Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Dec 2012, 22:11 (Ref:3175941)   #26
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
sollitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
MSNZ officialdom particularly quiet on this thread.
It's not something that they ought be discussing publicly. Also they won't be in possession of all of the facts presently. What they should have done by now is issued an advisory to all member clubs stating the position "as they know it to be with further information to follow".
Old 6 Dec 2012, 23:10 (Ref:3175964)   #27
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollitt View Post
It's not something that they ought be discussing publicly. Also they won't be in possession of all of the facts presently. What they should have done by now is issued an advisory to all member clubs stating the position "as they know it to be with further information to follow".
That's right Bruce. MSNZ have never been good on communicating with the Member Clubs (who effectively "own" MSNZ). I would have thought that an issue regarding how exposed MSNZ is to MPL would be of relevance to the Clubs. This is something MSNZ must know as they will have lodged a claim as an unsecured creditor. We have asked for this figure but didn't get a direct answer. I hope it isn't a case of MSNZ thinking the Clubs are irrelevant (as the President of MSNZ told us our club was).
Old 6 Dec 2012, 23:49 (Ref:3175979)   #28
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerH View Post
I hope it isn't a case of MSNZ thinking the Clubs are irrelevant (as the President of MSNZ told us our club was).
When did he say that??
Old 6 Dec 2012, 23:57 (Ref:3175980)   #29
Bill Brown
Racer

Bill Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nistfan View Post
Does he still have a job then
Yes I do.

If you want any printing done give me a ring.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 01:10 (Ref:3176001)   #30
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Yes I do.

Old 7 Dec 2012, 03:12 (Ref:3176025)   #31
nistfan
Racer

New Zealand
nistfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brown View Post
Yes I do.

Hows the order looking for Timaru in January, and I suggest you get Paid up Front. You dont what to end up as a Creditor next year as well
Old 7 Dec 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3176031)   #32
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
RogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRogerH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
When did he say that??
In a letter to our club dated 22 November 2012. The actual words were : "Whether your club agrees or not is of no relevance. The Executive has the authority under the constitution to make decisions and to implement them".
I thought that the Member Clubs were in fact what constitutes MSNZ but it seems at least some of the Executive think the views of Member Clubs are irrelevant.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 05:35 (Ref:3176055)   #33
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
In a letter to our club dated 22 November 2012. The actual words were : "Whether your club agrees or not is of no relevance. The Executive has the authority under the constitution to make decisions and to implement them".
I thought that the Member Clubs were in fact what constitutes MSNZ but it seems at least some of the Executive think the views of Member Clubs are irrelevant.
What unbelievable arrogance! And they wonder why the bulk of track competitors out there hate them or want nothing to do with them...
Old 7 Dec 2012, 08:09 (Ref:3176100)   #34
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
if you are gonna quote a comment you don't agree with, at least have the decency to put it into context so we can see where it lies.

can you please provide the paragraphs either side of your qoute ( or the whole letter) so we can make an imformed descision as to whether your club has been belittled by MSNZ, or if the the response was , in fact, to something so absurd that MSNZ were never gonna agree with it??
Old 7 Dec 2012, 10:28 (Ref:3176131)   #35
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
if you are gonna quote a comment you don't agree with, at least have the decency to put it into context so we can see where it lies.

can you please provide the paragraphs either side of your qoute ( or the whole letter) so we can make an imformed descision as to whether your club has been belittled by MSNZ, or if the the response was , in fact, to something so absurd that MSNZ were never gonna agree with it??
Joe, I think as a matter of principle the attitude of the President of MSNZ telling one of the member clubs that their view is irrelevant is not really acceptable especially when the Constitution requires MSNZ to "act in good faith and loyalty ... for the collective and mutual benefit of the member clubs ... at all times operate with, and promote, mutual trust and confidence between MotorSport New Zealand and its member clubs ... at all times to act on behalf of, and in the interests of, the member clubs ...".

It appears the MSNZ response was in context to this observation that our club made in a letter to MSNZ :

We note that this section of the National Sporting Code says that MSNZ may authorise and organise events, however it certainly does not say that MSNZ must run such a championship. Not running a championship is certainly an option that MSNZ could explore if running that championship was to the financial or any other detriment of Member Clubs. Additionally, the National Sporting Code provides for New Zealand MotorSport championships to be organised by Member Clubs not MSNZ.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 12:10 (Ref:3176152)   #36
KRDG
Rookie

KRDG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Joe, I think as a matter of principle the attitude of the President of MSNZ telling one of the member clubs that their view is irrelevant is not really acceptable especially when the Constitution requires MSNZ to "act in good faith and loyalty ... for the collective and mutual benefit of the member clubs ... at all times operate with, and promote, mutual trust and confidence between MotorSport New Zealand and its member clubs ... at all times to act on behalf of, and in the interests of, the member clubs ...".

