Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 16 Feb 2007, 01:05 (Ref:1842741)   #26
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ250575
Looking at various sites i read the intersport/creation/velo scenario as

Sebring only

Intersport to run 1 CA06H with narrow wheels (allowing there tyre supplier more time to make wider rubber)

Creation possibly to run a CA06H with Wider wheels and probably michelin LMP1 tyres (tyre are my guess)

After sebring

Intersport get the wider wheeled version with new rubber from there tyre suppliers (having been given more time)

Creation take the narrow wheeled on and convert whatever needs to be converted to LMP2 spec and then sell that to Velocity (who will possibly compete at end of season)

In the meantim I guess Creation will compete in LMS woth the CA07 whilst using the 2nd CA07 due later in the year to test the AIM/Judd new engine..

If anyone can put anything I have wrong to correct please cos im getting confussed..
I think you have it pretty well in hand!

L.P.
Old 16 Feb 2007, 16:26 (Ref:1843258)   #27
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
same livery or something new for this year? and tentative plans for bring the new car to LM in 08?
Old 16 Feb 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1843351)   #28
TWK
Veteran

TWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty
excellent news! - but thats interesting too, on page 21 of last weeks autosport, it said intersport were about to buy one of dysons lola-AER V8's.........and that the creation deal had fell through......looks like they ironed it out.......I think intersport have bought the better car (creation) at the end of the day........
The Lola deal never fell through because there never was one. That's just an example of a publication adding two and two and coming up with five.

Quote:
will it be the wide wheel version?........surely they cant seriously be looking to still run the car on the old LMP675 small rims in LMP1???......
After Sebring the team intends to run with the larger wheels, that additional time being required for Kumho to provide the proper tires for the bigger wheels.

Quote:
also it says the Judd 5.0.......surely this is a mistake.........anyone in their right mind should run the 5.5, with 10bhp extra, 10% more torque, and 2% fuel saving - they will be silly not to........not a major chassis tear up, just some new restrictors, possibly some thicker rads to help heat rejection too?........all simple stuff
Fogulhund's information that the 5.5 is not justified - given the team then having to deal with another change to the package - for NA tracks is consistent with what I have heard.
Old 17 Feb 2007, 18:08 (Ref:1843815)   #29
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton
The Lola B05/40 & B07/40 are terrific cars. The B06/10, not so much...I don't expect that car to be in contention.
B05/40 and B06/10 are using the same chassis. The suspension parts are a little stronger for the LMP1 version and the engine is different, thats at least 90% of the difference.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 17:10 (Ref:1844447)   #30
John Thawley
Rookie

John Thawley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK
The Lola deal never fell through because there never was one. That's just an example of a publication adding two and two and coming up with five.
Hmmmm.... interesting.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 17:25 (Ref:1844461)   #31
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well look at this way, both the ex-dyson lola's were probably sold off, modified to B07/10 spec and one sold to charouz and the other sold to swiss spirit thats what i would have thought.

or are the dyson B06/10's still for sale?
Old 18 Feb 2007, 18:11 (Ref:1844493)   #32
John Thawley
Rookie

John Thawley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice
well look at this way, both the ex-dyson lola's were probably sold off, modified to B07/10 spec and one sold to charouz and the other sold to swiss spirit thats what i would have thought.
That's incorrect.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 18:56 (Ref:1844521)   #33
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice

or are the dyson B06/10's still for sale?
I think Lola type numbers were discussed recently either on here or on the ALMS forum (think the actual subject of the discussion was the Acura & Mazda LMP2s), and the conclusion reached was that the first part of the designation is the actual year of manufacture- so by that logic if Charouz and Swiss Spirit had bought the Dyson cars, they'd still be called B06/10s, even if they were given all of the 2007 updates.
If they're running as B07/10's, then they'll be new chassis, not the ex-Dyson ones...
Old 18 Feb 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1844534)   #34
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA
I think Lola type numbers were discussed recently either on here or on the ALMS forum (think the actual subject of the discussion was the Acura & Mazda LMP2s), and the conclusion reached was that the first part of the designation is the actual year of manufacture- so by that logic if Charouz and Swiss Spirit had bought the Dyson cars, they'd still be called B06/10s, even if they were given all of the 2007 updates.
If they're running as B07/10's, then they'll be new chassis, not the ex-Dyson ones...
ah ok then, logic in my head would have thought that the 2 dyson cars would have been rebuilt and sold on to charouz and swiss spirit, with the 2007 modifications.