Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2019, 15:02 (Ref:3874159)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
(NZ) Skope Classic

1st of the three NZ race meetings with added interest from Formula Juniors, shipped from Europe and elsewhere.....
Old 11 Jan 2019, 20:29 (Ref:3875590)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Just had an e mail to say container has arrived in NZ .
Old 11 Jan 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3875592)   #3
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just had an e mail to say container has arrived in NZ .
Hopefully with the car and gear still in it!
Old 25 Jan 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3878622)   #4
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Two more sleeps . Well in my bed at home . Then 30 hours on three aeroplanes .
Old 25 Jan 2019, 18:30 (Ref:3878626)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Sounds a bit greedy......
Old 26 Jan 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3878759)   #6
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Safe travels and have a great time !
Old 26 Jan 2019, 23:09 (Ref:3879172)   #7
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, bags packed, weighed, repacked to meet limits, sat on, zipped up. Just got to get to sleep now, wondering what that vital item is I've forgotten to pack. It'll come to me at 2am, always does
Old 27 Jan 2019, 08:44 (Ref:3879423)   #8
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
God speed (and good speed) to you both. We're excited waiting for the updates, how you two must feel is indescribable.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 27 Jan 2019, 09:10 (Ref:3879429)   #9
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Just got to get to sleep now, wondering what that vital item is I've forgotten to pack.
Action cam'? Have fun!
Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:12 (Ref:3879512)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Thank you for good wishes. We have had some very sad news in as much that one of our drivers has now got medical problem and cant come. Absolutely gutted for him. He and his |Mrs are lovely people. Life not fair some times.
For me I am in awkwood place. Excited, but also worried about leaving workshop for six weeks knowing we only have two weeks when I get back to the first race over here.
At work now leaving notes all over the place.As some one said to me last week,"dont worry the problems will still be here when you get back".
Old 27 Jan 2019, 11:33 (Ref:3879522)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Yep, bags packed, weighed, repacked to meet limits, sat on, zipped up. Just got to get to sleep now, wondering what that vital item is I've forgotten to pack.It'll come to me at 2am, always does
Mrs McKay?
Old 27 Jan 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3879549)   #12
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a good trip Iain. Angela was asking is Mrs Delta going on this trip.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 27 Jan 2019, 14:33 (Ref:3879673)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Mrs Delta coming out for second two weeks .Dont want her getting in the way of racing .
Old 27 Jan 2019, 17:51 (Ref:3879916)   #14
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hmmmm checked in and smiled at lot at the lady . No upgrade . 🙁
Old 27 Jan 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3879942)   #15
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Hmmmm checked in and smiled at lot at the lady . No upgrade .
That's because you left Mrs Delta at home

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 28 Jan 2019, 10:34 (Ref:3880131)   #16
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Technical glitches already! OK, it was naive to think we could switch mobile network providers merely 2 weeks in advance and for it all to be working. At least got wifi when available and got bills from both providers today to prove it! Very bumpy journey to Singapore, potholes are worse here than at home🤣
Old 28 Jan 2019, 11:09 (Ref:3880135)   #17
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Had good trip to Singapore . Chap and his Mrs sitting next to me have a Daimler Dart . Caught up with sleep . Just getting on next plane to Brisborne . It’s only 11 am with you and I’ve been half way across the world . Probably report in tomorrow now . When I get to Christchurch .
Old 28 Jan 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3880142)   #18
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Had good trip to Singapore . Chap and his Mrs sitting next to me have a Daimler Dart . Caught up with sleep . Just getting on next plane to Brisbane . It’s only 11 am with you and I’ve been half way across the world . Probably report in tomorrow now . When I get to Christchurch .
Good to hear no drone-dramas or whatever! Had a stopover in Singapore once and couldn’t believe the humidity! Remember we walked to a park area where it was all street food stalls. Absolutely brilliant.....
Old 28 Jan 2019, 12:34 (Ref:3880148)   #19
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Good to hear no drone-dramas or whatever! Had a stopover in Singapore once and couldn’t believe the humidity! Remember we walked to a park area where it was all street food stalls. Absolutely brilliant.....

Singapore and Hong Kong are superb, but you do have to pick your times to visit. I found that the worst times to go are June to the middle of September, so I used to go out every January, May and October.

I made the mistake of going to HK once in July, and after the long flight (it was about 18 hours as there weren't any direct flights back then) I went to the hotel's fitness centre to have a sauna. I needn't have bothered because I perspired more going from the fitness centre, which was at the side of the hotel's swimming pool, back into the hotel than in the sauna itself!

Never repeated that error again.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 13:23 (Ref:3880162)   #20
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Technical glitches already! OK, it was naive to think we could switch mobile network providers merely 2 weeks in advance and for it all to be working. At least got wifi when available and got bills from both providers today to prove it! Very bumpy journey to Singapore, potholes are worse here than at home��
Colin, I cant vouch for NZ, but I had similar problems going the other way when visiting my Mum in Spain. Now I simply go to the Vodafone shop at Barcelona Airport and buy a prepaid sim card. Language probs actually saw me get stitched up at the airport, but as soon as I got to Mums, the local Vodafone agent gave me a prepaid Simcard, giving me 800 minutes (yes 800) of International and National calls to anywhere in the world for just 15 Euros. ( The downside is that I had to change my number to a Spanish one for the duration), but I was able to ring mobiles and land lines in Aus (and my Bro in the UK) and never used up my limit in 6 weeks there.

I just told people urgently needing me to email me.... I could then call them back.

I just reinserted my Aus simcard when I returned home. Situation normal.
Old 28 Jan 2019, 15:05 (Ref:3880191)   #21
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
E.B, you still own a Simca? Nice. Aronde or Grand Carrossier?
Old 28 Jan 2019, 20:52 (Ref:3880277)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
That was close . Off plane at Bisborne and straight onto ride to Christchurch . Sat next to two nice girlies z 😀
Old 28 Jan 2019, 22:38 (Ref:3880295)   #23
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That was close . Off plane at Bisborne and straight onto ride to Christchurch . Sat next to two nice girlies z 😀
Hope you have a good time mate.

Meanwhile in Britain there's forecast of snow...
Old 29 Jan 2019, 01:38 (Ref:3880324)   #24
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Arrived safe and sound . Just having a cup of tea and now to try and stay awake .
Old 29 Jan 2019, 05:38 (Ref:3880348)   #25
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Sat next to two nice girlies z 😀
HĂ© ben, c'est du propre, on reluque les gonzesses Ă* prĂ©sent? No head ache? I ask because… you know what!