Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 25 Oct 2003, 06:42 (Ref:762475)   #1
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

jamescrofts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Johnston

Mark returns to his roots on Sunday when he races the Rebel he won his first race in.

Rebels Racing
Attached Thumbnails
markj_rebel.jpg  
Old 25 Oct 2003, 06:44 (Ref:762476)   #2
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

The race is at Northampton International Stadium and racing starts at 1pm.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 16:37 (Ref:762803)   #3
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Who?
Old 25 Oct 2003, 19:02 (Ref:762930)   #4
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

Mark Johnston

Quote:
Originally posted by Craig Antill
Who?
Mark Johnston, the man who won the "Exchange and Mart" Be a Grand Prix Driver (beating Jamie Morrow in the process, sorry Peter!); who then drove for HPC Racing in the TVR Tuscan challenge.

regards

James
Old 25 Oct 2003, 19:18 (Ref:762941)   #5
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Oh, I momentarily forgot. It must have been more than five whole minutes since you went on about him last time
Old 25 Oct 2003, 19:22 (Ref:762942)   #6
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

Hi Craig,

Why don't you drive up to NIR and see how good a driver Mark is!

regards

James
Old 25 Oct 2003, 19:33 (Ref:762958)   #7
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
james do you just promote mark? or do you do other drivers too? has mmark got any sponsors?
Old 25 Oct 2003, 20:14 (Ref:762984)   #8
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whats he going to be doing in the near future (apart from the drive at NIR!!) as he has obviously got the contract with Essentialy Sport(is that right?) so I would have thought that they would want him to be doing something.

Also does anybody know what the other competitors from the programm are doing? I know Neil Purdie has been racing in the Sports 2000 Pro Series this year but what is he doing next year?

It would be a great shame if both of their talents go to waste as it seems that they are both decent drivers.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 20:31 (Ref:762995)   #9
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You know, I've always felt drivers and team owners/members get a lot more respect if the driver comes onto a forum and talks in a down-to-earth manner about what he or she has been doing and will be doing in the future. If you have one team boss or member who only posts in the manner of some sort of animate press release, then it just makes both parties look ridiculous.
Old 25 Oct 2003, 21:44 (Ref:763029)   #10
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

Hi Sam,

Good to here from you. Mark is managed by Essentially Sport and I am just an associate of Mark's. I do manage Neil Purdie and 6 other drivers. I have also advised several others.

Changing the subject, are you doing the BUKC Graduates race on the 21/22 August 2004?

regards

James
Old 25 Oct 2003, 21:55 (Ref:763037)   #11
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

Mark and Neil

Quote:
Originally posted by TomS
Whats he going to be doing in the near future (apart from the drive at NIR!!) as he has obviously got the contract with Essentialy Sport(is that right?) so I would have thought that they would want him to be doing something.

Also does anybody know what the other competitors from the programm are doing? I know Neil Purdie has been racing in the Sports 2000 Pro Series this year but what is he doing next year?

It would be a great shame if both of their talents go to waste as it seems that they are both decent drivers.
I am not sure what Mark is doing next year; I put the deal together to run him at Rockingham in the TVR Tuscan and then Castle Combe. He may return to TVR's, there is a lot of support for him to do this. I have also arranged for him to become an instructor and he has received several offers.

Neil will continue in Sports 2000 next year, but will also be in BARC Formula Renault and TVR Tuscans. However Sports 2000 will be the focus of his attention.

As for the Rebels drive, Mark was offered that after winning "Be a Grand Prix Driver" and they are great fun. The series has big grids and close racing.

James
Old 26 Oct 2003, 08:13 (Ref:763348)   #12
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Quote:
Originally posted by jamescrofts
Hi Craig,

Why don't you drive up to NIR and see how good a driver Mark is!

regards

James
Why bother? I'm sure you'll be back to bore us all with all the details
Old 26 Oct 2003, 08:38 (Ref:763366)   #13
Lorretta
Rookie

Lorretta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Also does anybody know what the other competitors from the program are doing?

Stratton Mackay was one of the final 12 in the comp. He has driven in the Ginetta series as a guest driver also in Sports 2000. He is currently looking for sponsorship and is hoping to drive a full season in either one next year. Hasn't found it easy getting drives but has stuck with it. He has just come back from Barcelona to take part in the Michelin Driving Experience where he got to an Arrows F1 car. This was part of his prize for "Driver Progression" which he won during the comp. He can occasionally be found on the forum but doesn't have easy access to a pc.

We have followed both Neil and Marks progress since the comp. Both are really nice down to earth guys and deserve some success.

Clayton who also got into the final 12 is currently concentrating on his karting. Both Stratton and I have teamed up with Clayton to do some endurance karting in the past few months.
Old 26 Oct 2003, 17:59 (Ref:763779)   #14
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

Craig, you oberversly are not interested, but others may be.

James.

Last edited by jamescrofts; 26 Oct 2003 at 18:00.
Old 26 Oct 2003, 18:13 (Ref:763803)   #15
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
People are interested up until a point. As Maisie has suggested, people get bored if it's rammed down their throat (so to speak)

Search this forum for 'Dan Clarke' and you'll get an idea of what I mean.

If you must post updates please do not keep starting new threads to do so. Thanks.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 08:25 (Ref:764237)   #16
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JC maybe I'll get an ex brookes team together but who knows.. Ive got a very busy season next year
Old 27 Oct 2003, 09:59 (Ref:764337)   #17
jamescrofts
Retired
Racer

Hi Sam,

Jon Pethick came 2nd in the Rebels Southern Championship. He is returning to BUKC next year and Brookes should have a good team. It would great to see you at the Reunion in August as part of a Brookes team.

James
Old 27 Oct 2003, 10:16 (Ref:764351)   #18
RTH
Racer

RTH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This sort of attempted self publicity tends to be counter productive
Old 27 Oct 2003, 10:48 (Ref:764390)   #19
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Spot on Richard. We have any number of drivers and teams, both profesional and amateur, on this forum. Most have realised that bulk of the forum membership are not stupid, join in the debates in the normal manner and gain a lot of respect for doing so. Then we have those whose sole purpose in life seem to be telling the world how driver X is the best thing since sliced bread. Most people I know tend to at best ignore these posts, at worse go out of their way to support any driver other than the one being constantly promoted.

On a slightly different note, when the E&M contest was announced another poster described it as
Quote:
The winner will race the Tyrrell at Monza next May, and because the whole thing goes out on prime time TV - she or he will likely become a celebrity, and find it much easier than others to attract sponsorship should they choose to pursue a competitive racing career. They will also benefit from a long term management contract with 'Essentially Sport', with a view to promoting them into F1 over a seven year period. These guys know what they are about - they also manage Colin McRae and Jenson Button.
Next year is the first setep into this 7 year plan and the best they can come up with is going back to short oval and another season in TVRs. Michael Schemacher must be getting really worried.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 13:17 (Ref:764522)   #20
Muz
Rookie

Muz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark seems a nice chap. He certainly was not the quickest driver in the competition however and without him running in a regular NATIONAL single seater series it is difficult to tell if he has what it takes.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 13:30 (Ref:764532)   #21
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
I'd say put him in Formula vee for a season - or something else like it thats hyper competetive
Old 27 Oct 2003, 22:15 (Ref:765117)   #22
Red Dog
Racer

Red Dog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I doubt he would manage it.....you have to be very aggressive to win in Vees, and in many club formulae.
What's more, the driver often does a lot more than drive!!
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:16 (Ref:765189)   #23
neil purdie
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
neil purdie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think you are being a bit harsh. Give the guy a bit of a chance........ Redshoes.... its "Michael Schumacher"
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:29 (Ref:765207)   #24
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Thanks Neil, it was an unintended typo. I'm sure Mark is a fantastic driver, my point was that the contest doesn't seem to have quite lived up to the hype.
Old 27 Oct 2003, 23:36 (Ref:765217)   #25
neil purdie
Rookie

Scotland
Scotland
neil purdie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know exactly what you mean, I found it got to detracted from the original concept....... Iwas only joking about the spelling, mine isn't to hot!!