It appears the MSNZ response was in context to this observation that our club made in a letter to MSNZ :

We note that this section of the National Sporting Code says that MSNZ may authorise and organise events, however it certainly does not say that MSNZ must run such a championship. Not running a championship is certainly an option that MSNZ could explore if running that championship was to the financial or any other detriment of Member Clubs. Additionally, the National Sporting Code provides for New Zealand MotorSport championships to be organised by Member Clubs not MSNZ.
Well done Roger. Just keep the facts and the quotes coming thick and fast. Leave the emotion and speculation aside as you do and then maybe those who dont ‘get it’ ie the way MSNZ has been run (into the ground) for many years will slowly confront the realization that there needs to be a cataclysmic clean out, top to bottom, side to side and back again, of the entire MSNZ organization.

It cannot come soon enough by the way.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3176437)   #37
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRDG View Post
Well done Roger. Just keep the facts and the quotes coming thick and fast. Leave the emotion and speculation aside as you do and then maybe those who dont ‘get it’ ie the way MSNZ has been run (into the ground) for many years will slowly confront the realization that there needs to be a cataclysmic clean out, top to bottom, side to side and back again, of the entire MSNZ organization.

It cannot come soon enough by the way.

Absolutely unbelieveable!
To make an emotive comment like that without facts runs contrary to what you actually congratulated the poster for.

If you have facts to support this emotive outburst, please share, otherwise please just share a reasoned opinion.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 07:41 (Ref:3176443)   #38
raymond
Racer

New Zealand
Palmerston North
raymond should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it isn't a case of MSNZ thinking the Clubs are irrelevant (as the President of MSNZ told us our club was).[/QUOTE]

I have to agree Roger, it is not a well-worded letter. I cannot apologise for the letter as I didnt write it and it does not help the situation at all. Please be assured that the Exec do understand the value of all the clubs in MSNZ.

However; I am Sorry for the negativity it has caused
Old 8 Dec 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3176453)   #39
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:

grow some and post the rest of the email, you never know, i might agree with you. but posting one line means jack.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 09:55 (Ref:3176465)   #40
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
grow some and post the rest of the email, you never know, i might agree with you. but posting one line means jack.
The rest of the letter doesn't relate to the statement I referred to so I don't think it will help you much.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3176466)   #41
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond View Post
I hope it isn't a case of MSNZ thinking the Clubs are irrelevant (as the President of MSNZ told us our club was).
I have to agree Roger, it is not a well-worded letter. I cannot apologise for the letter as I didnt write it and it does not help the situation at all. Please be assured that the Exec do understand the value of all the clubs in MSNZ.

However; I am Sorry for the negativity it has caused[/QUOTE]

Thanks Crunch.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 10:16 (Ref:3176473)   #42
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
sooooooooooooo, did the executive not agree with the brand of ice-cream or soft drink you were selling trackside??

please enlighten us.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 11:12 (Ref:3176489)   #43
RogerH
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
sooooooooooooo, did the executive not agree with the brand of ice-cream or soft drink you were selling trackside??

please enlighten us.
Did you read post #35?

To elaborate - the issue was the promotion of the 2012/13 Tier 1 Series by MSNZ after MPL folded. There was commentary from MSNZ that they were obligated to run the Championship Series.

We observed what was written in the National Sporting Code on this matter (as partly recorded in post #35). We suggested that the Code did not actually obligate MSNZ to run a Championship as the word used was "may" organise and promote a Championship which gave an option of not running the Championship. Additionally, the Code stated that a Club could run a Championship event so this was an alternative to MSNZ running it.

We commented that this gave the opportunity for MSNZ to consider not running or promoting a Championship event or series if it was detrimental to the sport or if it was likely to be financially untenable.

The response from MSNZ was that they were going ahead with running the Championship Series and our Club's view on this matter was irrelevant.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 07:18 (Ref:3176735)   #44
DX20VT
Racer

DX20VT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The response from MSNZ was that they were going ahead with running the Championship Series and our Club's view on this matter was irrelevant.
maybe your club did not want it,
but maybe there were more clubs that did want it to go ahead?
in which case if your the minority your voice is irrelevant as majority rules?

there is usually more than one side to a story.