Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 21 May 2009, 13:05 (Ref:2466423)   #26
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The pilot of car #4 continues to be disappointing in V8Supercars. Mr Perkins said some very interesting things when Mr Davison drove for him, after he got punted from that seat... maybe the opinions still hold water?

There is quite a bit for a media operative to do when the major sponsor of the team (and if you look at the car.. the only sponsor) is up for renewal at season's end...
It doesn't make sense. If Will Power, Briscoe or Dixon would be a walk up start to a V8 supercar drive if they are interested, why not Johnny Reid or other less well known open wheelers (even European rejects with reasonable records, not all make it to DTM or Sportscars afterall but not due to lack of talent).

Quality open wheel drivers usually have the know how for the touring cars, surely worth scouting a lesser known open wheeler race winner without the salary demands of Courtney?
Old 21 May 2009, 13:09 (Ref:2466427)   #27
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The new 'FPR' components on the SBR-prepared BF dont seem to be making it more competitive..
Why doesn't Bright buy an FPR BF or FG then? Or was the operative primarily to move to sunny Queensland for family reasons etc?
Old 21 May 2009, 13:40 (Ref:2466446)   #28
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Bright is still based in Melbourne.. with no reported plans to move to Queensland.

Car prepped in one place, engineered in another, driver lives elsewhere

Sounds cohesive huh
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 21 May 2009, 23:38 (Ref:2466803)   #29
krypto71
Racer

krypto71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Mr Bright is still based in Melbourne.. with no reported plans to move to Queensland.

Car prepped in one place, engineered in another, driver lives elsewhere

Sounds cohesive huh
Well that must be it for Jason then, you obviously have the writing on the wall
Old 22 May 2009, 01:25 (Ref:2466830)   #30
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Back to Mr Bright though... it does not appear he has even stepped in either the #4 or #9 cars in testing.. I wonder what that says about the relationship between SBR & Britek?

Possibly the most telling element of the whole affair, given how he was touted as such a phenomenal car developer and stands to gain as soon as his own FG is bolted together. If it ever happens.
Old 22 May 2009, 15:49 (Ref:2467135)   #31
Belly13
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst, NSW
Belly13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Brighty would be better off selling/leaving Britek for good. He has had no end of problems since he left FPR at the end of 2006. I suppose the days of ownership are over. I still can't believe it affects the driving abilities of some of the other guys in the past - Seton, Skaife, Ellery, McLean, etc.
GRM's #1 Supporter 2014
Bloody Volvo Drivers...
Old 23 May 2009, 02:12 (Ref:2467427)   #32
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe Bright will bring his licenses, sponsor, and driving talent back to FPR at the end of this season.
Old 23 May 2009, 06:32 (Ref:2467455)   #33
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
One can only hope.

Lets hope, for the rest of this year at least, that some mutual benefit (to Brighty and SBR) can come out of the current relationship.
Old 23 May 2009, 07:00 (Ref:2467462)   #34
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
One can only hope.

Lets hope, for the rest of this year at least, that some mutual benefit (to Brighty and SBR) can come out of the current relationship.
If the plan is to move to FPR, and the relationship with SBR is as soured as it appears from the outside, why would there be any mutual benefit?
Old 23 May 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2467473)   #35
wide open
Rookie

Niger
wide open should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=GTRMagic;

Back to Mr Bright though... it does not appear he has even stepped in either the #4 or #9 cars in testing.. I wonder what that says about the relationship between SBR & Britek?[/QUOTE]

Its not like you to let the facts get in the way of a good pot stir GTR.

I know I read that Bright did laps in the 9 car on the last test day.
Old 23 May 2009, 08:10 (Ref:2467475)   #36
wide open
Rookie

Niger
wide open should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The late appearance of Bright in an FG is more likely to do with a lack of money

Is that not why he no longer runs his own team, now the only way he can go racing is a customer deal
Old 23 May 2009, 08:23 (Ref:2467479)   #37
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by wide open View Post
Its not like you to let the facts get in the way of a good pot stir GTR.

I know I read that Bright did laps in the 9 car on the last test day.
Latest Test Day SBR Release

Interesting... cant say I had read this release that closely... It is interesting that the media release took impressions from Mr Winterbottom, Mr Davison, Mr van Gisbergen and Mr McIntyre... yet not Mr Bright.
Old 23 May 2009, 12:45 (Ref:2467569)   #38
T-star
Racer

T-star should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And again GTR you are proven to have reported your own thoughts, rather than facts.

I am sure most of us like your posts (mailnly), but to ignore facts is quite wrong of you.
Old 23 May 2009, 13:51 (Ref:2467595)   #39
Gaslight
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Gaslight should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One can only hope.

I was on Facebook just before, and saw the Mighty Brighty has a new woman in his life, someone who just happens to have the same name, same face as the FPR PR chicky. A conflict of interest maybe? Wonder if that is something new?

I mean with Westrac going over to FPR at the start of the year from the Mighty Brighty, and him pulling away from SBR, and comments like yours babe, it starts to look a bit like a conspiracy doesnt it

'cept maybe FPR aint that clever
Old 23 May 2009, 13:54 (Ref:2467597)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-star View Post
And again GTR you are proven to have reported your own thoughts, rather than facts.

