Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 25 Aug 2009, 05:31 (Ref:2527675)   #26
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Conrod Kieron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
Back on topic.....I see no reason why RD should be the most hated person in pit lane.
It's a business, not tiddly winks. He's doing what's best for his business, which, ultimately is about his sponsors (because they are actually his employer).
Pity he didn't work like that when his employer FORD were paying him...

Quote:
He searches for and attracts money from sponsors, by offering them something. That something is exposure, from being at the pointy end of the field.
To be at the pointy end of the field, you go where the most money is (cause that helps you get the best people, equipment etc).
If he gets more money for the pot from another camp - jump ship!
Agreed, in the cold hard business sense.

Quote:
I don't know what Ford are so upset about, at least now they can justify their spend on FPR slightly better - next year they will be one Ford team one spot further up the ladder - albeit behind another Holden team tho!
I don't remember Ford saying they are upset? Dane refused to do what his employer asked of him, they didn't renew his contract. End of story.

I'd be interested in finding out what CamLit has to say about RoDane though...
Old 25 Aug 2009, 05:48 (Ref:2527680)   #27
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Now that's an interesting comment and we have all been thinking that T8 will continue their success in commodores but that may not be the case......they may fail.
You'd be a fool to suggest that T8s commodores will be slugs. Maybe a round or 2 to get things going properly, but they'll be there in no time (and not 8 seasons like a certain ford team)
Old 25 Aug 2009, 07:53 (Ref:2527721)   #28
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
You'd be a fool to suggest that T8s commodores will be slugs. Maybe a round or 2 to get things going properly, but they'll be there in no time (and not 8 seasons like a certain ford team)
with the high possibility of a 888 Commodore debuting by the last round this year in either Vodafonr or SCAR colours and the way that team have made quick cars in the past it would be a pretty safe bet they will be there or attleast there abouts by round 1 2010.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 08:28 (Ref:2527736)   #29
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Yes, we would think that would be likely......but the Ford and holden have differing body shapes and the aero must slightly favour one or the other. I was thinking that maybe the Ford actually has an advantage that T8 won't have next year and with the lap times so close in qualifying they could find themselves further down the grid than they would like.......not likely I know, but possible.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 09:12 (Ref:2527763)   #30
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conrod Kieron View Post
Pity he didn't work like that when his employer FORD were paying him...
Ah, didnt this come about because they stopped paying him?

Quote:
I don't remember Ford saying they are upset?
What, calling all fans to get in on the TR888OR act isn't upset?
Old 25 Aug 2009, 10:57 (Ref:2527829)   #31
MRJUCY
Veteran

Australia
At the pub
MRJUCY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
note to self, Jim said that after he found out his very good friend from NZ died during the race, Danny Hulme, and the fans didn't like the fact that niether a Ford or Holden won and Booed him on the dias. I think I would do same. Jim has a lot of respect for Australians, and as volunteer marshall I have meet Jim and he is a top bloke. maybe our fans are sometimes a pack of .........................

The notion that the fans were calling out "bulls&%@" because it wasn't a Ford or Holden is garbage, others cars won before & after that & didn't get that response. People were angry that the race was called early & the victory handed to a car that had crashed while on slicks during a passing shower.
Old 25 Aug 2009, 23:03 (Ref:2528226)   #32
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRJUCY View Post
The notion that the fans were calling out "bulls&%@" because it wasn't a Ford or Holden is garbage, others cars won before & after that & didn't get that response. People were angry that the race was called early & the victory handed to a car that had crashed while on slicks during a passing shower.
A passing shower??? I am sorry but either you were too young to remember or are suffering from c.r.a.f.t (can’t remember a .....thing...). That was one hell of a shower that had massive runs of water across various parts of the track and led to the race being red flagged on lap 142 because of accidents everywhere on the mountain. The punters were angry for 2 reasons.1. The Bathurst die hards who are either Ford or Holden always hated the Jap Godzilla's. The second reason is most punters did not understand the leader of the lap before the red flag rule so in their eyes the Dick and Bowe Sierra should have been awarded the win.

Dicks team enjoyed this same rule at QR years later when the Rat ended up in a sand trap but was still declared the winner.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 03:44 (Ref:2528299)   #33
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
Dicks team enjoyed this same rule at QR years later when the Rat ended up in a sand trap but was still declared the winner.
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

Seconds before the Perkins/Ingall Commodore crossed the line to become the leader...

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 26 Aug 2009, 06:40 (Ref:2528332)   #34
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
Ah, didnt this come about because they stopped paying him?
No mate, he was paid to do a job by Ford in a certain way, he took the money but didn't comply.

Quote:
What, calling all fans to get in on the TR888OR act isn't upset?
[/quote]

The merchandising company did this and even if it was Ford, it's simply a ploy to cash in on the 'defection'. Believe me, Ford have far greater issues at hand than a petulant small business owner with red cars.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 18:25 (Ref:2528736)   #35
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No mate, he was paid to do a job by Ford in a certain way, he took the money but didn't comply.
You sound close to the action. Post up the contract showing what breach of contract happened. I bet it will never see the light of day because Ford don't want to lose the last fans they have that 'believe' their spin.

I was certain this blue car red car joke was over, but i guess some people are still clinging to hope.
Old 26 Aug 2009, 19:30 (Ref:2528764)   #36
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I tend to agree Stealthy. Who in their right mind would sign a contract that dictates what colour you must paint your car. Did DJ? Did PCR? Did FPR? Their cars certainly were not majorly Blue during the last 2 seasons.....

If we are led to believe they both signed the same contract, then they also contravened the agreement - so by definition that's why 2 of them also lost the Ford money?

I'm not a one eyed supporter of either brand, I just enjoy the racing, and have some respect for a consistent front running combo - whoever it may be in whatever they drive......
Old 26 Aug 2009, 23:38 (Ref:2528907)   #37
Bevan-L
Veteran

Australia-Aboriginal
Can-Brah!!
Bevan-L should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I was certain this blue car red car joke was over, but i guess some people are still clinging to hope.

We've all got a little red n blue in us all... dont let it die man!!!!
Old 27 Aug 2009, 00:53 (Ref:2528930)   #38
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
just as a thought, was there a Briggs contract that 888 inherited, and could that have possibly contained something about "blue"?

or was there no contract/brand new contract with 888?
Old 27 Aug 2009, 05:37 (Ref:2528990)   #39
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

Quote:
You sound close to the action. Post up the contract showing what breach of contract happened. I bet it will never see the light of day because Ford don't want to lose the last fans they have that 'believe' their spin.

But you like to continue it don't you Stealthy?

Here's the deal, Ford allegedly offered Dane two contracts one for X $$'s which specified certain coverage and another for xxxv $'s for further coverage, 888 took the latter but didn't comply. This is from someone who was close to the action at the time. Perhaps GTRMagic could sniff around the powder room with this info.

There's more too it than that, but it's where the 'lack of blue' came from.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 08:32 (Ref:2529066)   #40
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh for crying out loud! Can everybody just paint their cars purple and be done with it!
Old 27 Aug 2009, 08:40 (Ref:2529072)   #41
Conrod Kieron
Veteran

For **** sake, why do people have to post this crap like this, STAY OUT OF THE THREAD if your not interested, it's not that hard.
Old 27 Aug 2009, 08:54 (Ref:2529084)   #42
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
Oh for crying out loud! Can everybody just paint their cars purple and be done with it!
That would make them all valiants wouldn't it?
Old 27 Aug 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2529132)   #43
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazil View Post
A passing shower??? I am sorry but either you were too young to remember or are suffering from c.r.a.f.t (can’t remember a .....thing...). That was one hell of a shower that had massive runs of water across various parts of the track and led to the race being red flagged on lap 142 because of accidents everywhere on the mountain. The punters were angry for 2 reasons.1. The Bathurst die hards who are either Ford or Holden always hated the Jap Godzilla's. The second reason is most punters did not understand the leader of the lap before the red flag rule so in their eyes the Dick and Bowe Sierra should have been awarded the win.

How true how true, pity the fans can't except it
Old 27 Aug 2009, 10:42 (Ref:2529142)   #44
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
That would make them all valiants wouldn't it?
well if thats the case we can't forget the fluffy dice hanging from the rearvision mirror and the nodding dog on the parcel shelf.
Old 28 Aug 2009, 06:16 (Ref:2529681)   #45
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
well if thats the case we can't forget the fluffy dice hanging from the rearvision mirror and the nodding dog on the parcel shelf.
Exactly Pro!......I remembered the dog but I clean forgot about the fluffy dice!