Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 1 Jul 2000, 12:43 (Ref:20729)   #1
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the Qualifying ended today i wondered to myself, why did I get up at 7:00 on a holiday to see that? You could see more excitement on any dirt track in Ontario on any Saturday afternoon. The only interesting part of the whole session was seeing two Mika cars out there, hearing Martin Brundle describe the Minardi as an Arrows, and seeing DC spin his tires.

Five seconds of highlights in an hour show.

I'm going back to bed and dream about sports cars.
Old 1 Jul 2000, 13:30 (Ref:20735)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, it was yet another snoozesome qualifying session.

Although Minardi got more coverage in 1 hour than they've had for the entire rest of the season.

And Mazzacane is only 2.6 seconds off of the pole time. That's close.

Old 1 Jul 2000, 13:42 (Ref:20741)   #3
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

I had set the VCR, having been exhausted and needing sleep. I stiill woke up at 7:30 and wandered into the TV room to find out that the power had gone out overnight wiping out my settings on the VCR-It doesn't seem like I missed much.
Old 1 Jul 2000, 14:12 (Ref:20756)   #4
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DC hasn't got a patch on Johnny when it comes to doughnuts! How could you miss Goodwood, Liz ?!
Old 1 Jul 2000, 17:05 (Ref:20781)   #5
neutral
Racer

neutral should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you find it boring then dont watch. F1 is not like sportscars, and any other bunch of $50,000 cars driving around trying to look pretty. It may not have the taking over, but F1 has its own image, an image reflected by tremendous technology, espionage, controversy, scandal, and SPEED! It is a formula which comprises the best of the best in every aspect. Unlike the weekend drivers in sports cars,
each two weeks we get to watch the cream of the crop in F1.
I love F1, surely it needs changes, but despite this, there is simply no substitute. In terms of sports cars, Id rather watch the grass grow. But I dont whinge, I simply dont tune in. Two final points-

1) Come race day you"ll be glued in front of the TV.
2) If DC had qualified ahead of MS would it have then been exciting?
Old 1 Jul 2000, 17:13 (Ref:20782)   #6
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1) Come race day i'll be trackside watching REAL racing.
2) No. We want to see racing - not see who has the best pit stop strategy this week.
Old 1 Jul 2000, 17:41 (Ref:20785)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am very used to watch qualifying... (here 8 AM) After the
ads I wait who will be the first out of the pits, then a more little time to see the big guys... and after that I just wake up in time to see the qualifying sheet. But sometimes it gets me alert all through the session...
Old 1 Jul 2000, 18:32 (Ref:20792)   #8
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My TV has a little feature, where you can set it to turn on at a certain time. So i set it for 4:00am, which is when it starts. When I actually awoke, I thought I was dreaming, they were closly watching and covering a Minardi!

Well any way the quilifying was boring, but the only reasons I watch are:
-Whos is on the pole
-Where Ralf is
-And just to watch the in-car views
Old 3 Jul 2000, 00:07 (Ref:21012)   #9
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back the 1970s and 1980s. F1 is now just a very expensive, very rigged, very boring parade.

I'm never glued to the TV when F1 comes on. But I'm going to go glue myself to the CART race - 8 different winners in 9 races - now THAT is racing!