I am sure most of us like your posts (mailnly), but to ignore facts is quite wrong of you.
I didnt ignore them, I wasnt aware of them. There is a difference after all!
Old 25 May 2009, 04:18 (Ref:2468564)   #41
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wide open View Post
Is that not why he no longer runs his own team, now the only way he can go racing is a customer deal
That would still cost more than last year's #26 program though wouldn't it?
Old 27 May 2009, 04:12 (Ref:2469952)   #42
Gaslight
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
One can only hope.

Champcarman, has it even occured to you that FPR have never ever never won a championship nor a bathurst, why in the hell would Brighty want to join FPR.... Frosty and Richo are 11th and 12th in the championship are you seriously deluded??? FPR has wasted alot of ford money on really alot of hot air, the FG are below standard...with that money they should have won everything by now.
Brighty cannot take advice nor instruction thats why he cannot committ to a team longer than an 18 month period, thats why he invented Britek, to be owner driver, to be his own Master, however we know CJ had alot to do with it... Brighty should stay with SBR and build the technical relationship in QLD, with the knowledge of the 2 teams, they would have been so much better off, but someone has turned that into crap and its a shame, as he could have been earning the cash to ressurect Britek. But it seems alot of you want him to join the easy option.. join FPR and the sun will shine again, doesnt anyone remember that it took Jason almost 2 years to win a god dam race at FPR???
Old 28 May 2009, 02:17 (Ref:2470642)   #43
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

How about PMM, 888, WP etc. Lots of quick customer cars about.

The old Britek team seems 10x more professional looking and well run, then this SBR customer car.

Someone should put some white wheels on the thing because it is a hideous looking car, and does not present a professional image.
Old 28 May 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2470646)   #44
Gaslight
Rookie

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
How about PMM, 888, WP etc. Lots of quick customer cars about.

The old Britek team seems 10x more professional looking and well run, then this SBR customer car.

Someone should put some white wheels on the thing because it is a hideous looking car, and does not present a professional image.

I do agree the car looks dreadful and behaves even worse, it doesnt look professional at all and he hasnt made the top ten in practise let alone qualifying, something needs to be done but what???
Old 28 May 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2470920)   #45
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

Might be reasonable to slap SBR for the cars performance, but I don't think it's fair to blame SBR for the colour of Briteks paintjob? Surely that decision is made by Fujitsu and JB?
Old 28 May 2009, 23:01 (Ref:2471281)   #46
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
Might be reasonable to slap SBR for the cars performance, but I don't think it's fair to blame SBR for the colour of Briteks paintjob? Surely that decision is made by Fujitsu and JB?
Yep, the sign chap at Britek had the skills to take Ninnyman's reasonable design and tweak it, making the signage larger, tweaking the curves and lines etc, so it looks really professional.

At SBR they have applied the livery more literally I reckon, what looks good on a shiny render (black wheels, hard to read sponsor logos) generally needs a few tweaks from a skilled signwriter to look smart on a real car IMHO.
Old 29 May 2009, 03:45 (Ref:2471340)   #47
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
has Mr Bright finally hit the nail on the head with his own set-up or has he come back into the SBR fold of set-up? he has some decent pace early.
Old 30 May 2009, 08:36 (Ref:2472015)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britek Email Release - Not on the Website
Hi everyone,

Well it certainly is cold down here! The Fujitsu team has had another challenging day at the track unfortunately, as I am sure most of you have seen on the TV by now we qualified 18th for today’s race. I know 18th is not where you or I want to be but the field this year is so tight with only three tenths of a second covering the top twenty cars in the second session of qualifying, so we are not far off the pace but that is enough to let seventeen other guys in front of me. The car is actually working the best it has all year it is just that little bit slower than the new model cars though. Bring on the FG!!!!

I actually got a chance to do a couple of laps at the test a few weeks ago in Shane’s FG and we were right on the pace with the front runners which gives me great confidence for Townsville onwards when we will have ours.

We were running well and the car was strong during the race today and we were up as high as ninth at one point. When we came in for out mandatory pit stop we had a problem with the fuel rig and didn’t get the required fifty litres of fuel in the car. I decided to stay out and hope for a safety car so we could at least have a chance of getting back in the top twenty and salvage something from the day. No such luck, we ended up 26th after making our second stop. After all I have decided I like the two qualifying sessions per weekend as it gives me a chance to do better tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Brighty #25
Anybody notice the FG will be in the #25 garage at Townsville now, not Hidden Valley nor Hamilton... the goalposts keep moving...

... although Townsville, on July 11-12, is after the change of financial year
Old 1 Jun 2009, 00:21 (Ref:2473027)   #49
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting result from the #25 car on the weekend. R1 was a washout.. something to do with fuel fill problems, R2 was very competitive on strategy and pace (2nd fastest lap no less!)

That Larko mentioned on the broadcast that the #25 car was now taking full advantage of the engineering at SBR, instead of bringing Britek/FPR thinking to the team would have to be listed as one of the causes for the change in form and pace.

Perhaps this result will allow the driver to get his head together, and focus on the job at hand. Drivers are funny buggers, seemingly needing people to keep their motivation and focus up, and when that doesnt happen, they often fall in a hole. It will be something to watch going forward I should think.
Old 1 Jun 2009, 14:05 (Ref:2473390)   #50
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Finally! Some praise for the car preparer Here