Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win the Rabble.club Sandown 500?
1. Whincup/Dumbrell 4 21.05%
2. Pye/Luff 0 0%
5. Winterbottom/Canto 0 0%
6. Waters/Russell 0 0%
7. Heimgartner/Russell 0 0%
8. Percat/Jones 0 0%
9. Reynolds/Youlden 0 0%
12. Coulthard/D’Alberto 0 0%
14. Slade/Walsh 0 0%
15. Kelly/Jacobson 0 0%
17. McLaughlin/Premat 6 31.58%
18. Holdsworth/Bright 1 5.26%
19. LeBrocq/Webb 0 0%
21. Blanchard/Wood 0 0%
23. Caruso/Fiore 0 0%
25. Courtney/Perkins 1 5.26%
33. Tander/Pither 0 0%
34. Golding/Muscat 0 0%
35. Hazelwood/Fullwood 0 0%
55. Mostert/Moffat 1 5.26%
56. Stanaway/Owen 0 0%
78. De Silvestro/Rullo 0 0%
97. Van Gisbergen/Bamber 5 26.32%
99. De Pasquale/Brown 0 0%
230. Davison/Davison 0 0%
888. Lowndes/Richards 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 17 Sep 2018, 06:41 (Ref:3850936)   #126
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I suspect he'll see out his career at 23Red, whether it's at the conclusion of this contract, or the next.
By his demeanor at the moment, I think this is a fair call.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 12:02 (Ref:3851017)   #127
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A very good performance from both Davisons at Sandown , perhaps Alex showing the racing the WEC is an asset in Supercars. as did Bamber I suppose.
Old 17 Sep 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3851019)   #128
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
A very good performance from both Davisons at Sandown , perhaps Alex showing the racing the WEC is an asset in Supercars. as did Bamber I suppose.
Alex is a class driver, another one on the heap that could never show his best solo in a Supercar. Do we say Richie is in that bin now?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 18 Sep 2018, 13:36 (Ref:3851272)   #129
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Caught up with the race last night. Complete domination by 888, biggest beat down I can remember in the category by one team in a long time. Hope the competition can be a little closer for Bathurst.

Agreed on Coulthard, since midway through last season, he just hasn't been good enough. He's consistently 4th of the 888, DJR quartet (excluding the retiring Lowndes). If I"m DJRTP I'm considering who else I can put in the seat to support McLaughlin. Problem is, I'm not sure there's too many guys that would be consistently at that level. Mostert would be the one for me but I think he's contracted to Tickford for a while.
Old 18 Sep 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3851330)   #130
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Agreed on Coulthard, since midway through last season, he just hasn't been good enough. He's consistently 4th of the 888, DJR quartet (excluding the retiring Lowndes). If I"m DJRTP I'm considering who else I can put in the seat to support McLaughlin. Problem is, I'm not sure there's too many guys that would be consistently at that level.
D Reynolds.
Old 19 Sep 2018, 07:43 (Ref:3851390)   #131
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Alex is a class driver, another one on the heap that could never show his best solo in a Supercar.
Why not? He had ample opportunity to do so.

Even if you guess the old Perkins VY and old FPR FG were sheds, Alex Davison also raced a then brand new Stone Brothers FG Falcon for three full seasons -- the same type Mr van Gisbergen took to P1 on multiple instances.
Old 19 Sep 2018, 08:41 (Ref:3851397)   #132
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Even if you guess the old Perkins VY and old FPR FG were sheds, Alex Davison also raced a then brand new Stone Brothers FG Falcon for three full seasons -- the same type Mr van Gisbergen took to P1 on multiple instances.
Just like others who are great talents in GT cars but can't cut it next to a fast teammate, like Alex Premat.
Old 20 Sep 2018, 03:05 (Ref:3851522)   #133
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Just like others who are great talents in GT cars but can't cut it next to a fast teammate, like Alex Premat.
Alex gave him a run for his money at times in the last year, just a shame that he got bump for the Volvo implant....
Old 20 Sep 2018, 23:57 (Ref:3851686)   #134
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Caught up with the race last night. Complete domination by 888, biggest beat down I can remember in the category by one team in a long time. Hope the competition can be a little closer for Bathurst.

Agreed on Coulthard, since midway through last season, he just hasn't been good enough. He's consistently 4th of the 888, DJR quartet (excluding the retiring Lowndes). If I"m DJRTP I'm considering who else I can put in the seat to support McLaughlin. Problem is, I'm not sure there's too many guys that would be consistently at that level. Mostert would be the one for me but I think he's contracted to Tickford for a while.
Coinciding with becoming a father to twins perhaps?
Old 21 Sep 2018, 00:12 (Ref:3851688)   #135
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muznik View Post
Coinciding with becoming a father to twins perhaps?
It is enough to take it out of anyone.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 11:04 (Ref:3851943)   #136
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Found Erebus, who then ran out of money and cut him free. Similar story at Tekno, allegedly.
For the sake of the great unwashed, can you please explain how the two richest team owners can run out of money?

Tekno, apparently, can suffer from T-Rex Syndrome - a condition where short arms can't always reach down to the wallet or the driver payroll "Approve" button. Kind of frustrating when Steve Webb is a billionaire - or very close to it.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 11:34 (Ref:3851952)   #137
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Through the MB years, Erebus were hemorrhaging money serverely.

Mr Davision was said to be on circa $700K a season with them. By mid-2015 all development was halted on the cars. By quarter 3 of the season, a made re-structure behind the scenes occurred to strem the bleeding. One of the decisions was to release Mr Davison of his contract to save themselves several hundred thousand dollars a year. One of the others was moving Betty further away from the decision-making....

I can't really comment on how things went down at Tekno, but I suspect with the new facility, a ZB in the offing, and bringing Mr Burgess into the fold, things got tight at one point with the finances. Suppliers don't get paid, staff don't get paid, and so on (allegedly). Cut big-dollar Mr Davison out, replace with cheap JLB, who brings a budget. Problem solved.

It's not my place to detirmine if Mr Davison commands too much many. On paper, he looks very good. 2 Bathurst wins, finishing at the pointy-end of the championship several times, multiple race winner, A1GP gig, F1 test gig. Has the all-important dowry that most drivers need these days. He probably sells himself very well.

How do two of the richest people in Supercars fall short on funds? Simple. When you're pulling money out of other areas of your portfolio to prop it up, and the investors are not happy about it, that's a problem.
Old 22 Sep 2018, 12:28 (Ref:3851959)   #138
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur View Post
Alex gave him a run for his money at times in the last year, just a shame that he got bump for the Volvo implant....
If Alex Davison had performed like Shane van Gisbergen, and if Alex Premat had performed like Scott McLaughlin, then somebody would still give them a drive in the series!

Mr. Holdsworth has a far greater resume of race wins, many secured in midpack GRM Commodores, yet people are calling for him to retire!?
Old 24 Sep 2018, 06:26 (Ref:3852336)   #139
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Mr. Holdsworth has a far greater resume of race wins, many secured in midpack GRM Commodores, yet people are calling for him to retire!?
Many
He has two with GRM and one with Erebus, one lucky win at Oran Park when he was the only one on wets, one at Homebush and the Erebus win at Winton!

Not sure how that equates to many!
Old 24 Sep 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3852364)   #140
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Homebush win fell into his lap, when Mr van Gisbergen ran out of juice on the last lap.