Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Apr 2014, 20:24 (Ref:3399823)   #76
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
I passed this sign a while back.
Made a Pliny the Elder clone/hybrid a friend, hopefully it will be ready.
Sounds quite tasty! Enjoy.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 30 Apr 2014, 00:32 (Ref:3399870)   #77
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
This is great. I've known Ryan ever since he was a teenager hanging around the tracks. He worked and drove for lesser-funded teams and I have one photo of Ryan, rebuilding his own gearbox so that the could get back into the action.

My friend, Ryan, is the real thing. Glad to see him given new opportunities.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 01:15 (Ref:3399875)   #78
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Same thing happened with Sebring tickets. For as long as I can remember the ticket had a picture of the previous year's winning car on it. This year there was no picture at all, just a boring ticket.

It's obvious that they want to change everything to make it new again and ruin it all during the process.

I used to fly cross country to be at Laguna for ALMS, this year it may just sit on my DVR for a few weeks until I get around to it. It's all shameful really.
You guys really complaining about a piece of paper that gets you into the race? I understand some collect them, etc...but is this really even worth sweating...
Old 30 Apr 2014, 04:19 (Ref:3399894)   #79
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Same thing happened with Sebring tickets. For as long as I can remember the ticket had a picture of the previous year's winning car on it. This year there was no picture at all, just a boring ticket.

It's obvious that they want to change everything to make it new again and ruin it all during the process.

I used to fly cross country to be at Laguna for ALMS, this year it may just sit on my DVR for a few weeks until I get around to it. It's all shameful really.

It was like they were trying to hide any evidence of P1 cars, but hey it could be worse and was at Daytona all they have me was a wrist band like some stupid night club.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 14:25 (Ref:3400020)   #80
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
I do have better things to complain about. It is however just another example of the many things that prove that this new series is worse than what we used to have.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3400039)   #81
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I get twisted up over lame tickets as well. However, it is usually the track that handles the entire ticket process.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 16:26 (Ref:3400060)   #82
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I get twisted up over lame tickets as well. However, it is usually the track that handles the entire ticket process.
And NASCAR owns Sebring now.
Old 1 May 2014, 02:18 (Ref:3400204)   #83
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=28605
Pierre Kaffer in for Risi at Long Beach.
That's a good lineup for Risi. Hopefully they can avoid the lousy luck they seem to keep running into this year.
Old 1 May 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3400456)   #84
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I seemed to have missed this earlier, but with Pla being at Spa for WEC action, Oak has brought Brundle in for Laguna.
Old 1 May 2014, 18:48 (Ref:3400492)   #85
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying pole times from last year to use as reference. I don't know if GA ran at Laguna last year but the DP pole time is probably irrelevant since it was under 2013 spec:

LMP2 1:16.6GTLM 1:22.7

Me thinks that the DP/LMP2 pole will be slower than last year's LMP2 pole perhaps in the low 17's while GTLM will go slightly faster into the low 22's.
Old 1 May 2014, 19:11 (Ref:3400501)   #86
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I don't know if GA ran at Laguna last year but the DP pole time is probably irrelevant since it was under 2013 spec:
They did. 1:21.557 was pole.
Old 1 May 2014, 19:34 (Ref:3400511)   #87
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Actually I think The Sebring raceway is still owned by Don Panoz but is leased to IMSA long term.

Edit:

Ooops...was wrong.
Old 1 May 2014, 22:33 (Ref:3400547)   #88
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/st...r-in-monterey/
Can you say Martini Racing!?
Old 1 May 2014, 23:41 (Ref:3400554)   #89
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
But NASCAR doesn't own LS, which the original ticket comment was about.

Old 2 May 2014, 00:33 (Ref:3400560)   #90
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

FANTASTIC!!!
That livery is just classic.
Old 2 May 2014, 01:23 (Ref:3400562)   #91
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breitling24 View Post
But NASCAR doesn't own LS, which the original ticket comment was about.
And I was responding to the comment made about tickets at Sebring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN
Old 2 May 2014, 09:00 (Ref:3400660)   #92
mimi1969
Rookie

mimi1969 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
Do I dare watch these races after the horrible coverage at Long Beach?

Probably not. Honesty looking more forward to Talladega.

If USCC had any sense left, they would give the P2s a better chance at a victory. GTLM battle will be fun as always. I hope Viper can come out with a good result. The "Am" race will be fun too...hope some of the PC drivers got driving lessons during the break.
What do you think they did?

P2 would have won at Sebring if not for Ganassi pit strategy, as it is they still had two of top 3 and three of top 5 places. Ran near top of leader board at Daytona also until mistakes both on the track and in the pits took them out. P2s have been very competitive all season at tracks which were favorable to the DP.

Even before the BoP, the P2 were favored to win a MLSR due to it's long sweeping turns. Now with them cutting the HP of the Dp it should be a P2 sweep. The first three races favored the DP with it's HP and torque. Yet the P2 remained competitive and should have had at least one win. Yet before going to a track which favored the P2 as MLSR is, the decision was made to cut the HP of the DP cars. Waiting till after MLSR would have given IMSA a baseline to actually know where the two cars stand between each other. And most likely a P2 still would have won. But now the only way to do that is to wait for another three races and make changes after each to see where things stand.
Old 2 May 2014, 09:09 (Ref:3400666)   #93
Somatosis
Rookie

Australia
Somatosis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi1969 View Post

P2 would have won at Sebring if not for Ganassi pit strategy
Ganassi pit strategy = we seem to have saved enough fuel to make it home without another stop thanks to this mysterious 40 minute caution period.
Old 2 May 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3400705)   #94
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
mimi169:

First off, the way to tell where the two types of P-cars stand would be to test them on various tracks--something which hasn't occurred to TUSC management. Instead we get guessing games.

Also, lap times in themselves don't tell the story. The fastest P2 lap times looked close to DPs at every event, but the actual on-track racing told a different story. DPs' torque and HP gve them such an advantage on restarts (where their greater weight and suitability to the tire which developed expressly for DPs) and in traffic, and also exiting slower turns plus of course on the straights meant that P2 cars never really had a chance to make a pass and make it stick through the course of a lap.

P2s might get an edge through a long, seeping turn, but if the DPs can eat it up on any straight bit of track, then it only takes one slow corner or one slow car for the DP to push past and drive away from the P2.

The idea that a certain type of car simply cannot win on some tracks is ridiculous. How is that "Racing"? Sure, some tracks will suit certain car characteristics, but P2s did not have the capacity to Race with the DPs.

Yes, at Sebring the cool are and inability of AXR engineers to adapt to the changing conditions as well as ESM (whose turbocharged engines also gained extra power compared to the naturally aspirated V8s, due to the cooler air, effectively adjusting the BoP) But how many more 12- or 24-hour races are on the schedule? Oh, yeah ... none.

Series management analyzed the first three races and took Back some of the extra horsepower they had given DPs based on the fact that P2s weren't cutting it. Pretty much everyone who didn't care who won so long as it was fair said the DPs needed to lose a few hp. Now they have.

Unfortunately TUSC hasn't figured out that it is allowed to run tests, so we get testing during races, but the first three races pretty much proved the BoP was off. Would you really expect the P2 teams (including ESM, which is contributing significant cash to the series) to accept that their cars simply could not win on many tracks? How does that make any sense?
Old 2 May 2014, 18:23 (Ref:3400864)   #95
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Big update to the Spotter Guide yesterday with the Martini Starworks livery (thanks to the team for the heads up last week), BAR-1 details, and a sweep of driver updates in TUDOR and CTSCC.

www.spotterguides.com which is hosted by Ten-Tenths
Old 2 May 2014, 20:44 (Ref:3400942)   #96
Breitling24
Veteran

Thanks, Andy

Old 3 May 2014, 01:49 (Ref:3401001)   #97
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The paddock is packed! The vibe here is much much better than long beach,lots of stuff going on.the new camaros in conti are awesome but you can feel the grid is just missing something with the roush mustangs gone.the super trofeo cars are cool but quite dull on track.i hope both TUSCAR races turn out good because I love being here.
Old 3 May 2014, 04:08 (Ref:3401019)   #98
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Paddock is packed...totally agree...atmosphere is good. Corvette paddock is insane, never seen anything like it. Will be great to finally see the TUSC cars on track tomorrow...
Old 3 May 2014, 13:44 (Ref:3401233)   #99
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new live timing graphic display looks to have good potential. I look forward to it. I hope that when the timing updates that the filter I have remains on. For instance if you want to see live timing for GTLM only you can filter out the other categories. Under the old timing whenever the timing refreshes the filter goes away. I did not like that.

If this works out the last step would be to have a live displa of the cars circulating the track with colored dots.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/mo...iday-notebook/
Old 3 May 2014, 14:20 (Ref:3401262)   #100
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
The new live timing graphic display looks to have good potential. I look forward to it. I hope that when the timing updates that the filter I have remains on. For instance if you want to see live timing for GTLM only you can filter out the other categories. Under the old timing whenever the timing refreshes the filter goes away. I did not like that.

If this works out the last step would be to have a live displa of the cars circulating the track with colored dots.

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/mo...iday-notebook/
I dont know, seems a bit gimmicky to me. All I want is gaps, laptimes and as many cars shown on the screen as possible. But I'll have to try it before judging.