Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 May 2019, 17:15 (Ref:3906783)   #5151
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Its funny because in previous years the BMW's were among the slowest cars in a straight line.

Also, not sure if anyone has noticed, but the current BTCC tyres barely degrade, at least not in the same way they did in the 90s. I dont see BMWs making up loads of places in the last laps of the race due to FWD tyre wear.
Old 30 May 2019, 08:23 (Ref:3906906)   #5152
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Howard Fuller testing the VW previously driven by Mr Thompson today.
Old 30 May 2019, 08:29 (Ref:3906908)   #5153
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
from his own website; "Howard is a living legend"
"some of his record breaking acheivements are"; "standing first in British Touring Car Championship"

https://www.howardfullerracing.co.uk/

this guy is seriously deluded!
Old 30 May 2019, 08:40 (Ref:3906909)   #5154
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
"some of his record breaking acheivements are"; "standing first in British Touring Car Championship"

Sounds like he should fit in well then!
Old 30 May 2019, 09:00 (Ref:3906912)   #5155
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Old 30 May 2019, 09:07 (Ref:3906913)   #5156
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh I really hope Bobby isn’t replaced and it’s just a test day in the car which was the most convenient.

Bobby is a great driver, him and his dad work so hard for their sponsors, it’s be a shame for everyone involved if he had to pull out.
Old 30 May 2019, 09:11 (Ref:3906914)   #5157
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
Oh I really hope Bobby isn’t replaced and it’s just a test day in the car which was the most convenient.

Bobby is a great driver, him and his dad work so hard for their sponsors, it’s be a shame for everyone involved if he had to pull out.
They announced an additional sponsor six days ago - it would be a bit of a turnaround to go from expanding your backing to dropping out in such a short time (although not unfeasible).
Old 30 May 2019, 09:12 (Ref:3906915)   #5158
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Is this a confirmation that Thompson will no longer be driving the car?
Or that Fuller is testing Thompson's car?
Old 30 May 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3906916)   #5159
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
None of the Team Semi-on (there certainly ain't Hard) drivers had enough budget in place for the season & that's on Gilham's bargain low price rate. Already seen Bushell replaced before the season, so will be no surprise to see another change soon, sadly
Old 30 May 2019, 09:31 (Ref:3906919)   #5160
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Did Tony Gilham write that website for him?
"began at the young age of 8 and has continued to take the racing world by storm." - more like a brief drizzle than a storm

https://www.driverdb.com/drivers/howard-fuller/

hardly a living legend, barely a living also ran
Old 30 May 2019, 11:08 (Ref:3906935)   #5161
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is this a confirmation that Thompson will no longer be driving the car?
Or that Fuller is testing Thompson's car?
fuller just testing thompsons car

thompson has a full budget for the season
Old 30 May 2019, 11:18 (Ref:3906937)   #5162
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
fuller just testing thompsons car

thompson has a full budget for the season
- thanks.
Old 30 May 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3906949)   #5163
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
None of the Team Semi-on (there certainly ain't Hard) drivers had enough budget in place for the season & that's on Gilham's bargain low price rate. Already seen Bushell replaced before the season, so will be no surprise to see another change soon, sadly
Bobby has quite a sizeable budget. Enough that he had been talking to other teams. He decided to stay at Hard so he could pay himself a wage as well as his Dad who helps find his sponsors.
Old 30 May 2019, 14:31 (Ref:3906980)   #5164
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=crmalcolm;3906912][IMG]http

What a total load of deluded cr*p!
Old 30 May 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3906982)   #5165
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Bobby has quite a sizeable budget. Enough that he had been talking to other teams. He decided to stay at Hard so he could pay himself a wage as well as his Dad who helps find his sponsors.
Hmmm, so the newly added sponsors are just ‘extras’. While Bobby had some half decent backing & I can understand him & his Dad taking a wage, I’d of seriously considered moving teams if he had the backing in place.

I imagine Tony is just pimping out Bobby’s ride to earn some extra dosh.
Old 30 May 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3906983)   #5166
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think they need all the sponsors they can get. They are running a tight budget and his place could be under threat. I’m sure we’ll see Bobby in the BTCC for a few more years yet. I think he’s punched above his weight at times, without being earth shattering
Old 30 May 2019, 14:48 (Ref:3906984)   #5167
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
What a total load of deluded cr*p!

Old 30 May 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3906985)   #5168
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Is Rob Austin still gonna take part in the mid season test with his Alfa? There was a story a month ago that he would, so it will be good to have him back for the test. Would even better if he came back into the championship, although nothing has been said of that unfortunately
Old 30 May 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3906988)   #5169
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Is Rob Austin still gonna take part in the mid season test with his Alfa? There was a story a month ago that he would, so it will be good to have him back for the test.
Has anything occurred in the last month to suggest he won't?
Old 30 May 2019, 17:21 (Ref:3907011)   #5170
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://www.team-hard.com/fuller-par...for-btcc-test/

Odd that they bothered to change the race number for 'just a test'
Old 30 May 2019, 18:12 (Ref:3907019)   #5171
touring fan01
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

they only went to that bother because fuller is a living legend.
Old 30 May 2019, 18:33 (Ref:3907023)   #5172
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Perhaps they were requested / advised to do so by Mr Gow?
Old 30 May 2019, 19:59 (Ref:3907035)   #5173
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Wheels View Post
Hmmm, so the newly added sponsors are just ‘extras’. While Bobby had some half decent backing & I can understand him & his Dad taking a wage, I’d of seriously considered moving teams if he had the backing in place.

I imagine Tony is just pimping out Bobby’s ride to earn some extra dosh.
There is a big difference between having the budget for the season and having the budget for damage, testing and tyres for testing over the season. Pretty much any driver would welcome new backers, though I can understand where you are coming from with references to changing teams if the option was there!
Old 30 May 2019, 21:14 (Ref:3907058)   #5174
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
they only went to that bother because fuller is a living legend.
Maybe prattfink will put the pictures on his website and claim he drove in BTCC in 2019. If his vanity requires such activities and he has the spondoolies then TG will no doubt be pleased to put some extra coins in the piggy bank. A high four figure sum of coins at that...
Old 30 May 2019, 21:18 (Ref:3907062)   #5175
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
So I hear there's a sailor docked at the farm? Very interesting. I wonder if the farmer had to grovel?
I'm afraid the reference has sailed over my head.

Was it the ex-captain of the aircraft carrier without aircraft looking for a new job with a company car he's actually allowed to drive?