Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:15 (Ref:4038517)   #1
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Haas 2021

Mazepin takes title sponsorship

https://www.racefans.net/2021/03/04/...nsor-for-2021/
Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:29 (Ref:4038518)   #2
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
By far the most interesting of all the team launches so far.

The US Flag has disappeared off the side completely and the car is in the colours of the Russian Flag, a flag which they would not be allowed to use on the podium in the (unlikely?) event that Mazepin finishes top 3.

Those railing against Mazepin due to his well publicised transgressions are going to be dissapointed to see that the title sponser is essentially his dad.

Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:33 (Ref:4038519)   #3
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
I doubt anyone can be surprised though?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4038522)   #4
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Well, I personally wasnt expecting an actual Russian Flag livery!
Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:43 (Ref:4038523)   #5
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Think “two fingers.”
Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:49 (Ref:4038526)   #6
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I've seen much worse liveries.Somehow,the Haas effort this year seems rather half hearted,inexperienced drivers and a stated intention to attempt no development of the car implies to me that they are doing just enough to keep the entry alive until a good offer comes along.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 08:58 (Ref:4038529)   #7
peebee2
Veteran

I suspect it already came along perhaps...
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:21 (Ref:4038535)   #8
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
that looks awesome, putting aside the nonsense.

it’s funny watching everybody online completely miss the point though.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4038538)   #9
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
By far the most interesting of all the team launches so far.

The US Flag has disappeared off the side completely and the car is in the colours of the Russian Flag, a flag which they would not be allowed to use on the podium in the (unlikely?) event that Mazepin finishes top 3.

Those railing against Mazepin due to his well publicised transgressions are going to be dissapointed to see that the title sponser is essentially his dad.

Probably the prelude to the purchase of Haas..?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:29 (Ref:4038540)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I can't be the only person that saw those colours and then looked for the "Liqui Moly" text?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:35 (Ref:4038543)   #11
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure whats worse. This livery or the Trump 2020 NASCAR!

Its definitely a 2 fingers to the establishment in terms of the russian flag.

No wonder HAAS didnt want to get rid of Mazepin...plenty of money coming from them it seems. It will be interesting to see how it goes for them this year.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 09:57 (Ref:4038556)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
How so?
Old 4 Mar 2021, 10:10 (Ref:4038560)   #13
krzysiek_aleks
Rookie

krzysiek_aleks should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

The US Flag has disappeared off the side completely

Not completly - there is small US flag on the black part of sidepods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

How so?
After doping scandal, Russians can't compete under their own national flag in all world championships working with WADA
Old 4 Mar 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4038561)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, thanks.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4038584)   #15
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Think “two fingers.”
I think the most obvious indication of this is the fact that Uralkali has moved away from Red/Green to adopt a White/Blue/Red scheme.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4038614)   #16
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
that looks awesome, putting aside the nonsense.

it’s funny watching everybody online completely miss the point though.
I agree. If you ignore the clearly political message (and I think it may go beyond just the Russian flag, but also the large Russian flag on a US team car), the livery looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I think the most obvious indication of this is the fact that Uralkali has moved away from Red/Green to adopt a White/Blue/Red scheme.
Yes, that is interesting.

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2021, 16:49 (Ref:4038693)   #17
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
personally not bothered by the Russian flag or colours, but overall i find the scheme kind of simple compared to the others. not bad mind you, but for me, and on its own merits, i like it the least so far.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4038698)   #18
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
personally not bothered by the Russian flag or colours, but overall i find the scheme kind of simple compared to the others. not bad mind you, but for me, and on its own merits, i like it the least so far.
It is simple. I do think a wide range of complexity can work on a livery. Basic ones like this one are great and more complex one that use a "chrome" look/style paint and/or complex prints such as the Mercedes repeating AMG (previously the tristar) on the back of their car can work as well. I can appreciate both.

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2021, 18:10 (Ref:4038719)   #19
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Taking money from a Russian oligarch is the most American thing Haas F1 has done to date.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4038724)   #20
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Taking money from a Russian oligarch is the most American thing Haas F1 has done to date.
I am trying hard not to make similar comments (which I agree with). But I think we have to be careful to not let this thread slip into politics and it becoming locked.

Broadly speaking, I am somewhat willing to give Haas a pass for the moment if this helps keep them alive and independent. But if they are bought out by Mazepin in the future (and God help us Rich Energy shows up again), then Haas will be dead to me.

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4038727)   #21
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I also love the livery. Don't like the driver involved, but as a livery on it's own, I like it.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 18:42 (Ref:4038734)   #22
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

The US Flag has disappeared off the side completely
It's under the 's' in Haas
Old 4 Mar 2021, 19:28 (Ref:4038746)   #23
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
The US flag is also close to the same colours as the Russian flag.Quite how relevant such things are these days is open to question.Since the Gold Leaf Lotus appearance the national associations have been fairly blurred in favour of the commercial links.It does slightly irk me that American schoolkids are browbeaten into pledging allegiance to theirs.All in all I still believe that there are and have been uglier liveries.
Old 4 Mar 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4038756)   #24
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by P38 in workshop View Post
The US flag is also close to the same colours as the Russian flag.Quite how relevant such things are these days is open to question.Since the Gold Leaf Lotus appearance the national associations have been fairly blurred in favour of the commercial links.It does slightly irk me that American schoolkids are browbeaten into pledging allegiance to theirs.All in all I still believe that there are and have been uglier liveries.
I guess we can say it's American, French, Dutch or any other number of national flags that uses Red, White and Blue. But the ordering of the colors, the horizontal lines, the thin red line above the white to segment out a white section that is equal to the red and blue, nationality of the sponsor, etc. It can't be ignored that it is clearly intended to mimic the Russian flag. It's not a coincidence!

Richard
Old 4 Mar 2021, 20:23 (Ref:4038757)   #25
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't find the picture now, but somewhere I saw the US flag was printed backwards with the stars on top right.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk