Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > 10 Tenths Motorsport > Announcements and Feedback

Old 4 Nov 2013, 02:11 (Ref:3326804)   #1
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone, -- new, old member here.

Greetings everyone,

It's been 10 or more years since I last participated on the forum here. I use to post under the username, Lee. I am a former moderator on the NASCAR forum here, Joe Fan, if he still posts here, might remember me from those days. Unfortunately, I was forced to give up the moderator position and leave the forum, due to health problems, that turned out to be type 2 diabetes and due to having to take care of my ailing parents. Diabetes forced me into retirement from the the U.S. Marine Corps, fortunately, I had over 20 years service in, so I was able to retire, with full benefits, rather than be seperated with severance pay. Both parents passed on, mother in 2006 and dad in 2007. Since then, I have finally met the girl of my dreams. Oddly, we grew up, 7 miles appart, went to rival high schools, graduated the same year, but until 4 years ago, had never met. What is strange, is that we both knew who each other were, had mutual friends and our paths crossed probably hundreds of times over the years, but we just never met, until 4 years ago. I guess the time just has to be right. We recently purchased a house and now live in Flowery Branch, in North Georgia. We had lived South of Atlanta, she in Decatur and I, in Ellenwood. She had not ever been to a race and had not ever shown any interest in racing, unusual, considering her father was an auto mechanic. That changed. She has attended a race with me and now enjoys watching the races with me each weekend. All of the NASCAR Series, Sprint Cup, Nationwide, Camping World Trucks, K&N, as well as ARCA and any of the other stock car series that might be shown on TV. I don't really believe that I "converted" her into a racing fan, I think I just gave her the oppertunity to see/discover something that she now enjoys. Anyway, as they say, allot of water has gone "over the dam", or "under the bridge", in the 10 or more years that I have been absent from here. So, to anyone that I knew here before, I say hello and look forward to renewing aquaintence with and to those that I either did not know before, and those that have joined in the time that I have been gone, I look forward to meeting and discussing racing with you. To all, have a good evening/good day.

Best regards,

R.Lee (formerly Lee)
Old 4 Nov 2013, 04:26 (Ref:3326834)   #2
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, welcome back (not that I really have any authority to say that, having only been around since the demise of the ALMS fan forum).

Excellent story though... and you live in the same town as Johnny O'Connell hails from, which has to count for some extra cred.

Hope you come across some other old hands still hanging around here.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 09:15 (Ref:3326905)   #3
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Welcome back and what a nice story, apart from the diabetes bit. It looks like your old screen name is still active so you need to decide which one you want to use, if you contact magneton he'll sort it out for you. It helps clear his database if he can clear unused users.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 10:33 (Ref:3326938)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, a lovely returning and poignant post; thanks for sharing. Hope that you enjoy your time on here again.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 18:47 (Ref:3327119)   #5
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would the R stand for Robert, as in Robert E Lee?
One of my heros'
Old 4 Nov 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3327151)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome back!
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3327292)   #7
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Would the R stand for Robert, as in Robert E Lee?
One of my heros'
The "Iron General", one of the, if not the best General that this country ever produced! Excellend choice for a hero! No, the R stands for Richard, my first name, Lee is my middle name.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3327294)   #8
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Welcome back and what a nice story, apart from the diabetes bit. It looks like your old screen name is still active so you need to decide which one you want to use, if you contact magneton he'll sort it out for you. It helps clear his database if he can clear unused users.
I'm going to keep the one I'm using now. I'll contact him and see what needs to be sorted out.
Old 4 Nov 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3327295)   #9
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Thank you everyone, for the welcome back.
Old 5 Nov 2013, 11:06 (Ref:3327461)   #10
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another NASCAR fan - welcome back...
Old 6 Nov 2013, 14:08 (Ref:3328006)   #11
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
You were before my time... ha!

In any case, welcome back Mr. Lee!
Old 9 Nov 2013, 11:35 (Ref:3329310)   #12
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
The "Iron General", one of the, if not the best General that this country ever produced! Excellend choice for a hero! No, the R stands for Richard, my first name, Lee is my middle name.
Georgia eh? Would 'R' stand for Redneck atimes?

I have a number of books about 'your' Civil War and three on 'Bobby' Lee, I disagree slightly with you opinion, Robert E Lee was the finest general your country has ever produced and certainly amongst the greatest the world has ever seen. Along with Thomas J Jackson, he stands out as a supreme tactician.

For fans of Historic Racing, sorry about the diversion.

Nice to 'virtually' meet you Lee.

High regards,

Bob.