Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Apr 2014, 19:55 (Ref:3389076)   #26
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Steady on Cliff, that is almost a complete rebuild for the Jag......

Maybe see you at Snett.....
Yes I know, I also spent today tidying up the inside

Will let you know if I'm doing Snett after trip to Gary's on Tuesday.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 20:07 (Ref:3389077)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Hey Cliff you wont even need to take four plug leads off to make it a V8 once the plugs oil up lol!
Old 6 Apr 2014, 05:28 (Ref:3389154)   #28
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Yes I know, I also spent today tidying up the inside
My van gets the same- biscuit crumbs, food wrappers, old starbucks cups...........

Yours, enthusiastic amateur.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3389185)   #29
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Maybe see you at Snett.....
There are big grids to enjoy in most races inc Morgans and Jag club races. Of CSCC's own series I think my Modern Classics race on Sunday is one of the smaller ones with 31 cars. I'm racing the 924S

Swinging Sixties, Classic K, Future Classics are on Sat.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 09:55 (Ref:3389224)   #30
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
My van gets the same- biscuit crumbs, food wrappers, old starbucks cups...........

Yours, enthusiastic amateur.
I even polished the wood veneer on the dash to make it more aerodynamic
Old 21 Apr 2014, 20:28 (Ref:3396393)   #31
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm a bit confused. By the "V8" Lotus Europa and Westfield 11 in today's race at Oulton!
Old 21 Apr 2014, 21:23 (Ref:3396426)   #32
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
I think the commentators referred to it as Bernie's V8s and Friends.....

Whatever, a couple of enjoyable races, I thought.....watching Mark Wright power-sliding Bernie's Corvette out of Knicker Brook, and Phil Keen (fresh from piloting a Minshaw Porsche 997 GT3 in the British GT race) similarly hurling Mr Minshaw's Chevy Malibu every which way through the entire Hislops/Knicker Brook complex was great! Lots of other good battles throughout the field.......

Cliff seemed to have quite a good dice with the GT40 in race 1, but didn't start race 2
Old 22 Apr 2014, 06:37 (Ref:3396516)   #33
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
I'm a bit confused. By the "V8" Lotus Europa and Westfield 11 in today's race at Oulton!
In order to increase grid sizes, certain races have invited the Sports Racing and GT Challenge to enter.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 09:54 (Ref:3396587)   #34
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Oh well I sprayed a new wing and nose cone and fitted them of my 3rd Gen, also fitted a new windscreen and mowed the lawn so that took up most of my weekend, a man can only do so much! Why not out in Race 2 Cliff, nothing major I hope?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3396618)   #35
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Whatever, a couple of enjoyable races, I thought.....
Very enjoyable from my viewpoint at Deer Leap. I was annoyed that their second race was shortened because of problems caused by the VWs, though.
Old 22 Apr 2014, 12:48 (Ref:3396683)   #36
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Brand View Post
Very enjoyable from my viewpoint at Deer Leap. I was annoyed that their second race was shortened because of problems caused by the VWs, though.
Bet the VWs were pretty unhappy, too - Race 1 cancelled after about 100 yards, and race 2 (or Race 1 Mk2) red-flagged after less than 10 minutes.....
Old 22 Apr 2014, 13:16 (Ref:3396697)   #37
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Bet the VWs were pretty unhappy, too - Race 1 cancelled after about 100 yards, and race 2 (or Race 1 Mk2) red-flagged after less than 10 minutes.....
Wasn't their day, was it?

I'm just glad I didn't have to do a written report on their second race. What should I have put in the "race number" box? Was it a re-run of race 9, race 11 as that's where it was promoted to in the running order or race 13 which is what their second race should have been?
Old 22 Apr 2014, 23:01 (Ref:3396977)   #38
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Another good meeting, well worth the three hour drive and very well attended by the general public, as some of the public car parks were full when I arrived at 7:45!

Practice was good Q 15 out of 18 and brakes seemed to be ok after last weeks misdemeanour.

Race one, not a bad start and as Richard said, I had a good tussle with a GT40, who could outdrag me on the straights, but I was quicker on the corners, so on the third or fourth time of trying I went all the way round the outside at Cascades and managed to get in front. However, after another lap or so, the brake problem returned and the pedal went soft, so I was checking them before each corner, just in case and went for a finish - 11th, very pleased as I'd also knocked 2 secs a lap off my time and had a great deal of fun.

After she had cooled down I started checking her over and noticed that the brake reservoir was low, caused by fluid leaking from the seal on the top of master cylinder feed tube, so after Cheung tried a temporary fix and me failing to locate a master cylinder seal kit for an XJS on a bank holiday afternoon, I reluctantly scratched from the second race.

Shame it wasn't better supported, as they are a friendly bunch and the motto 'Racing as it used to be' seems to fit - roll on Speedfest
Old 23 Apr 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3397123)   #39
rpgk
Rookie

United Kingdom
London
rpgk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't suppose anyone has any footage of the racing? Link to youtube? Are any of the races televised?
Thanks
Old 25 Apr 2014, 15:00 (Ref:3398144)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
So the wipe down with a wet rag and polish the dashboard pre-race maintenance schedule didn't work on this occasion Clifford! You should have given me a shout before setting off and I would have had a look at it for you I don't want to have to look for another accountant again as you cannot mess about when it comes to brakes! BTW if its an internal seal in the Master Cylinder I would replace the whole thing.
Old 25 Apr 2014, 18:58 (Ref:3398234)   #41
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

I agree Al & will be investing in a new one!