Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jun 2004, 15:19 (Ref:1007063)   #126
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If I were Frank/Patrick, I'd be hoping Sam actually new about the infringements but decided to press on anyway.....Otherwise, it means their newly appointed technical director is ignorant of the happenings within his own team and their engineers are unable to spot 3cm infringements on an area which would be worked on quite frequently at a circuit like canada. If rival engineers can suspect something from metres away, then I'd be concerned that my own engineers were oblivious to the whole thing......suddenly the BMW criticism is begginning to make a bit of sense!!!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 15:21 (Ref:1007066)   #127
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sure as a good technical director, whatever the circumstances of this incident (and I'm with Spudgun and K-b here), Sam Michael will have accepted the blame - "Right everyone, I'm responsible, I ****ed up, the buck stops here. I'm not going to blame any of you, let's work out exactly where we went wrong and make sure we don't do it again."
Old 17 Jun 2004, 15:31 (Ref:1007078)   #128
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All im saying is that if I was in BMW's position, and the technical director was not able to see a problem which rival engineers could detect I would be a bit concerned.....I wonder what Williams would do if BMW provided an engine which was 3cm outside their agreed dimensions???

Until Williams are able to match the professionalism of BMW, their not gonna get anywhere near Ferrari. BMW have done their part, when will Williams and Sam do theirs???
Old 17 Jun 2004, 15:36 (Ref:1007084)   #129
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't think you can question the professionalism of the Williams team.

They've won a hell of a lot more Grand Prix than BMW
Old 17 Jun 2004, 16:00 (Ref:1007107)   #130
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by z2252314
I would call my posts opinions rather than accusations
I agree.
Quote:
if you are unhappy with my line of reasoning which has led to my opinion then please feel free to criticise.
I did
Quote:
REASONING:-
There are many other resoning routes that lead to differing opinions and hence prove little about intent (even on just an F1 forum).

However I particularly agree with the last two remarks and it is as far as I would take the reasoning (towards intent):
Quote:
* Post race inspections reveal the brake ducts are 3cm outside legal regulations.

* As Technical director, Sam Michael must shoulder the blame for this infringement.
I just don't see tham as reasonings that point to an intent to bend the rules. i.e. I see these last two points as it really and sum up the entire situation with no nothing else to add.

Last edited by Adam43; 17 Jun 2004 at 16:05.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 17:58 (Ref:1007185)   #131
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A "Way With Words"

Quote:
I might have to sue you KB for slander.

Go to the ITV website, he wrote exactly what I quoted. Why dont you point out any differences....you fool!!!!!!
Gentlemen!

Please, Nous ne faƧhons pas!
Old 17 Jun 2004, 18:12 (Ref:1007201)   #132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But nobody has questioned the measuring device or the method employed for measuring the ducts.
Old 17 Jun 2004, 18:21 (Ref:1007217)   #133
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
But nobody has questioned the measuring device or the method employed for measuring the ducts.

Don't give them ideas!!
Old 18 Jun 2004, 00:26 (Ref:1007479)   #134
freud
Veteran

freud has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I would call my posts opinions rather than accusations, and considering were not in a court of law, we should relax on requirement of proof.....I dont think your gonna get that on any F1 forum.

However, if you are unhappy with my line of reasoning which has led to my opinion then please feel free to criticise. If you cant fault my reasoning, then my opinions would seem pretty valid

REASONING:-

* A technical director should be aware of any major changes to a car which could be critical to the success/failure of a Grand Prix.

* A technical director should ensure that such changes comply with FIA regulations.

* The changes made to the Williams car were significant enough to catch the prying eyes of rival engineers, so it would be fair to assume that Sam would have known of the changes.

* A technical director should be well versed in all areas regarding rules and specifications mandated by the FIA.

* If Sam is aware of the rules, and knew of the changes made to the ducts, then he should have known the modified brake ducts were illegal.

* There was significant pressure on Williams to climb out of their slump. A double failure would have been disastrous for a team desperately needing to bounce back.

* Post race inspections reveal the brake ducts are 3cm outside legal regulations.

* As Technical director, Sam Michael must shoulder the blame for this infringement.

Very well put, indeed.

Z with numbers is very sensible on this issue. Either Sam Michael did know or he did'nt. If he did, he was plain wrong, if he didn't, then mind you, some people 'can' say that he's incompetent. Remember, f1 is very competitive...