Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 Jun 2019, 09:38 (Ref:3908612)   #11
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As this seems like the most appropriate place to ask, how is the specification of a non-homologated car handled for the purpose of HTP's? As an example (unless I am otherwise mistaken) the Ginetta G4 R, for which I can only find homologation papers for the earlier G4. As I understand it from reading previous posts, it is acceptable to fit any engine used in that type of car in a period International event, thus allowing the use of the Lotus Twin-Cam. Likewise, I imagine that the bodywork is covered by period photographs. What I do not understand is how finer details such as minimum weight, final drive, gear ratios, brake system and the like are determined in this case. Would anyone be willing to indulge my curiosity?

Tags
homologation papers