Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 May 2002, 11:00 (Ref:293383)   #1
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farewell Prost/Phoenix/Dart

All three were dispatched by the High Court which ruled that the team(s)has/have no rights to start cars in the Formula One series. They also got stuck with the FIA's expemses and court costs. Thus passes the descendants of Ligier and Team Prost. The 12th slot will have to be filled next year by a new team or not at all.
Old 23 May 2002, 12:04 (Ref:293463)   #2
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That's no real surprise. It was all a joke to start with anyway.

RIP Ligier 1976-1996
RIP Prost 1997-2001
Old 23 May 2002, 13:55 (Ref:293583)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well done TW, what with Jos V, that's two lost court cases in a week.

I wonder if he's mate is still talking to him, being as he has paid an alleged £2M for a load of worthless 'memorabilia', bearing in mind that the remaining contents of Prost GP sold for under £500,000 for the lot!
Old 23 May 2002, 17:07 (Ref:293754)   #4
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I alwys contended it was a ploy to to test the Concorde Agreement. Having failed, I'm guessing a couple of APO-5's will be for sale, really cheap.
Old 23 May 2002, 17:21 (Ref:293765)   #5
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
So, who actually owns the rights to the 12th slot then?
Old 23 May 2002, 17:23 (Ref:293767)   #6
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
so, who actually owns the rights to the 12th slot? i expect Bernie will give Tom and his mate a million quid (Tom needs the money at the moment anyway!) and sell the slot to the next Manufacturer who wants to join the circus!
Old 23 May 2002, 22:33 (Ref:294137)   #7
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have to think it's still the property of the liquidators to sell as an asset of the Prost team.
Old 24 May 2002, 07:10 (Ref:294405)   #8
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting point, as all the Prost 'assets' have now been sold, so from the receivers point of you it may be done and dusted.

Certainly, Bernie won't have to pay anything to Dart as they have merely overpaid for a couple of showcars and have joined the long list of people that have tried to take on bernie and failed.

As no entry has been taken up this year, it may well be that the entry reverts to the FIA.
Old 24 May 2002, 07:51 (Ref:294429)   #9
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They wanted to appeal against the court order and poor ole' Stoddart won't get the much needed 12mill tv rights to keep on goin
Old 24 May 2002, 07:52 (Ref:294433)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
It's interesting to read in today's press that Paul Stoddard is waiting for the outcome of this as it affects his budget to the tune of $12 million approximately. He feels he is due the Prost TV money since Prosts demise but also worries that Phoenix may appeal to the European Court which would prolong the process and may mean Minardi not being on the grid next year due to a shortfall in budget.
Old 24 May 2002, 08:09 (Ref:294452)   #11
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
As much as I admire PS and what he has done for Minardi, I can't help feeling that his protests are a bit of a smokescreen.

Surely he bought Minardi before knowing whether Prost would be on the grid or not. If Prost had made it, he wouldn't have got the money anyway. Remember this is not technically money that is automatically 'due' to Minardi, as it has to be ratified by the other teams first.

He has already scored points this year, so will probably gain FIA money and benefits for next season, so strictly speaking if he's dependent on TV money he will get it for next year.
Old 24 May 2002, 08:33 (Ref:294469)   #12
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
I agree, just reporting what was on Reuters this morning, but a good point non the less.
Old 24 May 2002, 13:08 (Ref:294883)   #13
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll hav an AP-05 if they're going cheap!! Face it, they'll be collector's items!!
Old 25 May 2002, 17:32 (Ref:296022)   #14
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Phoenix/DART presence in F1 was finally a bluff. I hope the AP-05 chassises could be converted to racing cars, at least to use in driving schools or formulas like the EuroBOSS.

Last edited by Mekola; 25 May 2002 at 17:33.