Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 4 Nov 2020, 18:43 (Ref:4014889)   #26
Eliteracer
Rookie

Eliteracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just bought mine too.

I think what you guys are doing for your mate is absolutely superb.

If sales are slow I'll willingly buy more donate them to the old car boys in the Teesdale.

Well done to you all who made this possible.

I'll look out for Mr Bauble in the Christmas Honours list.

J
Old 4 Nov 2020, 21:47 (Ref:4014912)   #27
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Ordered through fleabay this afty.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 10:32 (Ref:4014967)   #28
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A message to those who have ordered more than one copy of the calendar;

When the calendars are sent out we can now send them direct to your friends if you wish. just let us have an address, and they will go out with a simple message and your name.

It will be a standard message something like;

"Happy Christmas and a Happy. Safe New year, I thought you might like to remember our friend Mike during 2021"

Cheers, Fred.

Any suggestions as to content please send to me.

You can PM me with friends address or direct to the seller.

A perfect reason to order those extra copies.
Old 5 Nov 2020, 17:43 (Ref:4015049)   #29
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Calendar ordered, less than 24 hours left on eBay site.

Roll up, roll up!
Old 6 Nov 2020, 08:01 (Ref:4015129)   #30
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Calendar ordered, less than 24 hours left on eBay site.

Roll up, roll up!
Yes, come on gang. i see that at least 13 more need to be sold so that this venture doesn't cost the family, plus before any money goes to charity. Gig deep in your pockets folks so that Mike looking down on us can say "Happy Days".
Old 6 Nov 2020, 08:53 (Ref:4015139)   #31
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have now been able to get one delivered to Australia, which it would not initially let me do. Very helpful gent at the ebay site and a few emails back and forth got it and a new price sorted to cover sending it to the other end of the planet, so order placed today.

Thanks to all those involved in the process from the clicking of cameras through to the production and despatch. Good job all.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 10:38 (Ref:4015154)   #32
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
What about contacting all the clubs Mike raced with, Masters, Legends ect. I will send e mail to HSCC,Masters and FJ.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 12:31 (Ref:4015164)   #33
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
What about contacting all the clubs Mike raced with, Masters, Legends ect. I will send e mail to HSCC,Masters and FJ.
Iain,
Paul Lawrence has put a link up on the HSCC Facebook page, and I did send a link to Peter Auto, I don't know if Mike raced with them,

Let me know how/who to contact at Masters and Legends and I will give them a try.

All suggestions welcome.

If you want your copies sent directly to your friends this is easily arranged I can sort it for you if needed.

Mike deserves all of our best efforts.

Don't forget to get your copy of the November MOG for the Bike Ride article, you are prominent in prose and pictures.

Cheers,

Bauble Bob.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 13:08 (Ref:4015168)   #34
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've just e mailed Masters and copied Bob, Iain and Cliff. My apologies, I had to use my mod powers to seek out your e mail addresses.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 13:23 (Ref:4015174)   #35
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Ok, I have told Masters, GTSCC and FJ.. I see nearly 60 have been sold.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 13:59 (Ref:4015177)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Ok, I have told Masters, GTSCC and FJ.. I see nearly 60 have been sold.
Thank you Peter, and iain, your help in promoting this worthy cause is very welcome and appreciated, and too all who have been so supportive of the project. Being a believer in the Afterlife I am sure Mike is anxious to see the 100 target met, as he was always competitive in everything he did.

send a copy to your friends even if you don't want one yourself, although it is a great reminder of Mike in all his guises.

It is good to be amongst friends at this time.
Old 6 Nov 2020, 22:53 (Ref:4015270)   #37
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How do we get a copy of the November MOG Baub?
Old 7 Nov 2020, 02:01 (Ref:4015288)   #38
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
go to the ebay link for the calendar, then select 'see other items' near the top right corner. Scroll down the resulting list and it's about 6 items down.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 07:36 (Ref:4015321)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Alan, go to the calendar site, you should see at the top of the page images of various magazines, the far left is the November MOG (montage cover) click on the picture and you should get to the E bay order form.

Bob.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 07:57 (Ref:4015325)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now I understand. I've followed David's advice and bought the mag.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 08:19 (Ref:4015326)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOG-Magaz...AAAOSwwCNfnBFZ
Always ask a native…
Old 7 Nov 2020, 10:17 (Ref:4015344)   #42
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Now I understand. I've followed David's advice and bought the mag.
Thanks, Peter, I could have saved myself £4.95 ordering a copy for you, perhaps you can sell a copy to Alan.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 10:42 (Ref:4015348)   #43
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I shall reimburse you when I next see you.
Old 7 Nov 2020, 10:44 (Ref:4015350)   #44
bauble
Veteran

England
With regard to sending copies of the calendar to friends/family etc. the best way to do this is to e mail;

alice@alphadeal.co.uk

with details of where to send the calendar, if you have already ordered several, you can still have these re-directed if you let Alice know. Everyone will then get a greeting and you name on a comp slip.

Cheers,

Bauble.
Old 9 Nov 2020, 11:41 (Ref:4015626)   #45
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I have had nice reply's from Masters and GTSCC. Vanessa said to contact Carol at Motor Racing News. I have asked her if she would do on our behalf.
Old 9 Nov 2020, 13:50 (Ref:4015647)   #46
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I shall reimburse you when I next see you.
No need Peter. it was as (funnily enough) a reminder of Mike, I did relate earlier somewhere on the forum of him refusing payment for a book he bought for me when a book shop in Attleborough was closing down. It was 'only' a fiver, but even so it was typical Mike. so i am happy to repay his generosity, to a good friend of his. (and I hope, mine)

I will be pleased to sign one of the copies when I see you.

Bob.

PS; All I would be happy to hear your views on the article, and risk the fall-out.
Old 9 Nov 2020, 13:53 (Ref:4015648)   #47
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
No need Peter. it was as (funnily enough) a reminder of Mike, I did relate earlier somewhere on the forum of him refusing payment for a book he bought for me when a book shop in Attleborough was closing down. It was 'only' a fiver, but even so it was typical Mike. so i am happy to repay his generosity, to a good friend of his. (and I hope, mine)

I will be pleased to sign one of the copies when I see you.

Bob.

PS; All I would be happy to hear your views on the article, and risk the fall-out.:)
You clearly haven't realised I've ordered a copy of the magazine too Baub!
Old 9 Nov 2020, 14:16 (Ref:4015651)   #48
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Bob, very kind, the mag arrived this morning. I'll read it later been busy for a change.
Old 9 Nov 2020, 15:03 (Ref:4015659)   #49
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
You clearly haven't realised I've ordered a copy of the magazine too Baub!
I can look forward to seeing you out on your bike next year then, Viv?
Old 9 Nov 2020, 15:09 (Ref:4015661)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well, the report has received the seal of approval from Mrs M. She revels in the fact that I'm in the old and decrepit class.