Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 12 Feb 2009, 17:08 (Ref:2396257)   #76
RF_Racer
Veteran

RF_Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will not be bothering with these expensive systems.. If mobile technology gets better interms of video performance I will stick to that for now...

I will just use my phone....
Old 15 Feb 2009, 08:17 (Ref:2397717)   #77
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
What ever you do dont be tempted to buy a 2nd hand JVC G series machine they are plagued with problems. I had one fixed now its developed another so i have trashed it.
Old 20 Feb 2009, 11:29 (Ref:2400749)   #78
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Just a quick note to say that it is now possible to have a matchbox sized HD (720p) high quality video camera (because we have them here as prototypes) saving to microSD card. Cheap too. Includes a HDMI connection and accelerometers.

No idea if they will ever make it to market, but I hope to try one on the race car when I finishing rebuilding it (the car, not the camera).

James
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 2 Mar 2009, 23:43 (Ref:2407715)   #79
PTRACER
Racer

England
Romford, Essex, U.K.
PTRACER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is anyone here running a DogCam Pro wired into a miniDV camcorder? Or any bullet cam wired into a miniDV camcorder? Can a camcorder easily be secured inside a single seater?
Old 3 Mar 2009, 00:09 (Ref:2407732)   #80
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRACER View Post
Or any bullet cam wired into a miniDV ?
Only ones with AV in connections (most haven't )
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 3 Mar 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2407741)   #81
PTRACER
Racer

England
Romford, Essex, U.K.
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a miniDV camcorder and bullet cam eventually, I was just wondering if the camcorders can be put inside a single seater easily enough.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 08:53 (Ref:2407879)   #82
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
My JVC one would have accepted a Bullet Cam as it had AV in and out which is why I bought it but the bloody thing has packed up on me and I launched it into the dustbin in a fit of rage! Apparantly the pathetic reason that most no longer come with AV in/out is down to the idiots in Brussels deeming it as a video recorder not a camera if it has recording off TV capabilities, this then sticks a few quid on the sticker price.
Old 3 Mar 2009, 10:23 (Ref:2407931)   #83
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PTRACER View Post
Yeah, I'm thinking of getting a miniDV camcorder and bullet cam eventually, I was just wondering if the camcorders can be put inside a single seater easily enough.
I have just bought a DogCam and I am having a new loom made to incorporate it.. Will let you know how we go - can give you details of wiring guy if needed PM me...
Old 3 Mar 2009, 16:10 (Ref:2408207)   #84
RF_Racer
Veteran

Al they now have camcorders than record to SD, FLASH cards, so being solid state have no issue of HDD models that shut down on vibration.

Still If you want cheap solution use a mobile, an N95 and similar spec phones can get some decent results.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 14:43 (Ref:2409615)   #85
AlexanderC
Rookie

AlexanderC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've got the GoPro Motorsport Hero camera and I've found it to be really good for recording at high speeds and it was around £200.

It came with mounting brackets so it is easy to attach to pretty much anything to be honest.

Check out this site for Motorsport Cameras, as they have a good range at all different price ranges.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2409691)   #86
PTRACER
Racer

England
Romford, Essex, U.K.
Do you work for marketing department of said company?

Quote:
I wouldn't want a camera that recorded anything less than 720x576 resolution.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 18:39 (Ref:2409765)   #87
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Low resolution, massive overall size, and stupidly wide angle lens? Not for me. Not for £10.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 22:28 (Ref:2409958)   #88
RF_Racer
Veteran

My mobile could record at better resolution than the hero cam
Old 13 Mar 2009, 12:44 (Ref:2414878)   #89
TYU829M
Rookie

TYU829M should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
have been loking on the web and aim are producing a great new camera,it has GPS data logging and can overlay the info onto the screen and can be shown easily on a 50" tv,http://aim-tec.co.uk/smartycam/ theres a link to it,it also featues a g sensor,also the best bit using a bridging cable this can be linked to you ecu and shoe you all the data from the sensors that your ecu measures
Old 11 Sep 2018, 15:09 (Ref:3849414)   #90
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reviving this old thread, as I've just got myself a GoPro camera, and a proper wide-tube mount to strap it to the roll cage. I fear that the first scrutineer who looks at it will want it secured beyond the thumb-screws that are standard. What do other people do?

Use locking wire? Pictures would be good!

Thanks,
John
Old 11 Sep 2018, 15:17 (Ref:3849417)   #91
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A secondary tether would be cable ties around the clamp to the cage to prevent that coming loose easily, and then something on the camera itself to tether that should it break loose - something that doesn't make it awkward to use. Something on a short flexible tether that can be unclipped, or failing that the racers solution - gaffer tape.
Old 2 May 2019, 14:15 (Ref:3901258)   #92
ydd
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
ydd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
Reviving this old thread, as I've just got myself a GoPro camera, and a proper wide-tube mount to strap it to the roll cage. I fear that the first scrutineer who looks at it will want it secured beyond the thumb-screws that are standard. What do other people do?

Use locking wire? Pictures would be good!

Thanks,
John

Not sure if you got this sorted or not? We use a wire tether. If you search for "go pro wire tether" in google you will see a load. They work really well, cheap and don't interfere with operations.

I've seen a few cameras leave their mounts in crashes. It is worth getting something along these lines for the sake safety and your investment.