough issues with WEC/ACO and Alonso to merit a even a mere hint that something was happen in LM.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 17:55 (Ref:3827694)   #127
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s a week before Le Mans and all Autosport can do is run a load of retrospectives looking back at old races. Mazda’s win, Jaguar’s 1988 win. It’s a joke, and they are behind a paywall.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 18:36 (Ref:3827709)   #128
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
It’s a week before Le Mans and all Autosport can do is run a load of retrospectives looking back at old races. Mazda’s win, Jaguar’s 1988 win. It’s a joke, and they are behind a paywall.

True. Like they have nothing to report nowadays. Well, it is much easy for the so-called journos to go back to archives and do the usual copy-paste.
Old 8 Jun 2018, 21:28 (Ref:3827742)   #129
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One is a new interview with Nigel Stroud the other a recent chat with those involved in the ‘88 win. Both articles are good.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 22:26 (Ref:3827879)   #130
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker

Quote:
One is a new interview with Nigel Stroud the other a recent chat with those involved in the ‘88 win. Both articles are good.
Articles are good but that's history. Autosport was supposed to focus on present. Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 23:49 (Ref:3827889)   #131
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Nice present gift action.
Old 9 Jun 2018, 23:59 (Ref:3827891)   #132
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Maybe the focus is on F1/WRC as they are running this weekend and the focus then switches to LM for next weekend once this weekend is done?
Old 21 Jun 2018, 16:10 (Ref:3832355)   #133
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So, as expected, Autosport have headlined on Alonso winning Le Mans. No surprise there, but 'Nakajima and Buemi help Toyota to end it's curse'.......? Oh dear oh dear.

And then they say that Toyota didn't really beat Le Mans because of having no factory opposition.

Time for the editor to come back on here and explain himself......
Attached Thumbnails
0056a669.jpg  
Old 21 Jun 2018, 16:25 (Ref:3832356)   #134
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I am so glad I finally remembered to cancel my 30+ year old subscription to the magazine last week. Does anyone think I should hang on the the 4 unwrapped issues that are sitting on my desk, will they become collectors items and worth a fortune?
Old 21 Jun 2018, 23:16 (Ref:3832423)   #135
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am getting increasingly frustrated with having to wait all day for them to put the magazine online, especially as I subscribe online. With regards to the front cover, that is to sell, see what’s inside before judging
Old 22 Jun 2018, 10:07 (Ref:3832465)   #136
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I am getting increasingly frustrated with having to wait all day for them to put the magazine online, especially as I subscribe online. With regards to the front cover, that is to sell, see what’s inside before judging
No, I don't care to. Yes, I'll buy it, because I always buy the Le Mans supplement edition and the race report edition each year. The front cover, despite being there to sell, should not have comments such as it does. If anything, it debases the magazine itself in the eyes of those readers who don't care to be herded like sheep....
Old 22 Jun 2018, 11:44 (Ref:3832484)   #137
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's not a myth really, when I worked in the industry, hours upon hours were spent on front covers, and lfar less attention given to content.

It's why people don't buy the damn things anymore, emperors new clothes.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 16:20 (Ref:3832527)   #138
loon
Racer

loon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridloon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Autosport were always going to splash the Alonso headline despite it only being his second drive for Toyota, the real human interest story would have been that I 85 on Toyota's first attempt to win the race Satoru Nakajima led the driver line up and all these years later when they finally win the race his son Kazuki crosses the finishing line.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3832536)   #139
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now wouldn't that have been a good story line....? Thanks for the info.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3832569)   #140
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I’d have gone with the simple “Alonso wins Le Mans!” On the cover. Massive letters. With the sub headline “in some sort of car”. Mainly to annoy.

Hopefully it means more pick up a copy and experience our sport.

Although the real headline is that Ayesdasi and chunder agree on something.

More seriously. I’ve not read much of it, but so far it’s as good as the dedicated sportscar press in prose.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3832571)   #141
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Although the real headline is that Ayesdasi and chunder agree on something.
I'm sure I recall us agreeing about something else 4-5 years ago......
Old 22 Jun 2018, 20:27 (Ref:3832573)   #142
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 23 Jun 2018, 19:28 (Ref:3832721)   #143
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have war,ed to endurance racing in recent years actually, although LM this year was pretty abysmal.

But, other events like Bathurst and a few others have held my attention far longer than they used to.

You have to expect Hayshed to go on about it, I would imagine Brown probably said "make it so"
Old 27 Jun 2018, 13:49 (Ref:3833326)   #144
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I have not really used it is a source for anything

All I do use it for now is their forum which is great for a wind up, thought utterly obsessed with F1.

and where this one used to be 10 years ago before it fell on its arse.
Agree completely, that's why I retired from there.
Old 9 Aug 2018, 16:07 (Ref:3842559)   #145
Fiorentina 1
Veteran

United States
Calabasas Hills, California
Fiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFiorentina 1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I found this quite funny; especially since they are both on the Newsstands at the same time, sometimes right next to each other.
Attached Thumbnails
Screen Shot 2018-08-08 at 10.50.03 PM.png  
Old 9 Aug 2018, 18:18 (Ref:3842583)   #146
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorentina 1 View Post
I found this quite funny; especially since they are both on the Newsstands at the same time, sometimes right next to each other.
The joys of a weekly publication over a monthly one.

I do think the journalists, as they are predominantly the same for both mags, should of done some off the record research as the deal won't of been done since the current issue of F1 hit the stands.

There are too many sponsors of both teams to inform for the negotiations to have been done in a couple of weeks.

Maybe the journalists couldn't find the story to copy and paste before the current issue of F1 racing went to print.
Old 3 Sep 2018, 17:58 (Ref:3847940)   #147
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
There is an error in this article.
https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...-brands-record

They mention that Brands Hatch Graham Hill bend was remodelled in 2003, but it wasn't, it was 1999, (well, the winter of 1998/1999).
Old 4 Sep 2018, 14:28 (Ref:3848148)   #148
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe they mean Dingle Dell/Sheene Curves
Old 23 Oct 2018, 08:16 (Ref:3858566)   #149
P3ndula
Racer

Serbia
London
P3ndula should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember buying Autosport just to read about a winter shakedown at a snowy Silverstone of a new car. These days every car is unveiled within a two week period and if you paint a Force India in Mercedes colours I won't be able to tell the difference.
The current gen drivers are young and don't have very much to say eg Russell: " “Formula One has been my lifelong ambition and dream so to finally get this opportunity". Lifelong ambition ? You're 19 !
You can go on and on but Autosport is not entirely to blame for the declining interest. F1 is not what it used to be.
Old 23 Oct 2018, 13:20 (Ref:3858621)   #150
S griffin
Veteran

To be fair you only see significant differences between the cars these days if there is a major rule change, like 09 and 14