Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Feb 2003, 20:57 (Ref:519659)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Williams trying to "fix car" 2 weeks before Melbourne?

When exactly can they fix in 2 weeks that is going to make a considerable difference to their speed on track?

It isn't like they can develop a whole new areo package in a fortnight is it?
Old 27 Feb 2003, 21:13 (Ref:519679)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
They don't have 2 weeks,the cars have to go on the plane to Melbourne this weekend,and this time next week is Melbourne practise.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 04:08 (Ref:520083)   #3
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we will find out rather soon then won't we just how much of a p.o.s. this car really is and how quikly they can fix it.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 04:10 (Ref:520084)   #4
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Would you be surprised if Williams turn up with 2 FW24s?
Old 28 Feb 2003, 08:42 (Ref:520195)   #5
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, because last year's was no blinder either. Just a qualifier. I imagine this years is more of the same and in testing they've been working on race pace but can't get it.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 09:27 (Ref:520221)   #6
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
fix it in 2 weeks!,
thats what i did to my GCSE Technoligy project last year,
i ended up with an 'A',
i hope Williams can turn this into an 'A' grade car.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 09:57 (Ref:520247)   #7
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, they actually don't have 2 weeks. Not even one, not even if they didn't ship it to Oz. They only have 3 days, this one included. Next week the testing is banned anyway(other than 50 km shakedown for all cars) ...
Old 28 Feb 2003, 10:02 (Ref:520253)   #8
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
My monies still on them leaving the FW25s at home and turning up with a couple of FW24s.Desperate times call for desperate measures.May as well run a turtle that can finish rather than a hare that wont go the distance.
Old 28 Feb 2003, 10:12 (Ref:520260)   #9
Armco Bender
Veteran

New Zealand
Ralf agrees too:

Ralf said. "At the moment the new car is as quick as the old one, perhaps a tad faster, but that is not good enough. We will not be also-rans in Australia, but we might as well forget any thoughts of winning the first couple of races. We lack too much to aim for a win."