Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:01 (Ref:3883973)   #1
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cheapening the brand

https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...-hall-of-fame/

What a crock. Why does he gets special treatment, he's no better ( and arguably not as good ) than anyone else yet gets the red carpet laid out. Give anyone the best gear by far and they'll look like a superstar. It's bullshit. Hopefully his ex wife's soon-to-be book opens peoples' eyes to the person he actually is.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:06 (Ref:3883976)   #2
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perhaps some people can differentiate between his on-track acheivements and the stuff behind closed doors?
Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:19 (Ref:3883977)   #3
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...-hall-of-fame/

What a crock. Why does he gets special treatment, he's no better ( and arguably not as good ) than anyone else yet gets the red carpet laid out. Give anyone the best gear by far and they'll look like a superstar. It's bullshit. Hopefully his ex wife's soon-to-be book opens peoples' eyes to the person he actually is.
Whilst he is one of the all time greats, I tend to agree.
Why bend the rules for him and not just wait the 2x years.
Especially since he is still participating as a co-driver.
What happens if he wins the next 2x Bathurst ?
What would be a better induction to HOF, recently retired driver or all time equal Bathurst winner?
Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:28 (Ref:3883978)   #4
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be fair they kinda needed a news story, things are sllooooowww at the moment....
Old 14 Feb 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3883983)   #5
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure this has put a spring in Ingalls step...

Maybe a knighthood too?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Feb 2019, 05:04 (Ref:3884000)   #6
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Can't take anything you say seriously after a statement like that.

He came along to the HRT very raw and immediately showed his ability, and smashed the rest of the field in a day where the top couple of teams were all very good. Spent a while in the weeds with the Gibson experiment but again showed his class and talent in being part of the building of 888's legend, and was never far from the front at all.

This comment of him being flattered by driving the best cars is comical - do you think the 888 FG, or any of the Commodores were born good? No - they were beautifully engineered cars that drivers tested and moulded into excellent race cars that won plenty of races. Craig also has been one of the most marketable stars of the sport. I'm not buying into this tall poppy character assassination that is going on.

I don't really see why they would bother getting him into the hall of fame like this, but there's no doubting his eligibility to enter.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3884060)   #7
gtcapri
Racer

Australia
Maitland NSW
gtcapri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should've put Jamie in too considering his achievements.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 20:53 (Ref:3884242)   #8
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think anyone would dispute Lowndes being a worthy hall of famer.
I just hope another worthy recipient isn't bumped down the queue because of this decision.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 15 Feb 2019, 06:34 (Ref:3884307)   #9
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
I don't think anyone would dispute Lowndes being a worthy hall of famer.
I just hope another worthy recipient isn't bumped down the queue because of this decision.
Agreed re CL being worthy.
It would seem likely, at least possible, that with the precedent of conditions being overlooked / eased for CL, that it might make it easier for other potential recipients.
I just hope it does not open a floodgate of lesser talents to be included, potentially minimising the honour of the appointment.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 11:02 (Ref:3884358)   #10
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never liked CL to be honest. Far too smiley and fake, can barely string a sentence together, and clearly missed the primary school class where they taught the difference between, "I" and "we".
Old 15 Feb 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3884373)   #11
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
I've never liked CL to be honest. Far too smiley and fake, can barely string a sentence together, and clearly missed the primary school class where they taught the difference between, "I" and "we".
All extremely important when it comes to determining the success and achievements of a race car driver
Old 15 Feb 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3884376)   #12
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Can't take anything you say seriously after a statement like that.

He came along to the HRT very raw and immediately showed his ability, and smashed the rest of the field in a day where the top couple of teams were all very good. Spent a while in the weeds with the Gibson experiment but again showed his class and talent in being part of the building of 888's legend, and was never far from the front at all.

This comment of him being flattered by driving the best cars is comical - do you think the 888 FG, or any of the Commodores were born good? No - they were beautifully engineered cars that drivers tested and moulded into excellent race cars that won plenty of races. Craig also has been one of the most marketable stars of the sport. I'm not buying into this tall poppy character assassination that is going on.

I don't really see why they would bother getting him into the hall of fame like this, but there's no doubting his eligibility to enter.
Actually agree 100%.

Plus - the catalyst is obviously due to Lowndes' longetivity, as well as what he's PUT BACK into the sport.
Old 15 Feb 2019, 23:13 (Ref:3884500)   #13
Langers
Veteran

Langers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
All extremely important when it comes to determining the success and achievements of a race car driver
19 years without a championship win is not a good look either, if we’re assessing performance.

Certainly he deserves to be in the hall of fame, but in 2 years, not now.

Last edited by Langers; 15 Feb 2019 at 23:27.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 00:28 (Ref:3884514)   #14
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah I think above all else, it's a tad too soon.
Old 16 Feb 2019, 10:24 (Ref:3884580)   #15
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Langers View Post
19 years without a championship win is not a good look either, if we’re assessing performance.

Certainly he deserves to be in the hall of fame, but in 2 years, not now.
Not agreeing or disagreeing but a far more relevant post compared to your previous one
Old 18 Feb 2019, 23:54 (Ref:3885116)   #16
db120176
Racer

Australia
Sydney CBD
db120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb120176 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2 years doesn't feel that long to wait, considering a lot of Halls of Fame have a 5 year wait.

Why not also retire double zero or triple eight as numbers for that matter?