Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:47 (Ref:4036782)   #151
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post

Without dominators and underdogs and teams that develop their cars over years to finally get them competitive there really isn't anything that makes me root for/against individual teams or manufacturers anymore and in the end, that makes it really hard for me to care anymore.
Isn't that a good reason for rooting for the likes of Glickenhaus?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4036785)   #152
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The driver talent and amount of cars capable of winning the race makes it worthwhile to be honest. I understand the issues with spec racing but I think it's going to be a golden generation.

For me it's the customer car prospects as much as anything. Incredibly exciting - and hopefully it should have a ripple effect through the whole of sportscar racing.
Old 24 Feb 2021, 19:55 (Ref:4036793)   #153
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And if customer cars are available then it gives LMP2 teams another step on the ladder if they want it. What else do United Autosport have to prove in P2?
Old 24 Feb 2021, 20:03 (Ref:4036797)   #154
Ferrari333SP
Veteran

United States
Minnesota
Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!Ferrari333SP has a real shot at the podium!
IMO this is going to surpass every generation of cars at LeMans previously; simply an unapparelled time in the race's history coming up
Old 24 Feb 2021, 20:18 (Ref:4036803)   #155
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferrari333SP View Post
IMO this is going to surpass every generation of cars at LeMans previously; simply an unapparelled time in the race's history coming up
It's an attractive thought. Now all we have to do is to get there!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 21:07 (Ref:4036816)   #156
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Will this eclipse the glory days of 1998 and 1999?
of course it will as this is a full factory programme. The 333sp was a customer led programme
Old 24 Feb 2021, 22:05 (Ref:4036832)   #157
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
New rules. New manufacturers. The 2021 and beyond positivity thread!

My thoughts are a little to other manufacturers in F1 who may use the budget cuts to take up other sporting activities

Mclaren have certainly talked plenty of small talk about LMDH but made no real moves, perhaps in part now to their short term financial woes due to COVID. It’d certainly be nice to see them but I definitely see that being a LMDH if it does appear at all

Mercedes is an interesting one. They’ve shown no intent, and are clearly pushing hard toward electric. I mean it’d make a lot of sense from a marketing perspective, taking on Audi etc , but I think it’s pretty unlikely.

Renault/Alpine are obviously doing the grandfathering thing, it’ll be interesting to see how they approach 2022/23, they have very natural rivals in Pug and Toyota, so I can see it being worthwhile for them, but again I’d think LMDH is more likely.

Red Bull are certainly going to be swinging around a little due to the budget cuts, but it seems they will be fully focused on the hydrogen thing.

Aston Martin have been discussed plenty, and we all agree they are daft to have stopped the Valkyrie LMH programme

Customer Ferraris rebadged as Alfa Romeos anyone? Now that is a silly thought!
Old 24 Feb 2021, 23:02 (Ref:4036840)   #158
truebeliever
Racer

truebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtruebeliever should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Hmmm, guess you never heard of Group C1/C2 then?
Old 25 Feb 2021, 03:26 (Ref:4036858)   #159
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course 333SP has, it’s just excitement for what might be. Which is a good thing.

Group C is just one of eras that had a peak that it will have to surpass.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 07:40 (Ref:4036875)   #160
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
To a certain generation group C has a mythical memory that could never be surpassed, but that generation is perhaps getting older. I was there, listening and watching those thundering giants fighting on the tracks and that is why i still love this type of racing, but still even the thought of group c brings a smile to my face.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 08:13 (Ref:4036881)   #161
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I hate to say it - but I think group C is largely overrated - for much of the '80's is was a one make fuel formula - yes the Jaguar years were great for us Brits but the racing wasn't like the prime LMP1 years - and yes I did go numerous times in the '80's so I speak from experience.

I think LM races got a whole lot more exciting when Audi developed the durability so that a car could 'race' for 24 hours flat out
Old 25 Feb 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4036905)   #162
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I loved Group C at the time, it was happening when I got into sportscars so it will always hold dear for me, but the memory has rather been dimmed over the years by the cars returning to the track on a regular basis, often pedalled as thin shadows of their original selves. I'm looking forward to the future. I don't give a monkeys about BOP as long as we have plenty of cars, good close racing and a decent chance for the privateers....
Old 25 Feb 2021, 11:22 (Ref:4036908)   #163
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I loved Group C at the time, it was happening when I got into sportscars so it will always hold dear for me, but the memory has rather been dimmed over the years by the cars returning to the track on a regular basis, often pedalled as thin shadows of their original selves. I'm looking forward to the future. I don't give a monkeys about BOP as long as we have plenty of cars, good close racing and a decent chance for the privateers....
Yes I loved it at the time - but on reflection it was more 'the event' I fell in love with than the actual racing. As time has gone on, in my opinion, the racing has got better due to the ability of the cars to actually 'race' race than 'survive'
Old 25 Feb 2021, 12:56 (Ref:4036917)   #164
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
That 2023 centenary race at Le Mans is looking pretty tasty.
I'm seriously considering attending it.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 13:13 (Ref:4036922)   #165
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Me too......
Old 25 Feb 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4036926)   #166
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Unless someone stops me attending i will be there
Old 25 Feb 2021, 14:23 (Ref:4036935)   #167
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
My thoughts are a little to other manufacturers in F1 who may use the budget cuts to take up other sporting activities

