Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Nov 2005, 19:00 (Ref:1474096)   #1
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VSCC Pomeroy Trophy

I've always fancied a crack at this event as it sounds good fun but I can't get any basic info on it without joining the club. I know it sounds stingy but I don't really wanna join just to find out there's no way I can get in the event. So if someone can provide some basic info on regs it would be appreciated. Does the car have to be road registered?, Have to be driven there? etc. oh and err, approx cost
Old 1 Dec 2005, 08:33 (Ref:1474429)   #2
Chris Roden
Racer

Chris Roden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A wonderfully mad event that's a hoot, details to follow as I don't have access to my files until tonight.

IIRC cars have to be driven to Silverstone, so must be road legal, although the number that arrive at the track closely followed by tow cars and empty trailers suggests that some unload just outside (the Green Man Car park or the Travel lodge perhaps?).

More tomorrow...
Old 1 Dec 2005, 18:25 (Ref:1474929)   #3
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks in advance
Old 6 Dec 2005, 12:37 (Ref:1478183)   #4
gungadan
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
gungadan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosehead
I've always fancied a crack at this event as it sounds good fun but I can't get any basic info on it without joining the club. I know it sounds stingy but I don't really wanna join just to find out there's no way I can get in the event. So if someone can provide some basic info on regs it would be appreciated. Does the car have to be road registered?, Have to be driven there? etc. oh and err, approx cost
I don't know about cost but the following might help:

"Vintage and PVT entries must have engine capacities exceeding 1495cc and post-1940 entries must exceed 1949cc if normally aspirated or 1495cc if supercharged or turbocharged. Competitors must drive their cars to the circuit with evidence of road legality and for 2006 there will be a filter control to check for this."

AND

"An MSA competition licence (Race National 'B' minimum) is required by
competitors."