Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 May 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3824729)   #151
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.supercars.com/news/champi...?sf190419849=1

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 3 Nov 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3860694)   #152
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Mr Ingall coming back?

#needmoreingall
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Nov 2018, 10:37 (Ref:3860697)   #153
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Mr Ingall coming back?

#needmoreingall
No chance. Car looks good though, just hope it goes as good as it looks.
Old 3 Nov 2018, 10:55 (Ref:3860702)   #154
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cute render.

Is Jesse Dixon involved?
Old 3 Nov 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3860746)   #155
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
No chance. Car looks good though, just hope it goes as good as it looks.
Looks good but it ain't a touring car.
Old 5 Nov 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3861204)   #156
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mustang Testing This Week

Old 5 Nov 2018, 20:50 (Ref:3861205)   #157
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Two shakedowns plus 6 test days for the Mustang apparently (so much more generous than the normal testing allocation!).

Are they allowed to use competition Dunlop tyres for new model testing (heck, do they even get brand new tyres!), or do they have to use alternative tyres?

I see that the aero homologation will be in December, with both ZB and Altima present. If I were Kelly Racing, I would rehomologate the Altima with more efficient rear wing end plates, that also shadow underneath the wing (like the Commodore uses).

https://autoaction.com.au/2018/11/06...tang-will-test

Auto Action says:
Quote:
Ford Australia is set to release images of the completed Mustang racer in its ‘camo’ livery to the media later this week ahead of the Phillip Island test.
I am curious to see how goofy or otherwise the revised roofline looks, and think it a terrible missed opportunity that a revised rollcage for coupes wasn't designed by Supercars in order to allow WAU to be able to cost effectively homologate their Camaro too.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:26 (Ref:3861507)   #158
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
I am curious to see how goofy or otherwise the revised roofline looks, and think it a terrible missed opportunity that a revised rollcage for coupes wasn't designed by Supercars in order to allow WAU to be able to cost effectively homologate their Camaro too.
Goofy it is:
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...?sf201713310=1

As soon as you move the roof height you open up a huge pandoras box of trying to equalise it, especially in reference to the rear wing, speaking of which, the one on the Mustang looks like its in a different postcode to the car.

Interested to hear how the Ford whiners crying about the ZB's wing will receive it.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:27 (Ref:3861508)   #159
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Toyota 86?
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:37 (Ref:3861509)   #160
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:40 (Ref:3861510)   #161
twinwebbers
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
twinwebbers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done they've achieved the impossible! Super effort.

They've made a mustang look ugly.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:47 (Ref:3861511)   #162
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have to be honest I think the 2018 flavour of the 'Stang looks way better than the 2019 with the fussy headlight treatment.

Plus it seems anyway the Mustang is the new Commodore, the must-have for the feral bogan.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:52 (Ref:3861512)   #163
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

A MARC Mustang... looks better...
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:58 (Ref:3861513)   #164
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its a Falcadore made to look like a Mustang, rather than a Mustang panel set mod'd to fit over the control chassis

Quote:

A MARC Mustang... looks better...
Only marginally.

Would have looked so much sexier if it was similar to the Havoline picture (or any other of the number of renders done elsewhere)

Quote:
Old 7 Nov 2018, 01:25 (Ref:3861515)   #165
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
Would have looked so much sexier if it was similar to the Havoline picture (or any other of the number of renders done elsewhere)
That's why it's a render, it isn't real, and it doesn't have to hit any hard points like are real one...
Old 7 Nov 2018, 02:26 (Ref:3861519)   #166
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
abomination
/əbɒmɪˈneɪʃ(ə)n/Submit
noun
a thing that causes disgust or loathing.
"concrete abominations masquerading as hotels"
synonyms: atrocity, disgrace, horror, obscenity, outrage, curse, torment, evil, crime, monstrosity, violation, bugbear, anathema, bane; bête noire
"in both wars, internment was an abomination"
a feeling of hatred.
"a Calvinist abomination of indulgence"
synonyms: detestation, loathing, hatred, aversion, antipathy, revulsion, repugnance, abhorrence, odium, execration, disgust, horror, hostility, disdain, contempt, distaste, dislike
"he had a Calvinist abomination of indulgence"

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 7 Nov 2018, 02:33 (Ref:3861520)   #167
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not the best thanks to the high roofline, but it's still the best looking car on the 2019 grid by an eternity.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 7 Nov 2018, 02:39 (Ref:3861522)   #168
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Ye gads! The wing looks like something from a Time Attack car.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 02:39 (Ref:3861523)   #169
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just horrible!

What else would you get from a category that's in decay.

If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 7 Nov 2018, 04:49 (Ref:3861533)   #170
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
That's why it's a render, it isn't real, and it doesn't have to hit any hard points like are real one...
There's a quote somewhere out there I seem to recall, something involving faeces and Sherlock Holmes, but I can't quite put my finger on it
Old 7 Nov 2018, 05:25 (Ref:3861538)   #171
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No wonder all the sneak preview teaser shots have been of the nose.

That's the only bit that looks any good.......

As they say, this one fell out of the ugly tree. And hit every branch on the way down.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 7 Nov 2018, 05:37 (Ref:3861539)   #172
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
it reminds me a bit of the Brazilian Stock Cars. Which are also Lumpy, Out of Proportion and Ugly.

Have we just seen why no-one else wanted to join the series. Who would want to *******ise a pretty good looking car to make it fit the rules of the series if that is the result.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 06:10 (Ref:3861543)   #173
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Goofy it is:

Interested to hear how the Ford whiners crying about the ZB's wing will receive it.
Hmm, the revised roofline does not seem to be well received.

Re: the wing rear with additional flow conditioner underneath it: Ford Performance had no choice but to try to maximise performance and to match the Commodore's lower plate. I'm guesssing the huge endplates plus the lower plate underneath the wing, help the wing's performance in yaw.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 06:18 (Ref:3861545)   #174
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Ye gads! The wing looks like something from a Time Attack car.

Wing later trimmed in homologation.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 06:32 (Ref:3861548)   #175
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
McLaughlin Enjoys Mustang Drive

I guess the driver’s seat is the only place to be so you don’t have to look at the thing...