Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 6 May 2014, 19:10 (Ref:3403000)   #51
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy View Post
I'm guessing from the helmet that this is Chigley?
In a diesel Maserati!
Old 6 May 2014, 21:22 (Ref:3403076)   #52
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
In a diesel Maserati!
OK extract the urine. It could have been a diesel Mazda 6.
The car was very pleasant for a large framed CEO of a blue chip corporation, but you needed seat anchors to stop sliding about when cornering at a decent pace. Very comfortable, very quiet, turning the sports bells and whistles on produced a decent sound and ride. Not bad for a three day runabout.
Old 7 May 2014, 05:17 (Ref:3403183)   #53
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
OK extract the urine.
I thought a comment might wake you up.....
Old 7 May 2014, 10:14 (Ref:3403278)   #54
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
In a diesel Maserati!
Seriously, what have the design team done to that model?!!

Lovely pics posted so far chaps, Richard's 'French' Rover is absolutely superb. Ken has done a brilliant job on restoring that car, although as he told me, although the turnaround on that was quite quick considering the work involved, it wasn't as quick, or as difficult as Peter's which was done in c11 weeks!

Richard's car was a bit quiet though which must have been due to the silencer, he said he could hear every car around him apart from his own!

A few cars fell by the wayside after Saturday for various reasons including the Trans-am XJS, Jim's Golf GTi (shame I missed it) and Simon Mason's 528 broke on Friday so he missed the entire meeting.
The TWR XJS sounded a bit poorly on Sunday too, I'm sure it had a cylinder lapse of some sort?

Ric Wood's Belgian Capri looked and sounded absolutely superb as well, and I have to say the Dolomites and Capris in the G1 class had a decent little scrap.
Old 7 May 2014, 10:36 (Ref:3403285)   #55
PictureSports1
Rookie

PictureSports1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Donnington Historic Festival Photographys

What an excellent first two days at the Historic Festival. Just about every type of car you could think of is racing. Big Jags , Le Mans style, Touring cars from several generations, F3, vintage ... the list is endless. And the racing ... full blooded, high caffeine, foot to the floor stuff. We have photographs from the action on our facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/picturesports and also on our website at www.picturesports.co.uk as well as feature of the photographs in our next issue of the FREE magazine.
Attached Thumbnails
Doninton-Festival-2748.jpg  
Old 7 May 2014, 11:24 (Ref:3403295)   #56
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post

A few cars fell by the wayside after Saturday for various reasons including ....... and Simon Mason's 528 broke on Friday so he missed the entire meeting.
Dropped a valve I think.
Old 7 May 2014, 12:17 (Ref:3403318)   #57
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
(Maserati Quattroporte) Seriously, what have the design team done to that model?!!
At least they haven't changed the name to "Four Door" !

Thanks for the race pics and info, guys. That's what I miss when not there!

Old 7 May 2014, 13:43 (Ref:3403353)   #58
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
I thought a comment might wake you up.....
Don't tell me someone noticed my struggles to stay awake at times.
Old 7 May 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3403355)   #59
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Quote:
I gather that Christopher Tate and Castle Donington got together and organised a race car cavalcade into the village (town?) centre last night
Some pictures of the parade.

Donington Historic Festival car parade
Old 7 May 2014, 17:37 (Ref:3403451)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigley View Post
Some pictures of the parade.

Thanks Ian.