Mclaren have certainly talked plenty of small talk about LMDH but made no real moves, perhaps in part now to their short term financial woes due to COVID. It’d certainly be nice to see them but I definitely see that being a LMDH if it does appear at all

Mercedes is an interesting one. They’ve shown no intent, and are clearly pushing hard toward electric. I mean it’d make a lot of sense from a marketing perspective, taking on Audi etc , but I think it’s pretty unlikely.

Renault/Alpine are obviously doing the grandfathering thing, it’ll be interesting to see how they approach 2022/23, they have very natural rivals in Pug and Toyota, so I can see it being worthwhile for them, but again I’d think LMDH is more likely.

Red Bull are certainly going to be swinging around a little due to the budget cuts, but it seems they will be fully focused on the hydrogen thing.

Aston Martin have been discussed plenty, and we all agree they are daft to have stopped the Valkyrie LMH programme

Customer Ferraris rebadged as Alfa Romeos anyone? Now that is a silly thought!

Probably just a small factor but an opportunity to revive a good-old DTM rivalry surely must be in the back of MB's minds? Or are the '99 scars still too fresh more than 20 years later?
Old 25 Feb 2021, 14:29 (Ref:4036936)   #168
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Probably just a small factor but an opportunity to revive a good-old DTM rivalry surely must be in the back of MB's minds? Or are the '99 scars still too fresh more than 20 years later?
Added together with a few flying Sauber-Mercedes and the 1955 accident, Mercedes-Benz do not have a good memories from Le Mans.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4036952)   #169
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Probably my age, but Group C was for me the greatest thing to ever happen ! My first experience was Silverstone 83, seeing the Lancia LC2s powering through a wet woodcote at the end of lap 1 ahead of the field is something I'll never forget. ( found out later they were on wets, most Porsche 956s on Inters or Slicks ), but also seeing and hearing the Nimrod Aston Martin, seeing Bob Wollek throw the Marlboro 956 through Maggots / Beckets in the last hour, and all this before Factory cars from Jaguar, Aston Martin, Mercedes, Nissan, Toyota etc came to join the party !! Was at Brands 84 when Warwick muscled the JDavid 956 to victory over the Works Porsches, First Le Mans was 1988, Jaguars triumph still lives with me to this day, I could go on and on.... Loved LMP1 too, and now looking forward to LMH !!

https://www.racingsportscars.com/pho...html?sort=Grid
Old 25 Feb 2021, 16:28 (Ref:4036954)   #170
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For all the grief we quite often give them, they (the ACO/FiA) are doing something right. All these interested manufacturers, it's got to be a good thing.

Putting my rally hat on; it's a shame that they can't achieve the same thing.
Old 25 Feb 2021, 17:26 (Ref:4036956)   #171
Badlands99
Racer

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Badlands99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Langheck View Post
For all the grief we quite often give them, they (the ACO/FiA) are doing something right. All these interested manufacturers, it's got to be a good thing.

Putting my rally hat on; it's a shame that they can't achieve the same thing.
Alex,

Couldn't agree with you more! Used to follow WRC religiously during the Group B and then Group A, and it's really disappointing to see the best rallys in the world being reduced to three days of chasing around in overblown shopping trolleys with spectators being just about tolerated.

So far, fair play to ACO/FIA for at least getting people, inc fans, interested again.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 12:54 (Ref:4037132)   #172
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just watching the Formula E season kick-off - I think it's going to be more important than ever going forward that the WEC and FE seasons don't clash.

I actually think we could see some drivers jump ship back to sportscars.
Old 26 Feb 2021, 17:30 (Ref:4037188)   #173
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Luckily for us Formula E is popular with people that don't really like motor racing, I think most of the drivers think of it as a way to earn some money but would rather be in a real race with real cars. Obviously that is only my opinion.
Old 27 Feb 2021, 10:47 (Ref:4037277)   #174
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Luckily for us Formula E is popular with people that don't really like motor racing, I think most of the drivers think of it as a way to earn some money but would rather be in a real race with real cars. Obviously that is only my opinion.
One of those occasions where I can agree with you Simon!
Old 27 Feb 2021, 14:44 (Ref:4037318)   #175
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND